Author Topic: Motogadget Chronoclassic Tach Needle Doesn’t Return to Zero  (Read 1046 times)

Offline DaveBarbier

• Really Old Timer ...
I’ve had this issue forever, not sure it’s actually an issue or if it’s just how it works.

I’m using a Motogadget Chronoclassic tach and an mLock.

If my bike is idling at like 1500rpm and I shut it off the bike shuts off as it should but the tach needle stays where it was while idling. If I then turn the bike back on it resets the needle back to zero. So what I end up doing is turning the bike off then back on to reset the needle and then back off again. Is this how it’s supposed to work?

Also, is the Chronoclassic tach supposed to do a full sweep to max rpm and back to zero when you turn it on? Mine does not and never has.

Offline DaveBarbier

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Motogadget Chronoclassic Tach Needle Doesn’t Return to Zero
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:10:37 am »
Ok, I think my gauge is acting normally. I was looking at youtube videos of people starting up their bikes with this same gauge and all the videos have the needle staying put at the idle position when shutting off. Strange that it would do this.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Motogadget Chronoclassic Tach Needle Doesn’t Return to Zero
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 01:30:56 pm »
Normal behavior.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis