Author Topic: Looking for someone to transport a bike..  (Read 432 times)

Offline Kevin

• Hot Shot
Looking for someone to transport a bike..
« on: August 05, 2024, 03:24:08 pm »
It's a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a shot.
I am considering buying a CB400F that is in lĺIllinois and need it transported to Southern Virginia.
I've used Haul Bikes several times and would do it again, but they will not transport all the spare parts that are included, too.
So....anyone out there traveling close to those locations that would be able to transport a bike and some spare parts? Obviously, I'd make it worth your while.
It's just dhy of 900 miles.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

A couple of 400F's and a
'98 Suzuki Intruder VS1400 ~ for long rides

Offline carnivorous chicken

• Master
Re: Looking for someone to transport a bike..
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 07:20:31 pm »
Have you tried uShip? I've used them a bunch, never had any serious issues but you've got to be patient, and having a bigger window for pick up and delivery helps.

Offline Kevin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2024, 05:02:03 am »
Have you tried uShip? I've used them a bunch, never had any serious issues but you've got to be patient, and having a bigger window for pick up and delivery helps.
I have not tried them before.
I'll look into it.
Haul Bikes has been okay, but they have yet to keep to a schedule. I've had bikes arrive 6 weeks past the scheduled delivery date.
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

A couple of 400F's and a

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 06:31:34 am »
I've had stuff come a few days late. I talked to one guy who promised to deliver the next day, then the next day didn't show up, didn't answer his phone or texts -- for the full day. Then showed up the next day as though nothing had happened. But the bike got there safe and sound in the end. You can put in a broad time frame for delivery and if you're not in a rush wait for the bids to come in -- the first couple will be ridiculous, likely to see if you're desperate.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 07:13:34 am »
+1 for uship, they are based here out of Austin.

It's kind of a reverse auction - the shippers bid on your haul and they prices typically go down.  Uship is a broker, so you pay them a fee and then the balance goes to the shipper. They will transport whatever you have, would be best to have the seller put the spare parts in containers.

https://www.uship.com/

BTW - you are under no obligation, at the end of the "auction", if you dont get a good price or find someone else to transport, no prob [as long as you dont accept a bid]

'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Kevin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 08:48:22 am »
+1 for uship, they are based here out of Austin.

It's kind of a reverse auction - the shippers bid on your haul and they prices typically go down.  Uship is a broker, so you pay them a fee and then the balance goes to the shipper. They will transport whatever you have, would be best to have the seller put the spare parts in containers.

https://www.uship.com/

BTW - you are under no obligation, at the end of the "auction", if you dont get a good price or find someone else to transport, no prob [as long as you dont accept a bid]

Thanks for the info!
A couple of 400F's and a

Offline Kevin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 08:49:26 am »
I've had stuff come a few days late. I talked to one guy who promised to deliver the next day, then the next day didn't show up, didn't answer his phone or texts -- for the full day. Then showed up the next day as though nothing had happened. But the bike got there safe and sound in the end. You can put in a broad time frame for delivery and if you're not in a rush wait for the bids to come in -- the first couple will be ridiculous, likely to see if you're desperate.
Im sure some of these guys are sketch...Im glad you got your bike!
A couple of 400F's and a

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024, 08:58:09 am »
 Check references, Momo used uship and got a dud. He lost the bike's windshield and made it halfway before he ran out of gas money. I recovered the bike 35 miles from my house when I took it from the shipper's garage (assuming permission) and kept it until a legit shipper came here to get it. 
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Kevin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024, 09:13:01 am »
Check references, Momo used uship and got a dud. He lost the bike's windshield and made it halfway before he ran out of gas money. I recovered the bike 35 miles from my house when I took it from the shipper's garage (assuming permission) and kept it until a legit shipper came here to get it.
Wow!
A couple of 400F's and a

• Master
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2024, 09:15:32 am »

Good point. There is a feedback option for Uship so you can check out the person who is bidding before you accept a bid.

Offline HondaMan

• Someone took this pic of me before I became a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ...not my choice, I was nicknamed...
    • Getting 'em Back on the Road
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2024, 09:36:57 am »
Argh, where's Scotty when you need him?
See SOHC4shop@gmail.com for info about the gadgets I make for these bikes.

The demons are repulsed when a man does good. Use that.
Blood is thicker than water, but motor oil is thicker yet...so, don't mess with my SOHC4, or I might have to hurt you.
Hondaman's creed: "Bikers are family. Treat them accordingly."

Link to Hondaman Ignition: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=67543.0

Link to My CB750 Book: https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=00&page=1&pageSize=10&q=my+cb750+book

Link to website: www.SOHC4shop.com

Offline jakec

• Master
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2024, 10:47:08 am »
I know a of a smaller operation who shipped my biked from Wisconsin to Seattle WA for cheaper than the big companies and he also brought 2 large boxes of parts along too. I think it's only the big companies that won't let you have anything loose besides the bike itself. His name is John, CCC transport. He is a forum member pretty sure although I don't know his username. I bought the bike from Tews19 on here and he connected me with the shipper.
1970 CB750 K0
1970 CL350 K2
1975 CB400 F0
1977 CB750 Chop

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2024, 07:13:10 am »
I know a of a smaller operation who shipped my biked from Wisconsin to Seattle WA for cheaper than the big companies and he also brought 2 large boxes of parts along too. I think it's only the big companies that won't let you have anything loose besides the bike itself. His name is John, CCC transport. He is a forum member pretty sure although I don't know his username. I bought the bike from Tews19 on here and he connected me with the shipper.

This him?

http://www.corlancartage.com/
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Johnie

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2024, 07:56:50 am »
I used Wolverine Cycle Logistics a few times with good results and delivery. WolverineCycle.com or 817-680-8226 or matt@WolverineCycle.com
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 07:58:46 am by Johnie »
1970 CB750K0 - Candy Ruby Red
1973 CB750K3 - Candy Bacchus Olive or Sunflake Orange
1970 Chevy Chevelle SS396 - Cortez Silver
1976 GL1000 Sulphur Yellow

Oshkosh, WI  USA

Offline jakec

• Master
1970 CB750 K0
1970 CL350 K2
1975 CB400 F0
1977 CB750 Chop

Offline Kevin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2024, 10:41:58 am »
Thanks Jake and Johnie!
I'll look into those recomendations too!
I need another motorcycle like I need another kid....!
A couple of 400F's and a