Author Topic: tank repair  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Old75_ratafe

• CB750 Cave Spelunking
  • Expert
  • 1975 CB750K
Re: tank repair
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 12:17:10 am »
That por15 Kit would be awesome. Don't know how i would get it over here. I'm going to Los Vegas for 2 weeks, I leave  in 9 days and counting. I don't think i could bring this back on the plane. Or would I?

Me personally I wouldn't chance it, might end up on a terrorist watch list those or at least detained awhile.  Those are some pretty heavy chemicals and things just aren't the same since 911. I would at least check with the airline beforehand.
1975 CB750K
Project Back in Black

Sent from my Texas Instruments TI99/4A Computer

jus750

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 03:57:29 am »
Sorry for the late reply kinda got stuck having a few friday arvo,s. Anyway i arrive in San Fran on the 25th of april and am staying at the hotel adajio 550 geary street. just doing the alcatraz thing and probably hitting a couple of bars. staying for 2 days and then headed for LA. Hey if you wanna catch up let me know,we will have a car.
  Sprayed a bit of wd40 into the tank last night so that should stop the rusting. How thick is the metal in the tank(people that i have asked about welding have asked this). I have read a couple of other forums on welding but am unsure of what method was used. I presume once the tank is repaired and the treatment is applied the tank should be ok. What treatment should i use? por15, kreem. I dont want to risk bringing chemicals back from the states so would need something in Australia

Offline grwmotocycles

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 02:46:30 pm »
Had a 71 triumph with a tank leak at inner mount and also at oil in frame tube at rear of frame down tube.  Clean it up good and then silver solider it with a butane torch Excellent repair and you can sand it like bondo.    Geno

jus750

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 03:28:44 pm »
Now silver solder is something I can do. This morning one way or the other Im fixing this tank