Author Topic: List of each leg  (Read 7959 times)

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
Re: List of each leg
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 04:12:43 am »
CALLING ALL COORDINATORS!

Hello, I'm Father Time.  And it's TIME to send me YOUR schedule as best you know it!  I'm pulling together the master calendar for blog publication!

Please look to Scottly's post above as an example.  Send me a list of where Godzilla will be spending each night while in your region.  List also any special events you plan to attend (vendor visits, race track events, AWESOME rib joint).  Please include dates if you have them or, if you don't have dates, the day number. 

It's understood that all plans are tentative, but we gota get something out there!

Thanks,

'Ol Man Time
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Nikkisixx

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 05:12:37 am »
Try this

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83709.0
Is there something about this that I'm not seeing???  I'm looking at the tentative dates and the handoff's and there seems to be a LOOOOOOOOOng time in some of these areas.
For instance, leg 1--- starts on 3/12 and handoff is on 3/27.....15 days?
Leg 2--- starts on 3/27 and handoff is on 4/18.....something like 3 weeks?
Leg 3 looks right, and the rest is undetermined.  Is there an "official" time table established where the regional manages can build, concur and nail down the dates and times?  Just wondering.
Steve F

It is in North Carolina a little extra time for sure.  Sam750A is over from the UK to do a little drag racing at Rockingham.  Check out his build thread for those details:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=61876.msg671610#msg671610
We felt it was worth a little extra time to make that project part of the relay.  The map of the relay does not show this extension, BTW.

It is a proven fact that modifying a SOHC Honda in any way will bring on the apocalypse.

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 07:24:03 am »
Jerry, Popwood, and all................I see the timing problem as a matter of scheduling events and possible places to get to rather than when and where someone is riding on each day.  Could we put up a map with distination goals and dates?  Then the riders could see how to make it happen. Yes, in some states its a matter of doing 400 miles in 2 days to get to the next state. While in others the places and events may take much longer.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 08:19:28 am »
Dennis,

I'm working on a tour-wide schedule right now. And trying to get close-to-final route maps for E. Canada and Mich.  I hope the other coordinators are able to get dates (or at least days) to me soon.  And hopefully updated maps can be generated too!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Coyote13

• Hot Shot
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 08:47:52 am »
You guys rock for getting this put together, makes it MUCH easier for us guys who have day jobs and deadlines to work out our schedule. THANKS!
'78 CB750K.  Throttle ripper.
'71 CB100.  Grocery getter.
'01 XL883.  Panty dropper. Gone but not forgotten.

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »
Dennis,

I'm working on a tour-wide schedule right now. And trying to get close-to-final route maps for E. Canada and Mich.  I hope the other coordinators are able to get dates (or at least days) to me soon.  And hopefully updated maps can be generated too!

Old School--- I PM'd my email adddress as you requested so you could send your spreadsheet schedule. Did you get it? I'm getting panicked about getting my first post together and as up to date as possible schedule is one thing I REALLY NEED.

Thanks
Steve
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 06:03:48 pm »
Hey Pop,

Yep! I got ur email.  I'm working on the spreadsheet right now.  I haven't gotten much response from coordinators yet, so I'm working through the team threads to try to mine out dates and locations.  Slow going.  Hopefully I can get you to Utah tonight.

You might need to go to press with just the first third of the schedule.  I'll get you as much as I can!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:35 pm »

You might need to go to press with just the first third of the schedule.  I'll get you as much as I can!

Hey, for the first blog, you only need to set the stage, as in " A crazy mix of old farts and young dudes have undertaken a relay back and forth across the US and Canada and beyond, with the only common denominator being they will all be riding antique Honda motorcycles."

Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »
Hey Pop,

Yep! I got ur email.  I'm working on the spreadsheet right now.  I haven't gotten much response from coordinators yet, so I'm working through the team threads to try to mine out dates and locations.  Slow going.  Hopefully I can get you to Utah tonight.

Thanks Old School. I know it's hard to put together as I'm been combing through myself. As I said, anything will be helpful and once I see what you have I'll see if I can fill in any blanks for you.
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »

Hey, for the first blog, you only need to set the stage, as in " A crazy mix of old farts and young dudes have undertaken a relay back and forth across the US and Canada and beyond, with the only common denominator being they will all be riding antique Honda motorcycles."

Yeah, Scottly, got that part, and a bunch of other stuff that should be fun and build interest outside the forum group. Editor Backus is getting behind this event and supporting it. Heard today we'll have our own blog on their web site site blog page. I just want to make it good.
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer