Author Topic: Ordered a Pamco,  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Duanob

• Bold Timer
  • Old Timer
  • Gotcha!
Re: Ordered a Pamco, and have gotten zero response...advise please.
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 08:04:22 am »
Finally got an email this morning 5 days after ordering,... product is being redesigned, and wont be available for 2 or 3 weeks.   $%#& !

The least Pamco could do on their website is state that there is a redesign and a delay in shipping orders. I probably would go somewhere else if I knew that. On the other hand you have to pack some patience when buying online from any web based company.
"Just because you flush a boatload of money down the toilet, doesn't make the toilet worth more",  My Stepfather the Unknown Poet

1974 CB360T
1976 CB550K2 Resurrected
1976 CB550F2 Barn Find
1979 CX500 VG "HONDA-GUZZI"
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie
2015 BMW F700GS
Another 1976 CB550K Cafe?

__o
_- \_<,
(*) /' (*)

bollingball

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 08:54:11 am »
I will maybe purchase one in the future, but for now I'm going with a Dyna.  Not receiving replies to my emails is not cool.  What if i have a technical issue, or if the product I receive has an issue.  then what?  This is the first of many bikes i will be building so I'll give them another shot down the line.  He's refunding everyone's money, so no big deal, live and learn.

I agree with lack of communication not good. Just to let you know I order a ign. box from HondaMan http://sohc4shop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=a6b26ebdf784165f4ce6b470ba46f2c1 a few days ago there was a problem with his paypal but it was clearly stated on his web site so I sent a money order (postal) It looks like the part got lost in the mail and he is sending me another no charge. As it should be. The point is he stayed in communication with me the entire time I never worried once about the money or part. You may want to consider his ign. box if it does crap out you can be back up and running in less than ten minutes even on the side of the road at 2am and be riding while he is fixing it. Good guy to work with.

Edit for the red part ( if you have a good flashlight and have a good understanding of what needs to be done. As a field trouble shooter I would practice and teach Things like this in the US Army. Simply put you insert a problem and see how long it takes the student to fix it with and without eyes.

Ken

Ken
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:42:03 am by bollingball »

bollingball

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 09:00:45 am »
That is a big red flag!!!

Do not go any farther.  It will not get better.

This is for lucky
I think it depends on who the seller is and the reputation of the sellers. What is it about Pete that you know of that makes you say this? The OP said he emailed Pete four times this could have been over a 2 hour period I doubt that but you lucky don't know that. The OP was on the 25th and the order was four days before so there was a week end involved do the math lucky. Order placed on Fri. or Sat. take out the week end and in TWO days the OP is freaking out and you lucky thank that is normal and a BIG RED FLAG. I would hate to see something really go bad around you. Are you the guy that goes to the hospital for a hang nail.
Ken

From lucky If it is an IBM PC it could have died. So are Macs made out of parts that can not die?

Ken

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
Re: Ordered a Pamco,
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 09:18:22 am »
I have delat with Pete and he is usually quick to reply. I told him his online instructions could use a better explanation and he updated it in real time.

Dyna is real quick to answer when their unit craps out and they tell you that you are #$%* out of luck.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline veloracermike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 09:22:00 am »
Pete builds a quality product
Pete is slow to respond and should remedy this
Pete should update his website
Pete will ship your ignition but patience is part of the deal
Thread closed.
WTB 400F Motor! PM me if you've got one!!!!!!!

Offline liPPy

• Hot Shot
  • 1978 cb750k
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 09:39:53 am »
fwiw i had a faulty PAMCO unit that I returned, was tested & replaced all within about 5 days. It now works perfectly.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

Furthermore, I used to own an IBM PC and it was great. So stick that one up your arse lucky!

Offline thrutheframe

• Expert
  • did you bleed when you built that?
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 09:53:41 am »
Patience.
'74 cb 750 K4
'79 CB 650 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83981.0
'75 CB 360T
'90 RC31 Hawk GT

Offline Scott S

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 10:15:47 am »
Patience.

Really. Give the guy (Pete) a break.....you started "freaking out" about 48 hours after placing your order.
 Are you sure he knows that you have a 350 FOUR? I know there were problems with the 350 twin model that is being corrected. Maybe he thinks you have a twin?
'71 CB500 K0
'17 Triumph Street Scrambler
'81 Yamaha XS650

Offline nomad20012

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 11:13:20 am »
I have used three Pamcos so far. 2 on an xs650 and now on the CB. 

They work great and are simple to install. I never had any problem putting it on just after glancing at the instructions briefly. If you have a wiring diagram from a clymer it should be a relatively straight forward.

Pamco pete has great service, he once send me nylon screws to unground my stator for free. At his cost and time.

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 11:32:13 am »
Pete emailed me again, personally this time and said he was sorry, and that he assumed i had ordered a unit for 350 twin.  He offered to ship out the unit for my 350Four tomorrow if I still wanted it.  we exchanged a few pleasant emails, and i told him the next time i will try a Pamco.  He only missed me ordering the Dyna by 3 minutes or i would of told him to go ahead and send it.   

I was questioning him as the seller because 1. you usually get some type of order confirm fairly quickly.  I ordered my Dyna today and a few minutes later had an order confirm, then an hour or so later i had a shipping notice with a tracking number.  THAT'S how I am used to doing business, and that's why i was wondering wtf was going on. 

Weekend or no I'm not used to placing an order and then waiting 5 days for any type of response.. I don't know this guy like you guys do, that's why i asked what y'all though about it.  and I only got a response when I told him i was filing with pay pal for my money back, .. next time i would know what to expect, and wouldn't be concerned, I thought was he was a internet retailer like any other, not a guy struggling to keep up with orders...  and talking to him, he does seem like a good guy.
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 01:03:04 pm »
Ok, the Pamco ignition is OK then!
I got mine ignition today and it would be just fine to hear that they will redesign it and release a much better version.
But It's ok then, my version will be as good as I have read in a number of threads.

Let the thread stay..
It will be good news for others ordering parts and start to worry. I did not hear anything after the order acknowledge mails and could see the order when logged in at Vintagecb750.com. I started to think about tracking numbers when my cellphone rang. Fedex had a package for me... Special service by NASA Space Shuttle? :o ::)
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 02:25:21 pm »
Pete emailed me again, personally this time and said he was sorry, and that he assumed i had ordered a unit for 350 twin.  He offered to ship out the unit for my 350Four tomorrow if I still wanted it.  we exchanged a few pleasant emails, and i told him the next time i will try a Pamco.  He only missed me ordering the Dyna by 3 minutes or i would of told him to go ahead and send it.   

I was questioning him as the seller because 1. you usually get some type of order confirm fairly quickly.  I ordered my Dyna today and a few minutes later had an order confirm, then an hour or so later i had a shipping notice with a tracking number.  THAT'S how I am used to doing business, and that's why i was wondering wtf was going on. 

Weekend or no I'm not used to placing an order and then waiting 5 days for any type of response.. I don't know this guy like you guys do, that's why i asked what y'all though about it.  and I only got a response when I told him i was filing with pay pal for my money back, .. next time i would know what to expect, and wouldn't be concerned, I thought was he was a internet retailer like any other, not a guy struggling to keep up with orders...  and talking to him, he does seem like a good guy.
It would appear Dyna hasd a great automated ordering system. If you unit craps out 13 months from now they will efficently offer you a discount. Pete covers his unit for two Years. He is a startup and you have to expect  to deal with the Owner, which is how I like to do business.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline lucky

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 03:10:26 pm »

This is for lucky
I think it depends on who the seller is and the reputation of the sellers. What is it about Pete that you know of that makes you say this? The OP said he emailed Pete four times this could have been over a 2 hour period I doubt that but you lucky don't know that. The OP was on the 25th and the order was four days before so there was a week end involved do the math lucky. Order placed on Fri. or Sat. take out the week end and in TWO days the OP is freaking out and you lucky thank that is normal and a BIG RED FLAG. I would hate to see something really go bad around you. Are you the guy that goes to the hospital for a hang nail.
Ken

From lucky If it is an IBM PC it could have died. So are Macs made out of parts that can not die?

Ken

I do not "know" Pete at Pamco.

A "red flag" means something in life where someone says something or does something that is inappropriate behavior. EXAMPLE:

When you give someone $over $100. I think there should be an acknowledgement of some kind. Automated etc.,.

Sometimes the problem is a person is not budgeting their time very well.
For instance if I ran a business I would spend a certain amount of time,(one hour) in the morning with emails.
Then go to work.
Then in the evening do some more emails or phone calls at the end of each day.
Communication with your customers is VERY important especially with the internet. Word gets out fast.

Also to save time you could have a blurb ON YOUR WEBPAGE that says  "Your order will take 3 days  to process and to recieve confirmation." That gives you more time, and then the customer knows their order IS being processed.

There just needs to be  a little more organization now that his business has a good product.

Also when you have to send out the same info time after time you can type up the info..keep it in a folder and just copy and paste into your emails to the customer thereby saving time.

It is all about budgeting your time.

ALSO :

When I was working on my BFA degree one of the students told the professor,"There is no way we (students) can do all that you ask, and every teacher of every class is asking for too much."

Response- (Professor), " We know you cannot do it all to perfection, but what we
teachers want to do is to teach you to budget your time well and set priorities.
EXAMPLE:
If you want A's in math then take a B in english if you really love math."
Spend you time on what is important to you. That does not make you a bad person.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:17:26 pm by lucky »

Offline lucky

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 03:22:02 pm »
ONE MORE THING for those that do not like me.

All of this dialog about PAMCO will result in Pete getting more business.
It is a proven method in business. Create controversy and that will result in dialogue.
You cannot get known more without talk.

But I did not do that on purpose for Pete or Pamco.

Offline fmctm1sw

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 04:38:23 pm »
for those that do not like me.

That's a great idea for a poll.
Quote from: 754
Dude is that a tire ? or an O-ring..??

Quote from: inkscars
This is not a pod thread
This is not a #$%* on my vacuum gauges thread
This is a help or GTFO thread.

1973 CB350F
1973 CB350G
1975 CB550K
1983 GL650I
1973 CB750K3 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=92888.0)
1984 Kawasaki KLT-250 (AKA 3 wheeler of death)
1994 Honda TRX300
1999 Honda TRX250

Offline thrutheframe

• Expert
  • did you bleed when you built that?
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 06:50:24 pm »

This is for lucky
Ken

Ken

I do not "know" Pete at Pamco.

A "red flag" means something in life where someone says something or does something that is inappropriate behavior. EXAMPLE:

When you give someone $over $100. I think there should be an acknowledgement of some kind. Automated etc.,.

Sometimes the problem is a person is not budgeting their time very well.
For instance if I ran a business I would spend a certain amount of time,(one hour) in the morning with emails.
Then go to work.
Then in the evening do some more emails or phone calls at the end of each day.
Communication with your customers is VERY important especially with the internet. Word gets out fast.

Also to save time you could have a blurb ON YOUR WEBPAGE that says  "Your order will take 3 days  to process and to recieve confirmation." That gives you more time, and then the customer knows their order IS being processed.

There just needs to be  a little more organization now that his business has a good product.

Also when you have to send out the same info time after time you can type up the info..keep it in a folder and just copy and paste into your emails to the customer thereby saving time.

It is all about budgeting your time.

ALSO :

When I was working on my BFA degree one of the students told the professor,"There is no way we (students) can do all that you ask, and every teacher of every class is asking for too much."

Response- (Professor), " We know you cannot do it all to perfection, but what we
teachers want to do is to teach you to budget your time well and set priorities.
EXAMPLE:
If you want A's in math then take a B in english if you really love math."
Spend you time on what is important to you. That does not make you a bad person.

lighten up Francis
'74 cb 750 K4
'79 CB 650 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83981.0
'75 CB 360T
'90 RC31 Hawk GT

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 07:38:35 pm »
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »
A little history lesson may be in order here:
A couple of years ago, folks began having failures with Dyna ignitions. Common symptoms were sudden loss of power when warm, but OK when cool. No spark, or intermittent spark on one pair of cylinders. It got to the point that as soon as a poster would mention Dyna, we knew what the problem was. It happened with both the Dyna S, and the more sophisticated Dyna 2000. It would appear that Dyna got a bad lot of transistors, that failed after the warranty had expired. (Some posted reports of much older Dynas that were still working fine.)
What I suspect happened next, was a member here, who also follows the Yamaha XS650 scene, clued Pete on to the need for a good electronic ignition for our CBs, such as the ones Pete had been making for the XS for quite some time. Pete adapted his system, and as soon as he began marketing them here, was met with a fair amount of skepticism. I personally was concerned about the heat under the points cover affecting the transistors. Pete provided measured operating temps, and the maximum operating temperature specifications for the devices he uses. He also provided videos of the spark his system would provide in free air, compared to the stock system. He doubled his warranty to two years. I was satisfied with his answers, but some Luddites weren't, and harassed him to the point that he left here in total disgust, from what I gather. :(     
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 10:01:11 pm »
Exactly Scott
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline lucky

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 02:50:49 am »
Thanks Scottly!!

History is very important.

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 03:05:21 am »
Ok, Thanks for all the pointers.  How do I delete or re-title this thread ? 
Just press the button Modify and you can change the titles or what you have written . First title most important when this is shown in the thread list.

I'm used to modify my threads or comments when my writing index finger sometimes can't syncronize with the other index finger when writing together (sometimes 3-4 fingers simultaneously).  Upon that  the keyboard keys must be where my finger hits ...and my brain that work far faster than any of my fingers and keyboards keys...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:09:22 am by PeWe »
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967