Author Topic: PZ is on his way to CA-anyone want to ride?  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
PZ is on his way to CA-anyone want to ride?
« on: November 05, 2014, 10:28:20 am »
Hello all:
Prokop will be mailing PZ to CA before Thanksgiving. I am planning a ride to Santa Rosa on 11/28 (from Santa Barbara north).  Then on 11/29 a twirl around Skaggs Road to the 1 then back around to Santa Rosa (haven't really planned anything beyond Skaggs Road so the 29th is wide open).
Will then return to the Central Coast on 11/30.  If anyone wants to join me on any of those dates and come up with a longer ride for 11/29 let me know.
I don't know where PZ will end up from December on-- but I am open to riding around So. Cal and Central Coast if others want until we have to send him on his way.  I am in Santa Barbara so there are a lot of great roads around here and of course South of here.
Also, if anyone in CA is planning a SOHC trip and wants him I can pass him off (he is getting tired of being boxed up)... ;)
1976 CB550F
Standard disclaimer: Remember I am just a girl--so be nice fellows!

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Re: PZ is on his way to CA-anyone want to ride?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:39:06 pm »
Lisa, where is Skaggs Road? I've spent time in the area west of Santa Rosa, and don't recall it. Hwy 116 follows the Russian River to the coast at Jenner, and would be a nice ride. Somewhere in the area there is a Buddhist temple, that the locals I worked with dubbed the Golden Spark-plug. I was allowed access once, under the ruse that I was a trainee to service the pay-phone..
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:49:02 pm »
Skaggs Spring Road it is also called Stewarts Point /Geyserville.  Just west of the 101 leads straight out to the 1.  It is roughly 40 miles and near Lake Sonoma.  Fast Jimmy and his wife road it when they visited from Canada.  We road around Napa and then they headed there.  Couldn't join them then but figured PZ would like a look.
1976 CB550F

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:03:58 pm »
I found it on Google. I see it meets the 1 just south of Sea Ranch; probably drove right past it a dozen times? The 1 from that point south has some very nice stretches, but it can be cool and damp at times.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:07:15 am »
Its always cool and damp on the 1...and of course windy! :o
Luckily I wised up and bought a heated jacket liner.  Works great (even if I don't turn on the heat) and the bike seems no worse for wear given the drain on the system.  Of course I forgot the liner when I rode through Canada.  Make that mistake once and you won't make it twice.
1976 CB550F

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:18:08 am »
I wish I could ship with GZ for some left bank riding  ;)