Author Topic: Ordered a Pamco,  (Read 5199 times)

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
Ordered a Pamco,
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:37:14 pm »
Guys, I ordered a Pamco ignition from this site http://www.cb750ignition.com/  4 days ago and I have heard absolutely zero from anyone regarding that they have received my order or if it has been shipped, or anything.  I have emailed Pete 4 times and zero response... Another member here offered to email him for me and still no response.  I'm not trying to be a dick but i have 115 bucks floating around in cyberspace... you guys think i should file with pay-pal and try to get my money back ??  I mean WTF ! i read a lot of post on here and figured it would be good business.  what would you guys do?   sorry if this is in the wrong category..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:26:48 am by 72_350_FOUR »
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline lucky

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Ordered a Pamco, and have gotten zero response...advise please.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:41:33 pm »
That is a big red flag!!!

Do not go any farther.  It will not get better.

BrockSamson

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:44:32 pm »
I would wait one week from the day of your purchase before trying to get your money back. 

There are enough people who have purchased a PAMCO ignition who didn't have problems so my guess is something came up to where he can't respond.  I have looked up a bunch of threads on the PAMCO when I was thinking about changing out my points and I can't remember any problems.

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:47:06 pm »
Brock, I did the same thing, that's why i went with a PAMCO.  But i figured i'd get an order confirmation or something at least. 
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline lone*X

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 02:02:14 pm »
A lot of these vendors are small operations with small volume.  They don't have a sales room full of clerks taking or confirming orders.   He may be on vacation or out sick, maybe his PC died,  so give it a full week before doing anything.   
Lone*X  ( Don )

75 CB550K1  
VTX1800C for two up cruisin.
Several others have come and gone but whose keeping track.
52 years on two wheels and counting.....
"The best safety feature of any motorcycle is the one God put between your ears.  It's also the least utilized"

Offline jamesb

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »
the first ignition i got from him took 2 weeks i believe he had to wait for the plates to be made the second one it was about a week you will get a delivery conformation in email about it just be patient.i was worried the first time i haven't heard nothing from him for a week and a few days he emailed and told me the situation. the second time i emailed him told him i was happy with the first one so i bought another from him and he emailed 3 days later thanking me and a couple of days after that i get the email conformation when to expect delivery. it's worth the wait
I've done a lot of things in my life that I'm not proud of...and the things I AM proud of, "are disgusting"

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 02:52:34 pm »
That is a big red flag!!!

Do not go any farther.  It will not get better.

Peter is fine and usually trying hard to keep up with demand, it will get better....
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline veloracermike

• Hot Shot
Ordered a Pamco, and have gotten zero response...advise please.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:03:19 pm »
Same thing happened to me.  Nothing for about a week then bingo I get an email then three days later the ignition.  Be patient he's a good seller you are not getting scammed
WTB 400F Motor! PM me if you've got one!!!!!!!

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »
I’ve gotta echo what others are saying about small specialty companies and the difficulty when they hit a home run. Pete must be busier than a one-arm wall paper hanger trying to keep up, but that being said, he should have someone confirming orders and deliveries.

I ordered a Pamco for my CB550 and never heard a peep until he issued a shipping notice. That took a bit longer than I thought it should, but it was shipped and arrived as expected.

I think you can relax knowing that Paypal will look after you if the need ever arises, but it won’t.

FJ
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

bollingball

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »
4 days is not very long and if there was a week end involved even less And $115. is not going to put any one in the poor house But that is just me. Your situation may be different. I would wait 7 to 10 days then make further inquiries. Who was the shipper UPS USPS Fedex?? People are in just too much of a hurry these days. I'm just laid back life is all ready to short 8)

Ken

Offline jneuf

• Hot Shot
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 03:52:56 pm »
Has anyone heard from Pete lately though? I emailed him at the beginning of June regarding an ignition, and haven't heard back.
'75 CB400f

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 05:26:57 pm »
ok guys i'll wait it out, thanks for all the replies.
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline Scott S

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 07:54:22 pm »
 Just chill....it'll be OK. The Pamco is made for two different makes and about nine different models. This is an American success story, meaning that business is growing so fast he can't keep up with supply or demand. Pete/Pamco will make it right and you'll be satisfied.

This week, I watched a friend fire up an XS650 with a PMA conversion and a Pamco. He literally built this bike from a pile of parts and made the wiring harness from scratch. It fired on the FIRST kick and timing was dead on.
'71 CB500 K0
'17 Triumph Street Scrambler
'81 Yamaha XS650

Offline new2bikes-again

• Enthusiast
    • wellandpond.com
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »
I just ordered one on June 26th and it got here (Ohio) on Fri. the 20th. He sent me an email to let me know it was on it's way. I missed 3 weeks of riding season, but the product is worth the wait so far.

It's pretty close to being "plug & play"! I know you can't read this Pete, but thanks..
Nice product.

Offline killersoundz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 12:23:09 am »
If you paid with paypal no worries! You have like 90 days or something to open a dispute and they ALWAYS side with the buyer and refund your money UNLESS the packaged was sent with delivery confirmation with a signature. I found this out as a seller the hard way a couple times..
My project thread:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=107447.0

My CB750K4 Starting up for the first time after a seized motor and rebuild!

Offline lucky

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 01:31:41 am »
A lot of these vendors are small operations with small volume.  They don't have a sales room full of clerks taking or confirming orders.   He may be on vacation or out sick, maybe his PC died,  so give it a full week before doing anything.

If it is an IBM PC it could have died.

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 03:08:20 am »
I ordered Pamco Ultimate from vintagecb750.com on Saturday 21:st of July, late evening for me, day in Canada.

Phone call from Fedex driver 2 hours ago (less than 5 days), Fedex were going to my house but he could drop the box at my job when he was in that area. Good service FEDEX!! :)  (2:nd time, same procedure 2 weeks ago)

Easy to buy from vintagecb750.com. Check everything they have...want this? yes, no, yes, yes, yes, no, no....$476US...
Small details are much, much cheaper than HONDA original like screws and nuts ,rubberstuff 8 small hose pieces between head and cyl. 10 times more if it is HONDA OEM.
Most of the parts have labels "made in Taiwan", parts are most likely fresh like the complete Cam tensioner set that cost much less then HONDA labeled parts. The rubber feels soft and fresh and will hopefully cope with the hot oil.

I like the labels which indicate an honest code of doing business.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:41:27 am by PeWe »
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 05:08:47 am »
Finally got an email this morning 5 days after ordering,... product is being redesigned, and wont be available for 2 or 3 weeks.   $%#& ! 

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:25:52 am by 72_350_FOUR »
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline liPPy

• Hot Shot
  • 1978 cb750k
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 05:54:11 am »
Finally got an email this morning 5 days after ordering,... product is being redesigned, and wont be available for 2 or 3 weeks.   $%#& ! 

Be positive man!

So not only have you got a reply, you'll be one of the first members on the board running the brand new re-designed product :)

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 06:01:43 am »
I will maybe purchase one in the future, but for now I'm going with a Dyna.  Not receiving replies to my emails is not cool.  What if i have a technical issue, or if the product I receive has an issue.  then what?  This is the first of many bikes i will be building so I'll give them another shot down the line.  He's refunding everyone's money, so no big deal, live and learn.
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline Rookster

• Hot Shot
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 06:24:00 am »
I think you should change the title of this thread.  Something like "Ordered a Pamco, and got a response 5 days later!"  I realize you're pissed but these threads are searchable and come up on Google searches.  What if a prospective customer sees the title of your thread and never reads it to see that he did in fact contact you and that most people who bought his product were satisfied.  Sorry if that stings but you gave the guy 4 days with 4 emails, had someone else email on your behalf and he responded on the 5th day and agreed to give you a refund.

Scott

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
PAMCO Ignition Order
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:46 am »
Hey Scott, I can delete the thread if possible, it doesn't matter to me, i was just trying to find out what you guys who have bought products from this guy before thought i should do...  And FYI - the email i got was a mass response email, it wasn't a personal response.  I'm just trying to get a bike on the road, I'm not pissed I just don't want to wait a month for the part that's all. 
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
Re: PAMCO Ignition Order
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 07:15:21 am »
Hey Scott, I can delete the thread if possible, it doesn't matter to me, i was just trying to find out what you guys who have bought products from this guy before thought i should do...  And FYI - the email i got was a mass response email, it wasn't a personal response.  I'm just trying to get a bike on the road, I'm not pissed I just don't want to wait a month for the part that's all.

If you're in a hurry, I can sell you mine. Just arrived, never installed. Won't need it for awhile so I good to wait if  you like.

FJ
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
Re: PAMCO Ignition Order
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 07:33:40 am »

Then order a dyna or rebuild your points and slip in a hondaman ignition. These things will happen when you are dealing with small scale cottage industries. It took over two years for me to completely receive the fairing set for my VFR, the product was good but the communication and timescale was utter #$%*.
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline 72_350_FOUR

• Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 07:45:46 am »
Ok, Thanks for all the pointers.  How do I delete or re-title this thread ? 
1972 Honda CB350F