Author Topic: Need riding partner in mid June from Foxborough, MA to Niagara Falls  (Read 2803 times)

Offline dmizer

I am a long time member of the SOHC4 community, but I have not been active for ages due to a move to Japan and no motorcycle. Two years ago, I finally got my Japanese motorcycle license and I've been riding non stop since.

In mid June, I'll be heading back stateside for the first time in about 8 years. I've rented a motorcycle in Foxborough, MA from June 17th to June 21st and have some free time for some touring before I have to attend a family reunion in Plymouth, MA.

My problem is that I've been driving in Japan on the left side of the road for long enough that I'd feel much more comfortable with a travel partner to help keep me on the right side of the road.

Any members of the forum in the area willing to ride with me? If you're willing to share a hotel room, I'll pay for accommodations of the Holiday Inn sort, but food and gas will be your responsibility (my budget is not unlimited, sorry). Please post here, or message me if you're interested and would like more details.
Registered CB500 owner number 170

Offline brooze72

• Talk to my friends here at SOHC4 if you need an
  • Expert
Guess I'm on the wrong side of the border for that trip.  Hope you find someone, enjoy the cruise, it's usually more fun with a riding partner.  I think you will find it fairly easy to adapt on the road, like the old "riding a bike" saying, it really doesn't take long to readjust.  I was a pro at reverse (to me) roundabouts in Barbados after 2 days & it was my first experience on that side! (but they knew I was a tourist when I turned the wipers on when I tried to signal a turn  ;D)
2011, 2012 & 2013 Godzilla Relay Rally Rider
"Hold on loosely...don't let go
 If you cling too tightly...you're gonna lose control"
1972 CB500K1 - restored rider
1981 CB650C - new project

Offline dmizer

Yeah, I think if I was going by car I'd be a little less worried about it. Plus, as you mentioned ... having a riding partner makes the trip more fun.

Funny about the wipers: When I tried to take my test for a car license here in Japan, I kept failing because I kept turning on the wipers instead of the turn signals. I got my motorcycle license, no problem, but I still have no car license!

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Need riding partner in mid June from Foxborough, MA to Niagara Falls
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:12:31 pm »
Sorry to have missed this thread. Having lived in Japan and riding a motorcycle there I know how great it is for riding! I am very close to Foxborough and if you are still doing this trip could join you on a weekend for some riding. Would be interested to know what you do for work in Japan.

Andy

Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline dmizer

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 05:45:16 pm »
Unfortunately, I had to cancel this trip because I got extremely sick the day before I was scheduled to leave.

Love riding here in Japan. I live in Kyushu and it's riding season nearly year round. Currently I'm teaching English, but I'm always looking for other opportunities.

If you (or actually anyone from the forum) ever get out this way, drop me a note. Let's ride!

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
  • www.facebook.com/RetroMecanicaAustralia
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 07:51:05 pm »
Lol I feel your pain.

Sorry you got sick.

Every time I go from Oz to the USA I have to rewire my brain.

Wiper vs turn signal? They come both ways in Oz.

I have two cars with turn on the left....two with turn on the right......

I'm always driving around with the wipers on.
Stranger in a strange land