Author Topic: dash cams  (Read 67738 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: dash cams
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:33 am »
Yeah, but the Seppo's got there a bit late Dave, it was all over bar the back slapping by the time they arrived to save the day! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 09:28:27 am »
Yeah, but the Seppo's got there a bit late Dave, it was all over bar the back slapping by the time they arrived to save the day! ;D

No reason Americans should have even risked their lives for the foolishness of the European Aristocracy.  We should not have been involved in that one.  At least it put an end to most of the old empires and monarchies of old Europe.  WWII took care of the few that were left.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:36:24 am by srust58 »

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 09:30:49 am »
Wow, every person in that clip is dead now, so that in itself is interesting, seeing all those "Dead men walking"......... ;D

When I look at that clip I have to wonder....how well do you like the smell of horse#$%* in the morning. ;D

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 09:39:03 am »
You are right,  sticking head in sand is the best policy ever.

Offline ShermanPain

• Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 06:04:57 pm »
just have to make the point that the clip is of vancouver in Canada, and Canada was part of England during wwI... not saying we are europeans up here or anything but we didnt have a choice about going to war
1980 CB650C

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 11:45:37 pm »
oh oh,,war thread now.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 12:48:20 am »
just have to make the point that the clip is of vancouver in Canada, and Canada was part of England during wwI... not saying we are europeans up here or anything but we didnt have a choice about going to war

Well that shows you how dumb we are mate, we didn't have to go (there was no conscription or "draft" in Oz back then) but we went anyway. My Grandfather, Great Grandfather and Great Uncle (in other words, a father and his two sons) all joined up in 1915. My great uncle was only 14, so he had to put his age up to get in.

Surprisingly they all survived, and my grandfather and great uncle signed up again for WW2. (My Great Grandfather, who'd also served in the second Boer War in 1899-1902 was too old) There was no "draft" in WW2 either, that only came about during Vietnam, and my Grandfather actually joined in with some hippies to protest against it, because his opinion was that if young people didn't want to risk dying for someone else's beliefs, then they shouldn't be made to.

A lot of Americans wanted to fight at the outbreak of WW1 too, so many joined the Canadian, French, or British Army, and a lot of young American pilots joined the French Air Service, and the "Lafayette Escadrille" was a French unit made up mostly of American volunteer fighter pilots. So while the American government might have dithered for several years, many thousands of Americans made a personal decision about what side of the fence they'd sit on. Cheers, Terry. ;D     
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline ShermanPain

• Enthusiast
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 10:37:58 am »
we didnt have conscription either but as a country we were immediately drawn in. Something like 600,000 Canadians served in ww1 and they were all volunteers. Canada at the time was a Dominion and i think Australia was as well and as far as i know all the dominions declared war the same day England did
1980 CB650C

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »

Well that shows you how dumb we are mate, we didn't have to go (there was no conscription or "draft" in Oz back then) but we went anyway. My Grandfather, Great Grandfather and Great Uncle (in other words, a father and his two sons) all joined up in 1915. My great uncle was only 14, so he had to put his age up to get in.

Surprisingly they all survived, and my grandfather and great uncle signed up again for WW2. (My Great Grandfather, who'd also served in the second Boer War in 1899-1902 was too old) There was no "draft" in WW2 either, that only came about during Vietnam, and my Grandfather actually joined in with some hippies to protest against it, because his opinion was that if young people didn't want to risk dying for someone else's beliefs, then they shouldn't be made to.

A lot of Americans wanted to fight at the outbreak of WW1 too, so many joined the Canadian, French, or British Army, and a lot of young American pilots joined the French Air Service, and the "Lafayette Escadrille" was a French unit made up mostly of American volunteer fighter pilots. So while the American government might have dithered for several years, many thousands of Americans made a personal decision about what side of the fence they'd sit on. Cheers, Terry. ;D     

Actually the vast majority of Americans were against joining the fight in WW1.  So it was hardly the government who dithered....the people had enough sense not to get involved in Europe's stupidity.  You had a small minority who thought the war was some glorious manly enterprise so off they went in the years before 1917.  Wilson won the 1916 election partially on the idea of keeping the U.S. out of the conflict.  It was only after Germany instituted unrestricted submarine warfare in 1917 that public opinion shifted.  Of course the bankers and industrialist also had a say...Britain and France owed the U.S. huge amounts of money for loans and material for the war...Germany much less...so it would be easier to get payed back by the winners.  Britain, France, Germany...it hardly mattered which side won...they were all equally guilty.  I can hardly imagine a more worthless cause to throw your life away for than this conflict.  The leaders, generals, etc just used the troops as cannon fodder for their own personal glory.  I don't see any honor in any of it...just stupidity.  The fact that we stayed out for so long just showed how smart we were.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:00:04 pm by srust58 »

Offline ShermanPain

• Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 08:59:15 pm »
+1 what a waste of life. Im proud of my family members who served but it was senseless. The "military industrial complex" obviously doesnt seem bothered as the United States owes a lot of its prosperity to the world wars.
1980 CB650C

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:22 pm »
Yep, the cause of the war (like most wars) was pretty stupid, but the fact that the US stayed out of it for so long had little to do with it being "smart", and more to do with "Big Business".

If the US was as smart as has been said, the American civil war (50-odd years before, which claimed more than 5 times the total amount of US soldiers Killed in WW1) would never have happened. 

The attached link is interesting, it appears that no-one really knows how many Americans died in the US Civil War, but it could have been as many as 750,000. How's that for "smart"? Cheers, Terry. ;D   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17604991

Offline ShermanPain

• Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:42 am »
That is really interesting, crazy to think its equivalent of 7.5 million today.
1980 CB650C

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:24 am »
Dash Cams and war.
Hmmm....I am missing something here.
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 02:24:28 pm »
I want a Go Pro camera now. My son showed me some stuff he's done with his, and I think they're the way to go. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline ShermanPain

• Enthusiast
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 05:46:27 pm »
Yeah Terry I want to get one too, my folks picked up a cheap one and its still got pretty good picture and sound and was only like $30... limited mounting options though
1980 CB650C

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 04:53:33 pm »
I think the Gopro's (or similar) are great, at the Phillip Island Classic yesterday quite a few of the guys racing had them either mounted on their helmets or their bikes, and I reckon they'd enjoy reliving their race from the comfort of their living rooms, I certainly would! Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline mick750F

• Expert
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 04:21:14 am »

Seems like a lot of dash cams are in use in Russia...lots of terrible drivers there too. Remind me not to go there...

Russian Road Rage and Car Crashes 2012 by TNL

'
Glosta, MA
It's not the heat...it's the humanity.

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 04:41:43 am »
Nobody in the right state of mind goes to Russia:)

Actually, have some friends who go to Kavkaz and other places for hiking and climbing.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 12:57:42 am »
it sprinkled rain all morning today,i normally have today off but did the morning,saw this bike go down through a roundabout,i thought he had a bit of a lean going considering its wet then down he went,he comes from the opposite direction to the right at 17 seconds but slips out of shot although you can hear him hit the rail,he hit the armco hard sliding backwards it all vibrated,i was surprised to see him standing up by the time i circled the round about,he lost the right foot peg and rear brake lever but he was alright,,you can see the scratch marks on the road in front of my truck as ive pulled up,he was lucky to have no other cars around its busy there,i normally move the camera into the wiper sweep area when it rains.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:05:58 am by dave500 »

Offline Christo

• Enthusiast
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 04:44:05 am »
Looks like he hit that barrier pretty hard. He is very lucky...
Good picture for a cheapo camera.
74 CB550K

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 09:08:27 am »
not really a dash cam...but video of a really bad scooter driver.
watch top center of the screen, 2-up on the white scooter  :o

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=524643414240011

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=524643414240011" width="576" height="432" frameborder="0"></iframe>
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mine…"

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 12:49:20 pm »
ha ha ha ha ha h a!ha ha ha ha ha h a!ha ha ha ha ha h a!ha ha ha ha ha h a!ha ha ha ha ha h a!ha ha ha ha ha h a!,,what the #$%*??looks like he went straight down to hell,do not pass go?

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 01:54:29 pm »
HAHA..yeah Dave.  fkn hilarious!  he dropped right off the face of the earth. 
natural selection caught on video.  ;D  bet his buddy was glad he got off when he did  :o ;D
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
77/78 cool 2 member #3

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 04:56:57 am »
hey look at this knob,,im going along and hes behind me all the way around the round about,,then he pulls out and guns it past me only to turn in front causing me to brake quite heavier than i wanted to,not real obvious but i was loaded heavy,,,its a commercial only dumping facility,,then he pulls up right where semi tractor trailer dump trucks and heavy trucks drive through?i tell him nice driving with a bird(some #$%*tards just need to be told,,i dont get road rage i get #$%*tard rage)i only posted this as this isnt even one of the bad ones in traffic,,this is on private property and i actually got to interact with the cock sucker for a change,he said i didnt know where i  was going and suddenly saw the entrance,the funny thing is the third guy who wanders up,,im cursing at this guy for hes #$%* driving and hes being told by the operator he cant dump hes rubbish here as its commercial only so i guess it sounded a little heated?he looks like he dosent want to know about it,,im glad for once i cornered a #$%* head.,if i posted all the clips of #$%* heads who do #$%* things all day id have my own web site!come out for a day with me,youll have a laugh!!

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 07:49:01 am »
you really need to start a youtube channel  "Dave's Dashcam" and mic yourself  ;D

Past Bikes
77/78 cool 2 member #3