Author Topic: Super Eliminator Rules  (Read 19538 times)

Offline TurboD

• Hot Shot
Re: Super Eliminator Rules
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 06:24:24 am »
Haha "Shine" is a pretty successful street and track racer...

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2015, 06:26:53 am »
Shine, aka, Keith Dennis. One of the old and current time greatest hired gun riders around. Put him on anything and he could win, all things being equal and many times at a deficit. Now primarily doing grudge racing duty.

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 08:05:19 am »
I personally think allowing records to be set in old restrictive classes like Stock and Super Stock without the backing of adequate inspection and teardown and verifications does a disservice to those record holders of the past who worked under the constant scrutiny of the organizations enforcing the rules. But again, as long as the "asterisk" of ManCup designates this new era of "class" racing, any new records set can be viewed in proper context.

+1.
I would be pissed if a record was stolen from me, not that I have any, under these circumstances.

Only rule you really need is the PROTEST RULE at the end of the day a rider can put up money [ $150-75   to force the winner to tear down or give up the win.  We MSP did that at a PRO-STAR race and the owner of those bikes 1000cc class said he didn't have any gaskets for his two KZ bikes to put back together, Scooter came to the Big MSP  trailer and begged JOE- MSP to drop the protest so the sponsor would stay with the class ........ one racer on one those KZ bikes was the son of the big sponsor now a days.
Quit bull#$%*ting around it always will be WHO YOU NO = they were cheating the rules and so were WE, cam, shaved counter balancer, heavy 4-1 front pipe, WARD head, and the most important " SHINE ".

Pops, I couldn't agree more. Any "records" set today (or back then for that matter) under the "no-rules applied conditions" are essentially meaningless IMO.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 08:07:16 am »
Ok, I've eventually got the link that Keith L B emailed to me, I'm guessing you don't need it now.

Sam. :)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline voodooracer

• Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 08:21:30 am »
Perhaps you would consider making them a "stickie" on the site, in some appropriate place, for posterity's sake, to keep them from getting lost to sands of time? Ehh, Sam-I-Am?

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 11:54:32 am »
Ok Keith, I guess I spoke to soon, I did say I got the link in the email but I'm buggered if I can do anything with it mate.
It won't even open for me. If my son or anyone comes round in the next few days, I'll get them to look at it, might just be me.

Sam. :(
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 01:05:12 pm »
Sammy,

I posted it in this thread as both a link and an attachment. One of them should work for you.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,154044.msg1761452.html#msg1761452

Keith

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2015, 01:46:46 pm »
OK, I've just made this thread sticky so it will be at the top of this page.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:23 am »
VODOO where have you been????: If you don't know what a " SHINE " is just call PAUL GAST and ask him how many times THE LITTLE MAN took his PRO-STOCK bike down. For the past 25 years or better LITTLE MAN has won more races just ask [ KEN- HONDA FACTORY, RICKIE KZ FACTORY, Little Richard, Johnny TURBO or hundreds of other racers who " SHINE " from Memphis is at a motor cycle drag race = street or strip.
And put him in a 10.5 tire car with two stages of NOS he will take them down.  I forgot [ not really ] we cheated with a JT a skinny boy from my hood. Hell both of JT brothers are killers on the 1320' and their POPS Crow can ride anything.

Offline voodooracer

• Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 02:02:18 pm »
Got it, Pops, thanks.

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2016, 03:56:59 am »
2016 V-TWIN and SEL will have a HONDA in both classes, needs a year to get dial in for the 1320' = late April or early May for Central Ohio tracks to open, then the numbers not the TALK.

Offline Baxter

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 08:48:36 am »
Good morning Gentlemen, I've been reading this thread and wanted to clarify a few things.  The S/E facebook page is predominantly two stroke because most of the stuff people send me to post is two stroke related and I'm guilty of putting my bike on there too much, the page is for all bikes regardless of engine configuration. 

The non-tear down rule comes from ManCup, they do not have a tech director to tear anyone down and if they did no one with a four stroke motor would run the class.  Frank, would you run the class if we made you tear down after setting a record?  I don't think so.

That is why the class designations completely changed, there wasn't a CB class in the IDBA, a CB750 would run in the "D" class, which was all four stroke bikes with around 750cc displacement.  We didn't feel like that would work in ManCup because you would be running heads up  with ZX7s and GSXR 750s.  So CB 750s run in their own class, regardless of displacement.

In a nutshell, what we hoped to see was a group of racers that had unique machines that would set their own records and rivalries would develop based on resetting that record and I think we have the beginnings of that strategy.

Please do not hesitate to email, text call, whatever you like and I will do my best to answer your questions.   

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 07:29:29 pm »
Thanks for clarifying the class Bill. I'm glad the forum now has a direct connection to the coordinator of the class so I no longer have to butcher the rule book with my amateur interpretations.

And no sir, I would not be too happy with having to do a trackside  tear down after each record I've set. No arguments on that rule change from me.

Offline Bill/BentON Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ex Honda Service Manager, Cert. Honda Tech - Racer
    • BentON Racing
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 07:30:35 pm »
Bill, thanks, yes, I know Frank and out little rivalry has grown. And we both love it. Keep up the good work.  Is their a link for your site, points etc,? Bill
Look for this one day!
BentON Racing Website
OEM Parts | Service | Custom Builds
BentON Racing Facebook
Over 35 years of experience working on vintage motorcycles, with a speciality in Honda SOHC/4 with a focus on the CB750 and other models as well from 1966 - 1985.
1993 HRC RS125 | 1984 NS400R | 1974 Honda CB750/836cc (Calendar Girl) | 1972 CB 500/550 Yoshi Kitted 590cc | 1965 Honda CB450 Black Bomber | 1972 Suzuki T350 | 1973 88cc | Z50/Falcons Pit Bike | 1967 CA100| 1974 CB350 (400F motor)...and more.

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 07:35:57 pm »
Tell us what we're looking at here Fire Marshall Bill.

Offline TurboD

• Hot Shot
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2017, 07:40:37 am »
Where can the classes, rules and records pertaining to the CB750 classes be found?

Offline TurboD

• Hot Shot
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 08:04:57 am »
Anyone??  ;D

Offline gschuld

• Master
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2017, 07:07:24 pm »
This may be helpful

George

Offline Water Cooled

• Super Eliminator Dragbike Series
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 12:18:01 pm »
To all the Honda CB750 drag racers....

I've worked closely with Bill Baxter and Butch Million for the past few years as Super Eliminator was beginning to compete as part of the ManCup Series.  I also participate with the guys up in MI that were more exclusive to the 2-stroke triples.  Effective 2018, we will be opening the MI S/E events up to include 2 and 4-stroke...mostly period bikes and unify both groups. The only difference will be that the MI S/E will allow racers to Dial-In their own ET and bikes will launch off of a Sportsman tree. ManCup events will continue to run off National Records and launch from a Pro-Tree.

Im a big fan of the Honda CB750s and old school Triumphs.  Id like to see more and more of these bikes competing in S/E in the future and hope to work closely with you guys to make S/E a great experience for all racers that keep these bikes running And setting records.

Recently, I created a Super Eliminator Series website that contains everything racers need to compete this year including SCHEDULE, RULES, RACE FORMATs, RACERS LIST and POINTS, SEARCHABLE RECORDS DATA BASE and a BLOG where we can archive articles, pictures and videos. 

Let me know if you have any questions...in the meanwhile, check out the new website: 

http://supereliminator.org

Regards,
Kevin Hutchinson
1974 Suzuki GT750

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:46:30 pm by Water Cooled »

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2018, 04:33:23 pm »
So my 1982 CM450A will run in the S = stock   C = 1982 YEAR class  or S/C CLASS.

POPS BK1982

Offline Water Cooled

• Super Eliminator Dragbike Series
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2018, 03:27:54 pm »
The year designation is first...and the first year for that motor was 1982.

So the classification would be C/S.   It’s an open Index class since the last record set was in 1988.  The index would be 11.74

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018, 02:16:04 pm »
Kevin,

Glad you stepped up when Bill and Butch went other directions. I wish you guys weren't so far away up in Michigan but I do intend to make the Man Cup finals with you guys as usual. I won't make Ohio due to a family event. I'm getting the impression the Ohio event will see the biggest Honda 750 turnout ever, Not certain how many will be entering S/E though but I feel Bill Benton will.

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018, 06:22:00 am »
Show me a 450cc Hondamatic that runs 11. anything and I will be on my way to your location with a truck, trailer, and a pocket full of cash = SOLD. At the last NHDRO event at Dragway 42 in Ohio I watched a young man a  two cyl. Suzuki run 14's and was chopping off heads, his end was a Dustin Lee [DME ] and you-all better hope he does not run in SEL [ WATCHED him run in many classes and win many rounds ] best SAND BAGGER in the land and HE was looking at them in the other lane from the 1/8 mile to the chop at 1320'. Dustin and Shine 2 out of 3 wins would be a event special.

POPS BK911   BK1982

Offline TurboD

• Hot Shot
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 06:30:45 am »
Kevin I see mention of a CB class for the Honda's, do they run separate and each other? The "S" stock street class lists  "No visible modifications to motor or chassis". Can you define this? Are modifications allowed if not visible?

Offline TurboD

• Hot Shot
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2018, 07:35:01 pm »
Anyone?