Author Topic: TT and Manx Grand Prix 2012  (Read 6704 times)

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
TT and Manx Grand Prix 2012
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:26:19 am »
Rather than hijacking other threads we thought we might start a thread on who's
coming to the MGP & TT.

I'm around for the TT on race days and will be fully engaged for the Manx as we have a bike entered and also participaiting in the Festival of Jurby and the Parade lap. With
regard to the Manx it might be nice to get as many of 'us' together for a gathering, maybe the paddock as it will have the atmosphere...?

Anyhow, here is the thread, its a good idea if only to gauge interest.

Regards,
A

Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline NickO

• Enthusiast
Re: TT and Manx Grand Prix 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:07:52 am »
Hoping to be at the TT during some of practice week. Will almost definitely be there for the first race day, (Saturday 2nd June), but no definite plans yet!

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:14:08 am »
62TT,
As soon as you have finalised plans let us know.
Practice week I usually decend on Bradden Bridge (Church) as I can get out from here back home.

Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline iomtt9

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:01 pm »
Alex, do you know if Rob (Voxanda) is bringing his bike over to the Manx ?. I met him when i was at Frank Lemstra Moteren in Amsterdam, he was a sound guy, and he rates Franks  knowledge of Hondas second to none.

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 12:38:56 pm »
Rob I'd defiantly coming over, it remains to be seen if he is bringing a bike?
I know he thinks about this daily and I have offered another ride for him however he would rather be on a machine he knows as mistakes round here can be costly (I respect that totally).

I hope to hear from him soon re this, will let you know more when I know more.

Regards,
A
Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline rbmgf7

• 2>4
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 06:53:50 pm »
I'm working my way over for the TT this year (to watch, not to register  ;)). The idea is set, passport is pending, I have an agency looking into finding me the cheapest/easiest way over, and just need the boss to bless off on my vacay.

I'm looking into leaving here on the 26th of May and leave about the 9th of June. Wouldn't mind farting around London to see the sights, the Ace Cafe, and Stonehenge. I'd like to pack the mountain bike and panniers so I have a way to get around on the island.

Still a lot of variables to work out but I hope it straightens out in the end. It'll be my first and I'm super excited!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:55:31 pm by rbmgf7 »

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 10:41:11 pm »
Rbmgf7,
A TT virgin hey, if you do get over you won't be disappointed...!
I see that you hope to go to Stonehenge, I used to live a couple of miles from there so know the area well, by all means visit the 'Henge' but if you can also go to Avebury where you can still walk among stones nearly as old as the 'Henge. You can walk right up and touch them, it makes all the difference ;o)

If your travelling around the UK and have the option the cheapest way to get onto the Rock is as a foot passenger on the Steam Racket (www.steam-packet.com), if you do bring your mountain bike you can also walk this on/off the cargo deck. You would need to travel to Liverpool (coach might be the cheapest option) but there are plenty of ways to get over.

Fingers-crossed your Boss gives you the time off!

Regards,
A
Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline NickO

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 12:57:13 am »
Rbmgf7,
A TT virgin hey, if you do get over you won't be disappointed...!
I see that you hope to go to Stonehenge, I used to live a couple of miles from there so know the area well, by all means visit the 'Henge' but if you can also go to Avebury where you can still walk among stones nearly as old as the 'Henge. You can walk right up and touch them, it makes all the difference ;o)

If your travelling around the UK and have the option the cheapest way to get onto the Rock is as a foot passenger on the Steam Racket (www.steam-packet.com), if you do bring your mountain bike you can also walk this on/off the cargo deck. You would need to travel to Liverpool (coach might be the cheapest option) but there are plenty of ways to get over.

Fingers-crossed your Boss gives you the time off!

Regards,
A

Just to highlight what Alex has already said, by booking as a foot passenger on the Steam Packet boat, you can bring a pushbike with you at no additional cost. If you do this, make sure you book to sail from Liverpool (rather than Heysham). The experience of the departure out of Liverpool is a lot more exciting than Heysham if you have not done it before.

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 01:33:14 am »
Nick is spot-on...
Not only is the journey from Liverpool more exciting it is usually hours normally quicker.

Heysham is a dismal place that no one should visit unless they really have too..

Goodness I do hope I haven't upset anyone :o/

Regards,
A
Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 05:34:14 am »
I'm working my way over for the TT this year (to watch, not to register  ;)). The idea is set, passport is pending, I have an agency looking into finding me the cheapest/easiest way over, and just need the boss to bless off on my vacay.

I'm looking into leaving here on the 26th of May and leave about the 9th of June. Wouldn't mind farting around London to see the sights, the Ace Cafe, and Stonehenge. I'd like to pack the mountain bike and panniers so I have a way to get around on the island.

Still a lot of variables to work out but I hope it straightens out in the end. It'll be my first and I'm super excited!  ;D

Ray, if you get anywhere near me and need a bed or local transport, give me a shout.

Regards Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline iomtt9

• Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 07:27:35 am »
Ray, im hoping to get over for the TT, if you do go, i would be willing to take you round on the back of my bike for a few laps !!! Would look forward to meeting you, have a couple of beers,  im no expert but i could show you a few good places to visit. PM me nearer the time and will give you some contact details.
Col

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 07:46:57 am »
You think he has a death wish Colin. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D only kidin ;)

Sam. ;)

C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline iomtt9

• Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 07:50:21 am »
Afraid my road bikes only a 916, but it is Red. !!!!! Can borrow daughters car if needed !!! Gotta make our SOHC members welcome.

Offline bigalk4

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:44 am »
hi all i will be staying in the paddock(under honda racing flag) racing a cb/cr850 , 350 k4 drixton and a gsxr slabby , feel free to pop by and have a look at my bikes , all the best alec whitwell.

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 10:38:45 am »
Hi Alec,
Will pop over and say hello..

Regards,
Alex
Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline iomtt9

• Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:04 pm »
Hi Alec, think i spoke to you at last years MGP. I dont think you got the big Honda running, correct me if im wrong. I think we were talking about how you took the alloy out between the spokes on the rear hub. Will come and see you again this MGP if i get an entry.
Col

Offline dave martin

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 12:50:39 pm »
I will be along to watch Colin at the Manx, leaving the Honda at home tho, as Colin has been known to lend parts of my engine to other riders who are having problems....................last time it was a con rod!!!!           

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »
Dave,
A con rod.... good work  ;)

Regards,
A
Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 10:46:30 pm »
Hey Guys, over the last year, this forum has been all about helping members out.
Just look at Brians thread, The next one could be you, we're all about helping one another out.
Lend a hand people, IOM, Philip Island, It don't matter where, just be there for someone.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline Darvill Racing

• Enthusiast
    • Darvill Racing
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 11:32:01 pm »
Well said Sam...!
Best Regards,

Alex
Darvill Racing

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:30 am »
Hoping to be parading the CR750 at the Manx this year, definitely there for race week whatever though....will probably see you in the Paddock Mr Whitwell - normally pop along to say hello to my mate Ken and you're not usually far away :-)
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline bigalk4

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 10:04:18 am »
Hi col think you may have been talking to my mate geoff just ran out of time to get his bike qualified , finished building mine wed of practice week , first ever ride on it down brey hill !! completed 2laps , handling was interesting and had plenty of ground clearance probs .Race day pulled in on second lap of race at milnetown cottage when throttle stuck open ! just when i was starting to enjoy myself , hoping for better luck this year , Simon pop by to have a chat would like to have a look at your bike too , regards Alec

Offline Farcombehall

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 04:53:02 am »
I am looking forward to watching Stockers race at the Manx. Have a beer or 3 with Dave, Dave and Frank.

Chris.
xx

Offline HondaFreak

• Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 01:11:37 am »
Alex, Spoke a few times in the past but never met! Looking forward to meeting you at Pre TT or Manx Grand Prix
We will be at both this year with our new Honda 500/4 and new 350/4. We also will be having a few beers from time to time and have never been frightened to put my hand in my pocket to buy anyone a pint! (All Welcome) Looking
forward to an interesting season. See you all over there!
  John Davies

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 02:44:14 am »
That's a laugh, you're even to tight to register on this forum in your own name. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;) ;D ::)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92