Author Topic: Anyone else having issues with Partzilla.com?  (Read 5676 times)

Offline wowbagger

• Not much of an
  • Expert
Anyone else having issues with Partzilla.com?
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:28:45 am »
I have three orders that I placed over a week ago. one has an order status of "No ETA" for a ship date. the other two their system can't find. I am no longer able to log into my account and their "Live Support" has no representatives available. I tried calling their support line and have been on hold for over 45 minutes.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them in the past. I'm surprised that they seems to have taken my money and vanished this time.

Has anyone else had issues or been able to get a hold of their support?

Offline leesfer

• Noob, learning as I go
  • Enthusiast
Re: Anyone else having issues with Partzilla.com?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:05:59 am »
I am having the same exact problem. They charged me and the order says "no ETA" and I cannot contact support through their online chat option
1975 CB750

Offline wowbagger

• Not much of an
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:12:15 am »
I did get a hold of someone after waiting an hour on hold with their phone support. Looks like the orders are still getting processed. I got a tracking number for two of mine and an estimated ship date for the other of 3 days.

I asked about not being able to log into my account and she said she'd transfer me to their tech department. Once transferred I just got an "IT voice mailbox." We'll see if they call me back. It seems like orders are getting handled as usual but they must be having sight issues. So, I can't check the status myself like I normally do.

Hopefully, they sort out their issues soon. I really don't want to have to go find another part distributor again.

Offline Powderman

• Master
    • Creative Candy Powder Coating
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:10 am »
Their wait time on hold is insane. I was on hold for over 1/2 an hour yesterday and when I finally got someone on the phone they switched me to someone else and cut me off. I called back and after about 10 minutes of waiting the automated response came on and said their were ten callers ahead of my, that would have been at least another hour so I hung up. I need to cancel and order because I reordered it not knowing I had already ordered it and it was still awaiting shipping. She said to just refuse the package when it comes and they will refund when they get it back.

Offline terecha

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 12:49:05 pm »
I purchased some parts from partzilla twice. Once I waited 3 months for delivery, but the parts I ordered were rare.
2nd time they shipped the parcell (parts for 88' Goldwing) in 3 days after I placed an order.
PS if you chatting, they don't know your case. Just it's too big shop.

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 01:56:40 pm »
Never heard of them before, apparantley for good reason.
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 02:19:41 pm »

Why, you don't like saving money? They are one of the largest Yamaha/Honda dealers as well as a boat dealer. They also sell and service what they sell and have direct access to the Honda warehouse. They have the lowest shipped prices of anyone in the parts business.

Offline nIkbot

• nIkbot
  • '73 CB500
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 02:31:29 pm »
I've order a few parts through them the past couple weeks, they don't update that shipping list on your account, they just send them out.
I had been waiting for the horn/starter button spring and Headlight adjustment spring and it showed No ETA until it was on my porch today.
'73 CB500 upgrades a'comin

Offline FeralBoy

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »
I've ordered several times from PartZilla over the past few weeks (small orders in the $10 - $50 range) and the parts have arrived pretty quickly (within a week).  They often did not update the website with shipping information -- the parts just arrived.  No problem accessing my account, either.
1971 CB750 K1

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 03:37:02 am »
I'd have to agree with all the above. I've ordered from them a few times, some orders were shipped quickly others seemed to drag. The last order I made with them about 2 months ago had to do with rubber headlight fork ear seals/donuts, 2 weeks go by and no change in it's shipping status so I get impatient and order a used set off ebay, guess what showed up in the mail the day after picked a set off ebay? Oh well an extra pair of fork ear donuts might come in handy some day. What was somewhat amusing was a couple of days after the new donuts had already arrived I got an email from partszilla informing me that my order had just left their warehouse.  :o
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 07:22:41 am »
I've gotten the shipped part email after the part had arrived also.

Offline uksparky

• Hot Shot
  • Track days
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 07:31:15 am »
No problem here odered parts over the last month, but if they are out of stock on some parts the package will not be shipped, they do send an e mail saying that...lowest prices
Present bike 1982 900C Custom

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 07:44:25 am »

Why, you don't like saving money? They are one of the largest Yamaha/Honda dealers as well as a boat dealer. They also sell and service what they sell and have direct access to the Honda warehouse. They have the lowest shipped prices of anyone in the parts business.

Because it is obvious from the remarks I have seen on here that their customer service seems to be severely lacking.
The lowest price is not the end all be all on ordering parts.
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

Offline tortelvis

• Hot Shot
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 08:48:45 am »

Sorry, not true on "lowest price of anyone". I can get OEM Honda parts cheaper and not only that, I check BEFORE taking an order whether the part is available so you will know if it's in stock, back ordered or N/A. To be fair our web price is a couple of bucks higher but I always offer a better price than the web price anyway. Forum members would get the best deal of all, but we are not sponsors so I cannot advertise on here. If it's not forbidden by the mods, PM me for a price check.

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 03:33:03 pm »

Sorry, not true on "lowest price of anyone". I can get OEM Honda parts cheaper and not only that, I check BEFORE taking an order whether the part is available so you will know if it's in stock, back ordered or N/A. To be fair our web price is a couple of bucks higher but I always offer a better price than the web price anyway. Forum members would get the best deal of all, but we are not sponsors so I cannot advertise on here. If it's not forbidden by the mods, PM me for a price check.

Who are you?
Check pricing on these:
41241-KT8-000
45132-166-016
43109-MA3-006
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:36:50 pm by Powderman »

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 03:35:12 pm »

Because it is obvious from the remarks I have seen on here that their customer service seems to be severely lacking.
The lowest price is not the end all be all on ordering parts.

There are just as many positive comments about them as negative if not more. Just because a place may drop below par for a week does not mean you should drop them altogether. I have found none with the pricing or delivery time I have gotten from them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:23:15 pm by Powderman »

Offline wowbagger

• Not much of an
  • Expert
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »
Yeah, besides the lack of ability to log in and check on my order status I still got the parts I needed for very little money in under two weeks. I suppose I can't complain too much about that.

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 04:05:29 pm »

Who are you?
Check pricing on these:
41241-KT8-000
45132-166-016
43109-MA3-006

You... do understand the concept of a PM, correct?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:19:15 pm by DukieFrankenkit »

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »

Who are you?
Check pricing on these:
41241-KT8-000
45132-166-016
43109-MA3-006

[/quote] So, PM me the prices then.

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 08:36:18 am »

Who are you?
Check pricing on these:
41241-KT8-000
45132-166-016
43109-MA3-006

PM sent.

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 09:09:28 am »
I was able to get through on their "Live Chat" link and found my order is shipping today.

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 10:15:50 am »

Who are you?
Check pricing on these:
41241-KT8-000
45132-166-016
43109-MA3-006

PM sent.

PM sent back.

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 05:54:05 pm »
I sent Tortelvis a PM with some parts to price but he hasn't replied.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 08:22:38 pm »
My wife is a Telephobne Service Rep.  for an art supply company. It seems these companies want to load the TSR's up with more work than they can auctually do. She's ready to walk away after 15 years.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:25 am »
I think Partzilla has just made a huge business decision mistake by removing their $1.75 1st.Class Mail shipping charge on orders under $10.00 opting to offer their $6.96 Priority Mail as their cheapest option. That makes them just another part source and not the cheapest. They have lost me as a customer because of it.