Author Topic: Did the Honda Engineer Really Get Hung-up and Shot?  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Hope

• How did I become an
  • Expert
  • SOHC member since '01
Re: Did the Honda Engineer Really Get Hung-up and Shot?
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 02:32:49 pm »
You should try to put plugs in a 03 Nissan Frontier.

I'll carry the scars to my grave.

Hint hint...

they make a special tool that comes with your tire tool kit that actually will help put the plugs in your frontier.  I changed the plugs in my 99 frontier - all but #6 - then found the tool they referenced in the owner's manual.  This will make your job much easier.

I also use the tool Honda provided to help put the plugs in my 550.

Owners manual?? [slaps forehead] Never dawned on me to look.

#6 was a little bi***. Used two swivels, a mirror and a magnet (to find lost wrenches).

Yep, my first try, I left the #6 right where it sat & just put up with a miss. I had those extensions & magnet & mirror just for #5, so I gave up on #6.  Even though I had the manual, I didn't know where this specialty tool was that they (the manual) referenced.  (They never said to look in your tool kit.)  duh

....AND I CERTAINLY WAS NOT GOING TO BUY THE SPECIALTY TOOL FROM NISSAN.  I figure that would run an easy $100 or so...  Anything with a Nissan stamp on it seems to!

So, from here on out, I am using the specialty tool provided in the tool pouch with the jack.  You should too!  ;)

Offline XN

• Hot Shot
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 10:01:13 pm »
You guys whine like little school girls  :D Chit you could dance in that area...

Try being 6' 250 lbs working under the instrument panel in a Lear 23 on a nice 80* day...
Or replacing a aux hydraulic pump in the hell hole of a Citation 500 with skydrol dripping on your face...

78 Honda CB750K
02 Yamaha V-star 650
02 Honda VTX 1800

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 04:54:00 am »
You guys whine like little school girls  :D Chit you could dance in that area...

Try being 6' 250 lbs working under the instrument panel in a Lear 23 on a nice 80* day...
Or replacing a aux hydraulic pump in the hell hole of a Citation 500 with skydrol dripping on your face...

.....or replacing a cam chain in a TX750. :D ;)
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

martino1972

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 06:14:21 am »
to try and be 6' i will have to bend down......i'm 6'7".... ;)

eldar

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 06:17:37 am »
To try and whine like you guys do, I will hang out with a group of high school girls all day! ;D