Author Topic: Dash has a new friend...  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
Dash has a new friend...
« on: June 08, 2018, 12:36:43 pm »
And a new cam shaft, rockers, rocker shafts, gaskets, etc all because of those darned pucks.
Going to take him for a ride this weekend and see how he fairs. Thus far no leaking from what I fixed but of course the head gasket seems to be leaking still (at this point I’m just putting in paper towels and see how it goes)
Here is Dash’s new lady love. A 2018 Suzuki SV650

I have named her Raquel. And here we are on our first journey (1,600 miles) to Fortuna, CA where I rode with Fun Jimmy and his SPLASH friends. We then rode the 36
First is Fun Jimmy riding his Triumph Tiger

Cross your fingers for Dash and his never ending head gasket leak. Hopefully paper towels can stay it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:42:42 pm by Mooshie »
1976 CB550F
Standard disclaimer: Remember I am just a girl--so be nice fellows!

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
Re: Dash has a new friend...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 12:42:12 pm »
I've heard nothing but good things about the SV, good luck with it and enjoy...Larry

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 03:00:02 am »
Nice!

Thanks for posting  :)

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 02:25:54 am »
Nice addition to the garage Lisa!  Is the Duc gone? Is it going to see any trail or gravel or was the call of reaching something not on pavement calling to you?  I would not mind one of those in another color in my collection.
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 09:09:54 am »
Hi David
I sold the Ducati.  She had almost 20,000 miles and I could see maintenance was going to kill me. Plus on long rides who in the world can fix a Ducati in Kansas?  So there was some practicality there.  Not interested in riding trail or gravel (though we did that on the 36 as there was the worst construction ever-it was like a gravel pit from hell for parts of it). 
Also, Dash's leak is pretty bad (not where i fixed it which I am proud of) but the head gasket leak is a mess.  I think I'm sending Dash off to Hondaman for a proper look and repair.  I refuse to break into that engine again. I nearly had a heart attack figuring out where all the screws, bolts, and whatnots went.
1976 CB550F

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 02:39:36 pm »
Congrats on the new bike, she looks good!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 02:46:04 pm »
Just talked with Mark over the weekend and he has had an influx of 7( yes seven) motors arrive in the last month. You might want to consider dropping a cruisingimage overbore kit into dash to give him a nicer torque band to enjoy when riding the curvy roads if it has to be opened up.  You could buy a new cylinder to have overboard. There is a fellow on eBay who will overbore for 160 & freight...which is a pretty good deal unless Mark's machinist can beat it.
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 08:07:36 pm »
David I'm not dropping anything into Dash unless its oil.  ha ha  I am in no hurry to have Mark work on Dash so I can wait until he is not so busy.  Winter may be a good time.  Thanks for the info.  I will contact Mark in a month or two and just have Dash wait in line!
1976 CB550F