Author Topic: Coils  (Read 95 times)

Offline Ramrod_Racing

Coils
« on: September 11, 2024, 09:12:48 am »
Is anyone aware of coils in the same or similar ohm range to the Dynatek 2.2's available from anywhere else? Had some electrical issues at the race this past weekend and a coil starting to go bad is a possible explanation of. Have been running the Dynatek 2.2's for 3 years without trouble, but have heard enough chatter about their reliability that I'm curious enough to have been exploring other options before just buying direct replacements; haven't come up with anything.

Checked with the search function and didn't come up with anything previous on this topic. Thank you.

Online scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Re: Coils
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 12:24:04 pm »
Are you using a Dyna s ignition? They recommend at least 3 ohm coils.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Ramrod_Racing

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2024, 12:28:54 pm »
Are you using a Dyna s ignition? They recommend at least 3 ohm coils.

Dyna 2000: 2.2-3.0 are acceptable with 2.2 recommended for higher performance

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2024, 04:01:36 pm »
Kevin....I've  been using the 2.2's with the 2000 ignition in my FJ1200 for about 20 years with no problems. I don't know if anybody else is making modern coils for bikes.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline Ramrod_Racing

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2024, 04:56:01 pm »
Kevin....I've  been using the 2.2's with the 2000 ignition in my FJ1200 for about 20 years with no problems. I don't know if anybody else is making modern coils for bikes.

Noted. Hopefully a new set makes for an easy fix, but it never hurts to have spares if not.

Thanks Mike