Author Topic: team greatlakes area  (Read 31218 times)

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
Re: team greatlakes area
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2014, 05:14:10 pm »
if he comes up through ohio maybe we can circle the lower mitten again or depending on time ride up to bay city,cut across to the wst coast and down around through chi town???
don't buy it build it

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »
If Chicago guys want in, I only go as far as Gary.  I won't ride through Chi-town again by choice.
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2014, 06:14:56 pm »
I'm in for what ever works.  I'll ride as much as time and cash allow.  I have a field trip on  Sunday, Aug 3rd and a birthday party for my niece and son on Saturday, Aug 9th.  Summer School runs Monday - Thursdays til Aug 15th.  Trips and such on Aug 20,21 & 28.

MJ 
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline artsqu

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 12:11:52 pm »
Tripps, if you get PZ and want to come toward Ohio, we can meet again like last year. If you want to go north, I'll meet with the Detroit crew and maybe ride a ways in MI.
Sure, I'll meet you halfway, it would be good to see you again. I'll even come on the Honda this time. The Rocket ate the transmission, that's going to be an expensive fix.

Just a quick note guys as soon as you know or has hands on GZ, I may be able to meet Ken in Ohio and ride to meet with Tripps or thru Canada meeting half way in London with Brooze72. My schedule may be flexible enough to accommodate this. Just let me know a couple days in advance or send me a PM.

Offline becken

• Hot Shot
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 06:15:03 am »
Tripps, if you get PZ and want to come toward Ohio, we can meet again like last year. If you want to go north, I'll meet with the Detroit crew and maybe ride a ways in MI.
Sure, I'll meet you halfway, it would be good to see you again. I'll even come on the Honda this time. The Rocket ate the transmission, that's going to be an expensive fix.

Just a quick note guys as soon as you know or has hands on GZ, I may be able to meet Ken in Ohio and ride to meet with Tripps or thru Canada meeting half way in London with Brooze72. My schedule may be flexible enough to accommodate this. Just let me know a couple days in advance or send me a PM.
As soon as I know something, you will too. I think right now we're waiting for Tripps to find out when he'll be getting PZ.
1976 CB550F bought new
1981 CM400A wife bought new
2004 GL1800

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2014, 07:35:41 am »
I got home from work yesterday and heard a loud banging from my mailbox, when I opened it there was a very pissed off lizard trying to get out. I have to do some work on the bike Sunday, and work Monday, after thayt I'm pretty open for a ride toward Ohio.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline becken

• Hot Shot
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:45 pm »
Tripps, I'm good for any day during the week but will be tied up weekend of August 2&3. Let me know when. How's it looking for you, Artee?
CORRECTION: I will be tied up the weekend of August 9&10.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:50:04 pm by becken »
1976 CB550F bought new
1981 CM400A wife bought new
2004 GL1800

Offline brooze72

• Talk to my friends here at SOHC4 if you need an
  • Expert
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2014, 05:29:16 pm »
Oh your poor mail box, must be dented all to hell!  Let me know what the plan is to move him west & I'll see I f I can squeeze in somewheres. I don't have much availability after this Monday, but will try.
2011, 2012 & 2013 Godzilla Relay Rally Rider
"Hold on loosely...don't let go
 If you cling too tightly...you're gonna lose control"
1972 CB500K1 - restored rider
1981 CB650C - new project

Offline artsqu

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2014, 07:56:51 am »
I got home from work yesterday and heard a loud banging from my mailbox, when I opened it there was a very pissed off lizard trying to get out. I have to do some work on the bike Sunday, and work Monday, after thayt I'm pretty open for a ride toward Ohio.

Tripps, I'm good for any day during the week but will be tied up weekend of August 2&3. Let me know when. How's it looking for you, Artee?
CORRECTION: I will be tied up the weekend of August 9&10.

Good to see Gz's in the area. Good job Tripps I see that you may be able to get to Ohio Aug 5th thru 7th, and Ken maybe available the same time frame. I maybe able to get off the same days. My plan is to ride and meet up with Ken and meet Tripps on the border of Ohio/Pa. Long range weather forecast looks good at this moment. If this works, let's ride. The faster we get GZ the quicker we can get it to the other riders before the monsoon hit in September, if you know what I mean. I will send Pm's to the posse here for participation for all or part of the handoff.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:02:12 am by artsqu »

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 06:05:43 pm »
if you can work it to come back either Thursday aug 7 or sat aug 9 through Ohio that would wark out GREAT for me.hoping these days work for the other riders.
don't buy it build it

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 07:03:48 pm »
I am going to meet Becken and Art Tuesday in Ohio near Pennsylvania line.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 07:16:22 pm »
if you can work it to come back either Thursday aug 7 or sat aug 9 through Ohio that would wark out GREAT for me.hoping these days work for the other riders.

I've got a birthday party on the 9th at 7:00pm for my son & niece in Flint.  Work Mon - Thur.  Hope I can fit something in around that.

MJ
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline brooze72

• Talk to my friends here at SOHC4 if you need an
  • Expert
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »
I am going to meet Becken and Art Tuesday in Ohio near Pennsylvania line.
I can ride Monday but have to work Tues so looks like I'm out this time.  Have a safe ride guys!
2011, 2012 & 2013 Godzilla Relay Rally Rider
"Hold on loosely...don't let go
 If you cling too tightly...you're gonna lose control"
1972 CB500K1 - restored rider
1981 CB650C - new project

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 09:43:09 pm »
Just a reminder that PZ needs to be with Dennis before his departure date of 8-20. Git yer motors runnin... ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2014, 03:21:46 am »
Thanks for that date Scottly.  I will pm old Scrambler and confirm and make arrangements.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »
I'm keeping an eye on this and will join in if I can.  Thanks for the call Artsqu!
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2014, 06:22:32 am »
art when wrer you planning to be back around Toledo so we can meet up with you???
don't buy it build it

Offline The other Derek

• Merely an
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2014, 07:27:35 am »
After talking with Arty last night, my understanding is that he is going to run to the PA border on Tuesday, will be spending Tuesday night on OH and will be bringing PZ to MI on Wednesday.  We talked about meeting up in OH on Wednesday (same place we met becken last year?) and riding back into MI together.  At this point Wednesday would be tough for me unless it happens in the late afternoon.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2014, 11:38:01 am »
wed afternoon would work for me anybody else???
don't buy it build it

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »
Gettin' Oliver ready for Pimpzilla time!  Let me know whats happening for the weekend Dave.  I'll have Friday and till maybe 5pm Saturday.

MJ
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2014, 03:59:41 pm »
Sean will you be riding to Dennis'?
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

Offline artsqu

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2014, 05:05:09 pm »
art when wrer you planning to be back around Toledo so we can meet up with you???

Talked to Tripps and Ken tonight and we have postponed the handoff to Wednesday due to weather, 60% chance of rain on Tuesday. Hopefully on Wednesday we will have the lizard in hand headed back to Sandusky, with an overnight there and headed back to Michigan on Thursday.

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2014, 05:42:04 pm »
Sean will you be riding to Dennis'?
I think so.

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2014, 05:48:53 pm »

Talked to Tripps and Ken tonight and we have postponed the handoff to Wednesday due to weather, 60% chance of rain on Tuesday. Hopefully on Wednesday we will have the lizard in hand headed back to Sandusky, with an overnight there and headed back to Michigan on Thursday.

I will be ready to meet up with you guys somewhere on Thursday.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2014, 07:11:40 pm »
Thursday works for me.any time after lunch as I have to take my wife to physical therapy around 10 will be back home and ready to ride after 12
don't buy it build it