Author Topic: Have a set of 38mm GS1100 Mikuni BS CV Carbs laying around.... spacing is right.  (Read 6985 times)

TCSOHCB750CAFE

Wondering if there is any experience running these carbs on a CB750 sohc? I don't have any figures, but obviously they would allow a lot more air past that slightly larger venturi ;)

Just wanted to see if anyone had any issues, success, anger, happiness, etc. with this setup before I go sticking it on there.

Thanks.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Interesting. Is your bike modified? probably too much carb for a stocker. Stick them on anyway i would like to know how well  they work..

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

TCSOHCB750CAFE

Will be doing a cam, pistons (KZ650's since I've got a lot of them around... I'm a KZ nut.) The KZ650 pistons increase displacement and raise compression. Did the math and interchange lists and it looks like they should work out great. Also will be building an external jet system like cycleXchange sells for $220.00. (I don't pay for something I can build with the mill at work. :D), maybe springs, valves, etc. I dunno how crazy I intend to go with this. I love the CB, don't get me wrong, but no amount of work will financially be justified trying to make it a real monster when I've got other bikes that are a significantly better starting point for a real monster.

I've basically just got this project headed up cause it's a place to put a lot of the spare parts that I've collected over the years. haha

That's where it left off.

Just figured out what bearings I need and did some machine work on the stem today to run a GSXR 750 fork on it with the GSXR stem.

Next step is retrofitting the GSXR rear end, then worrying about the mill.

If anyone else has experience on this setup wether modified or stock, let me know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:45:07 pm by TCSOHCB750CAFE »

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Well i have a GSXR 1100K front end on mine and a cut down GSXR1100 swingarm with twin shock mounts. Also a 1000cc 10.5 to1 piston kit, billet aluminum block with nikasil bores, RC crank and rods {carrillos coming} ported head with oversized valves with all the goodies, back cut gearbox , heavy duty timing chains, megacycle cam, barnett clutch, anyway thats why i am interested in the carbs.... ;D
Screw the money, you only live once..... ;)

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline sander

I have tried to fit a set of mikuni bs33 carbs and they won't fit the stock boots. They will hit the toptubes of the frame. It might work if you made new boots.
After i finish my bike and have it running, i'll give it another try.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
I think you will be over carbed. 34mm is about maximum and that's with some serious porting and trick valves. Think about the size of the hole at the other end of the inlet tract.

Sam. :)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Years ago, a friend fitted some huge carbs onto his 750 (modified) and said that down low, it was a real pig.
Lots of spare cash will get a set of these Mikuni TMR 32's.
$2295:00 USD.
Bloody nice and bloody expensive.
As Sam said, 34mm would take it to the edge.
Mick

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
Years ago, a friend fitted some huge carbs onto his 750 (modified) and said that down low, it was a real pig.
Mick

They are nice Mick.....I've got a set in my shop.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Those carbs shown, do you have to srew around with float level or mod them?

I dont have a calculator handy.. but plug in 14mm X pi, then square that total..then do it with 19mm.. then you will see the diff in throat area.. it will be large.
 With Webers the diff between 30 mm and 32mm throats, is quite noticeable in the amount bottom end will suffer.

Having a bike that is only fun to ride when revved up high, is not that great on the street.. real ticket bait..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Mick

Would it be possible to run a modified air box with those? Do they {TMR's} have an accelerator pump?
That would help with low end power wouldn't it?

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Mick

Would it be possible to run a modified air box with those? Do they {TMR's} have an accelerator pump?
That would help with low end power wouldn't it?

Mick
Mick
Here is some more info about the TMR's.
http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Mikuni_TMR_Carburetor_C1817.cfm

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Didn't see much info in that link mate but i did a search and found out most of what i needed to know. So, does the accel pump fix the low end grunt {or lack thereof} problem..?

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Didn't see much info in that link mate but i did a search and found out most of what i needed to know. So, does the accel pump fix the low end grunt {or lack thereof} problem..?

Mick
Mate, Being quality Mikuni and specific for the application, you would expect these carbs to raise the bar and either minimise or elimiminate any low end issues as well as greatly assisting in peformance gains.
Mick

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
I wonder if Murphy will have this low end grunt problem when he sticks his TMRs on his trillion $ CB ;D ;D ;D

think not ::)

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike