Author Topic: TEAM 4 - NV, OR, ID, WY, MT, UT, CO, NE, KS  (Read 42544 times)

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
TEAM 4 - NV, OR, ID, WY, MT, UT, CO, NE, KS
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:00:49 pm »
OK Riders, step up to the plate. Time to formulate a REAL team and make Teams 1, 2 and 3 look bad  ;D. No hosers. No posers. We need riders.  ;D Whoever thinks they can contribute it's time to start stepping up and let's work on it. 

As usual we have a lot of miles to cover. Not sure how we're going to pull it off but we've done it in the past. Long distance riders and short distance riders, as long as you P A R T I C I P A T E.

From what I can tell Team 3 will be riding to Winnemucca, NV so far. They are always welcome to press onwards. The time frame may have Team 3 handing off early May.

(WY??, NE??, OK?? ) Why'd I do this? Way too much territory!! Considering we're never sure if there may be riders in those states or perhaps they may wish to join our group we'd still like to cover as many states as SOHC4'ingly possible. Just another crazy thought. May be something we could consider if necessary IF WE HAVE RIDERS and if they want to take a diversion  ;D ;).

I know we have a core group of riders in Colorado but we still need to cover NV, UT, and KS. If there are no participants in other states along the way they will miss out and possibly leave some states unridden. That's just the way it is. Let's not let this happen, let's ride!

WHO'S IN?? 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:54:02 am by Jerry Rxman Griffin »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline NShahdadi

• Enthusiast
Re: TEAM 4 - NV, UT, CO, KS (WY??, NB??, OK??)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:06:43 pm »
Will this team include MO?
1976 CB550K

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: TEAM 4 - NV, UT, CO, KS (WY??, NE??)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:41:06 pm »
It could but KS/MO had been the handoff point. Was in 2011 anyway, what happened there last year guys? I was totally involved in our initial assault but very limited last year. Team 4 has maybe 2000 miles west to east already. That's a lot of territory. DonR has handled that territory previously. Not sure how it's going to happen this year. One team at a time. Are you ready to rally the troops for Team 5? Can't be too soon!  ;) Let's get something going. Roundup participants. Get ideas. Get in touch with DonR. ETC. It's wide open. It's YOUR ride. Do what you guys want. The main unknown for the next team is when?? Scottly and Wilbur probably have the best idea of a timeline.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:41:07 pm by Jerry Rxman Griffin »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline goldarrow

• one day, i'll be an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 02:48:35 pm »
OK Riders, step up to the plate. Time to formulate a REAL team and make Teams 1, 2 and 3 look bad  ;D. No hosers. No posers. We need riders.  ;D Whoever thinks they can contribute it's time to start stepping up and let's work on it. 

As usual we have a lot of miles to cover. Not sure how we're going to pull it off but we've done it in the past. Long distance riders and short distance riders, as long as you P A R T I C I P A T E.

From what I can tell Team 3 will be riding to Winnemucca, NV so far. They are always welcome to press onwards. The time frame may have Team 3 handing off early May.

WHO'S IN??

TEAM 3 is on FIRE!
Life Is Full Of Challenges - And My Backyard Is Full Of SOHC4's

CB550 K0
CB750 K0, K2, K23 JDM, K45, K5
And the little ones z50r, xr50r, st90

750k5 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=114817.0

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »
Don't get too cocky, gold. We still have only a few riders to get GZ from TX to you. ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline purf_man

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 08:32:25 pm »
I should be free from April first onward.  I am in Burlington but am always up for an excuse to get out of town
1975 CB550
1978 RD400

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 08:44:12 pm »
Burlington, TN or Boreington, CO??! I'm in Burlington, CO right now?!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:41:29 pm by Jerry Rxman Griffin »

Offline purf_man

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 09:08:11 pm »
Burlington, KS right now...

Dayton, TN in a month or so....well for a week at least
1975 CB550
1978 RD400

Offline K5 Keith

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 07:28:08 am »
My bike goes into the garage today to have the swingarm pulled off. On Tuesday I'll be dropping it off with HondaMan in Denver for a rebuild and buying his ignition and fuse block to install. I also hope to get new chain and sprokets installed soon. None of these things should be too involved so I think my bike will be in good shape to go.

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 10:50:14 am »
When you're up in Denver talk Mark into riding too  :D

Let me know if you need a hand.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:41:55 pm by Jerry Rxman Griffin »

Offline K5 Keith

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 04:30:56 pm »
I'll definately ask if Mark will be able to ride with the rally. I'll ask about OBR too.

Offline coke

• Hot Shot
    • Bob and Bob Bikes and Cars and Rides
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »
last year I road from Van Buren AR to Tulsa to meet up with TaxiScooter and Zeek and we then to GZ to a little bike rally in KS (can't remember the city) and then me and weston went to NE he then carried the torch to CO.  I had already picked up MO on my way home from TN cause there were no riders in KY and MO so I covered those two states heading out from picking up GZ in Nashville. 

If we don't get riders in MS and LA I am considering a run to Birmingham then to MS and LA and back home. then picking up Zeek Taxi and anyone else that wants to head through OK and maybe LA in to TX to meet up with Austin group.
1974 Honda CB350F
1976 Honda CB750F
1977 Honda CB750 F2 SuperSport
2009 H/D VRSCAW VRod
2011 H/D Road Glide Ultra
2007 Kawi 650r Ninja
1999 HD 883 Sportster (bought back from youngest son)
1999 Kawi 1500 Nomad (given to oldest son)

Offline Eydugstr

• Hot Shot
Re: TEAM 4 - NV, UT, CO, KS (WY??, NB??)
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »
last year I road from Van Buren AR to Tulsa to meet up with TaxiScooter and Zeek and we then to GZ to a little bike rally in KS (can't remember the city) and then me and weston went to NE he then carried the torch to CO.  I had already picked up MO on my way home from TN cause there were no riders in KY and MO so I covered those two states heading out from picking up GZ in Nashville. 

If we don't get riders in MS and LA I am considering a run to Birmingham then to MS and LA and back home. then picking up Zeek Taxi and anyone else that wants to head through OK and maybe LA in to TX to meet up with Austin group.

That city was Marquette, coke!  Just outside of Lindsborg KS (aka "Little Sweden")

Offline coke

• Hot Shot
    • Bob and Bob Bikes and Cars and Rides
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 07:27:49 pm »

That city was Marquette, coke!  Just outside of Lindsborg KS (aka "Little Sweden")

Yeah.. that was it.. nice little rally too.  Had a great time.
1974 Honda CB350F
1976 Honda CB750F
1977 Honda CB750 F2 SuperSport
2009 H/D VRSCAW VRod
2011 H/D Road Glide Ultra
2007 Kawi 650r Ninja
1999 HD 883 Sportster (bought back from youngest son)
1999 Kawi 1500 Nomad (given to oldest son)

Offline taxiscooter

• Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 11:03:42 am »
Hey Coke and Eydugstr ....... Marquette rally this year is Saturday May 18th 2013.
Was a blast last year and maybe we could work it in this year also.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »

Yeah.. that was it.. nice little rally too.  Had a great time.
Hey coke, take a look at the latest version of the map that combines team1 and team 2, plus you guys. What do you think?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline deafanddiabetc

• Deaf and Diabetic.
  • Books, bikes, boards, hermit and half deaf.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 12:05:11 am »
Would love to help be a part of this action. My friend Wes ran it last year from Colorado through Nebraska.

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 11:01:22 am »
It would be great to have you as part of this. Looks like we'll be heading west to east this year. At this point there is NOTHING definite except the west to east part which is why is added (WY??, NE??) to the thread title. Anything east of CO is fair game as long as we have willing riders. We want to cover as many states as possible with as many riders as possible. If the states get overlapped on the return westward then that's fine, at least they got covered. Where are you and how much riding can you do?

Our first impasse is Team 4's beginning - getting from CA across the low populated high desert areas of NV and UT which have maybe NO SOHC4 guys. There may be a few UT guys out there and I certainly hope so. Ofreen puts some serious miles on his bike and he's from out of area ID. GZ v1.0 we had to brave the snowing frozen 20 degree Continental Divide on 40 year old bikes to meet him south of Salt Lake City to make this a success. Don't know that anyone can do that again.

It was great meeting up and riding with Wes and ____ (I forgot his riding partner's name - Bong?) and his lady. Super nice guys and great riders. Are they available this year? Terry/CB650 is farther northeast of Denver now. Perhaps we could go through there, into the SE corner of WY then NE and cut back into KS. Maybe stop at Motorcycle Classics in Topeka again then to KC? We didn't have any western KS riders so us CO guys meet up with KC guys in western KS anmd rode to Topeka. I did 2400 miles over 2 weekends. While I love to ride I don't know how much I can do. If it's warm enough I'd be open for a camping meetup trip in the mountains even. Say, the western CO riders pull in then the Denver and Co Springs guys pull in and the NE guys also.   

I know Ofreen is on standby awaiting the progression of GZ. We have/had a couple western CO riders. There are a few 'usually willing' Denver area riders, Craig, Paul, Hondaman perhaps, Theofam, and others plus a couple Co Springs guys. There was JamesB in Topeka and Pinhead and Eydugstr near KC. Lets start networking and see who the 'potentials' are. 

Anyone want to ride?  ;D

Offline 78 k550

• Master
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 08:31:35 pm »
I'll definately ask if Mark will be able to ride with the rally. I'll ask about OBR too.

OBR is still on from what Bob told me last year he is doing it again.
Bob just moved to the Springs on Friday. I saw him at First Thursday.

I have a run here in CO mid June then off to Anacortes WA in mid aug.
I hope I can squeeze some run time in.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:36:57 pm by 78 k550 »
Paul
Littleton, CO

76/77 CB 750F, 
75 GL1000, (AKA GL1-242 NGWClub),
76 GL1000 LTD
84 GL1200 Standard
6 Bultaco's= 42, 49, 121, 152, 167, 188

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »
Wouldn't be the same without you  :) Heff and Gordo are gone.

What the hell is Bob doing down here? And when is OBR?

Offline 78 k550

• Master
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 09:39:29 pm »
OBR is weekend after mothers day. probably the weekend of the 18th.

Paul
Paul
Littleton, CO

76/77 CB 750F, 
75 GL1000, (AKA GL1-242 NGWClub),
76 GL1000 LTD
84 GL1200 Standard
6 Bultaco's= 42, 49, 121, 152, 167, 188

Offline Pinhead

• Master
  • 1979 CB652-ST
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 07:50:19 pm »
I'm in central KS now. I'm definitely up for joining the rally again!
Doug

Click --> Cheap Regulator/Rectifier for any of Honda's 3-phase charging systems (all SOHC4's).

GM HEI Ignition Conversion

Quote from: TwoTired
By the way, I'm going for the tinfoil pants...so they can't read my private thoughts.
:D

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 08:03:11 pm »
Excellent. Where are you? Please go to the 2013 list etc and sign up so you can get pinned on the map. Might need to PM goldarrow too. Who else are we dragging into this? Get the word out. Probably a little later than 2011??

Initial thoughts are: west to east ; Denver to nip WY and into NB then head south into KS. Some NB interest so that'd work. Nothing in stone, just thinking out loud and ALWAYS subject to modification.

Hoping we can cross paths again! I still have work to do on the bike before it goes very far.

Offline curemode2002

• Hot Shot
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 02:47:48 pm »
Well if I can throttle that last charging system gremlin bouncing around in the 650 I should be in. I am in Lehi which is like 20 mins south of Salt Lake City. I met up with Proto in Evanston Wyoming last year on a Friday then did a turn and burn and met up with Ofreen on that Saturday at the Utah Idaho border. So I can do like a hundo to 200 a day.

Plus I have to have more buddies along this time the wife had to rescue me last year when the 650 died on me. I was riding solo and she was pissed but I was able to talk her down as long as I can get some wingmen (or wingwomen). If I have enough time I should be able to get some local folks but I don't know if there is anyone but me with a live bike in Utah. Lostmykeys is close to me but last I heard he is working on his bike I will message him and see if he is in.
Bikes:
1980 CB650 Sold
2015 Monster 821 Stripe

Offline GJ Steve

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 07:28:03 pm »
I'd love to tag along for some portion of the Utah/Colorado/Wyoming? route. My ride is DOHC not SOHC so I couldn't officially haul Godzilla but I sure enjoyed the last ride with everyone. I see I'm pinned on the map so count me in for ride along support