Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL CR750 OWNERS !  (Read 3167 times)

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
ATTENTION ALL CR750 OWNERS !
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:58:37 pm »
 I know this should be in the ebay post forum but i thought you guy's should see it first hand !
     CR750 KEIHIN RACING CARBS COLLECTION ..........http://www.ebay.com/itm/CR750-Keihin-Racing-Carbs-AHRMA-Cafe-Dragbike-RSC-HRC-/190596139124?hash=item2c606a4874&item=190596139124&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
Remember; Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid !

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: ATTENTION ALL CR750 OWNERS !
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:08:58 pm »
Gday Jon, they belong to Mark {kos} at M3 racing ....   Nice little collection.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:19:00 pm »
 I kinda had twitch in my brain  :o   that someone here was the owner of that  really  8)   collection !  LOL !
Remember; Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid !

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:42:15 am »
wonder what mark means by "I am moving onto more modern machines".

we havent seen him here in a while, sounds like he is giving up on vintage racing?

TG

Offline fang

• Hot Shot
    • Food Renegade
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:51:14 am »
Zowie.    Come on, KOS!  Don't just give us your carbs... Give us the rest of the story!

Peace and grease,
Steve
Download Nervous Norvus' "The Fang"  HERE.
Tired of eating CRAP!

Offline CR750

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 12:57:37 pm »
Yup, noticed the collection on E-bay and the somewhat 'mystic' motivation to sell as well.
Then cross linked it qucikly with the other post of Mark in the for sale section when Ebay mentioned M3.
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=82842.50

Heads up. I am selling all my Keihin CR750 29/31mm carbs inventory. There are Sandcast parts also. I will not split up and am asking 10K... so don't bid just to see where the top price is ...please. This is most complete inventory any where in the world.

Mark @ M3 Racing Factory.

Look on ebay under CR750

It's is great bunch of parts but the catch is Mark only sells it as a complete stash .... and with a reserve put above 10 grand ... it will end up with Yoshi's or Jay Leno.....
Can't imagine anyone building 1 CR for their hobby.....that can afford to buy that lot, it must be someone with a company looking at splitting it out to be able to resell at a profit.... Curious if and at what it will go, we'll see.

I need only 1 set of these CR tickler carbs for mine, at least .... that's all I can hope to ever afford if a set comes by at a 'normal price'.... Been watching Ebay for 4 frickin years now, closest I've got I was still a whopping 900 dollars away from the winning bid, and already would have had a lot to explain to the misses if I would have won that.

Groupbuy ? anyone ?  I reserve 1 set of unused CR's 8)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:06:35 pm by cr750 »
W r e n c h  ·  R i d e  ·  R e p e a t

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:09:16 pm »
Yup, noticed the collection on E-bay and the somewhat 'mystic' motivation to sell as well.
Then cross linked it qucikly with the other post of Mark in the for sale section when Ebay mentioned M3.
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=82842.50

Heads up. I am selling all my Keihin CR750 29/31mm carbs inventory. There are Sandcast parts also. I will not split up and am asking 10K... so don't bid just to see where the top price is ...please. This is most complete inventory any where in the world.

Mark @ M3 Racing Factory.

Look on ebay under CR750

It's is great bunch of parts but the catch is Mark only sells it as a complete stash .... and with a reserve put above 10 grand ... it will end up with Yoshi's or Jay Leno.....
Can't imagine anyone building 1 CR for their hobby.....that can afford to buy that lot, it must be someone with a company looking at splitting it out to be able to resell at a profit.... Curious if and at what it will go, we'll see.

I need only 1 set of these CR tickler carbs for mine, at least .... that's all I can hope to ever afford if a set comes by at a 'normal price'.... Been watching Ebay for 4 frickin years now, closest I've got I was still a whopping 900 dollars away from the winning bid, and already would have had a lot to explain to the misses if I would have won that.

Groupbuy ? anyone ?  I reserve 1 set of unused CR's 8)

What are you willing to pay for a set of CR31's with ticklers mate, i have a good set here with extra jets..... PM if interested...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline CR750

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 01:22:11 am »
PM-ed
W r e n c h  ·  R i d e  ·  R e p e a t

Offline fastbroshi

• Puppet
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 03:24:30 am »

And that's the crappy part about it.  That'll probably happen, and they'll be split up only to never be run and just sit in a display case somewhere, or God forbid, a wall at some lame restaurant next to Evil Kinevel's jump suit.   They should go to one of the motorcycle museums that would actually use them in restorations.  I can think of one in particular.
Just call me Timmaaaaay!!!

Offline kos

• Hot Shot
    • m3racing.com
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 07:40:00 am »
Hello from M3 Racing Team.

Just to clarify...I am not stopping the sale or the manufacturing of Classic/Vintage Honda parts but have starterted a professional AMA Pro Singles Racing Team and to say that I have been busy...is a grand understatement.

My son is one of the team racers and his friend and father who has been a life long friend of mine is the other half of this new team.

My son who is 20 feels that this is his time to try to make it to the Expert level where he can race on twins and were are stating the build of two of the Honda RS750 flat trackers this winter for 2013. Of course he has to earn via points accumulation the honor of getting an Expert license and black # plate.

This is not that easy as one might think as in AMA Dirt Track racing sometimes up to 60-65 riders try to make the cut to even have a chance to compete, and they only take the top 32 based on two 4 lap qualifying laps and that is after ONLY 4 laps of practice at each event!

We attended 4 AMA GNC events and made our first cut at the last. This type of racing is Professional and requires a very step learning curve for tuner/rider. As this is a "traction limited" sport...the tires are spec and very narrow...vast amounts of horsepower gets most racers in trouble. Liner, power delivery with very good throttle control is the ticket.

Can you say...heavy crank! Just got our first one back from Fallicon. $1100.00 and that did not include Carrillo rod as Honda rods break and you loose the entire engine...we had that happen!

Anyway, I don't need all this CR Keihin die cast and sand cast parts as even when I do CR750 replicas (and I am doing one now) I will not spec those out for the build, as the CR Specials are the best made.

That's where I have been and I am still up here in N Minnesota working my life away on motorbikes.

Seeking sponsors, BTW?

Nice to be missed...

Mark @ M3 Racing Factory

PS search or team out on Facebook under, M3racing
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:43:55 am by kos »
220...221, whatever it takes.

Offline RickB

• Hot Shot
    • Pop Magazine
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 03:18:29 pm »
Thanks for the update Mark, glad to hear you're having fun. I've recently got into restoring vintage cars with my old man and I love it, so I hope you and your son are enjoying it. Best of luck with it all.