Author Topic: The South Side Dive Bar  (Read 2996411 times)

Offline Inkscars

• grumpiness comparable to an
  • Old Timer
  • I have a box. I'm used to being ignored.
Re: Shameless Post Boost Thread
« Reply #9525 on: March 25, 2009, 07:08:40 am »
Spikey, the first profession I ever decided on that I got up and told the class what in the 1st grade. Everyone got up and said fireman or doctor. Anyone wanna guess what I said? I wanna be a roller derby girl.

What is skunk rule?

Ew you go to rock fest? You're better off with a boom box at a harley rally.
And who the hell named us; click-click-click-click-click-click

81 Hardly Davisson

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #9526 on: March 25, 2009, 07:18:28 am »
I didn't know you could smoke psilocybins?  ...sounds... harsh.  :-\ Actually... um... you can't really smoke them.  Heat wrecks the active ingredient psilocin, but the other active ingredient (psilocybin) still works and 9/10 of the effect depends on the ratio of the two. (not that I know any of this from any sort of experience whatsoever, it's just from others and the intranets) ::)

Salvia divinorum is supposed to be one of those things you "just don't do lightly".  It's interesting you mention it, a guy I'd been working with mentioned smoking it and I was like "Whhhhaaaaa???"  because a couple friends of mine had a plant and told me the history of it; that natives believed the "spirit of the plant" could induce bad trips where you're trying to read a book or remember something very important, and every page or every memory comes up blank- a "very long feeling circular trip, or house of mirrors."  Even if it's legal: count me out.  :P

hookah smoke=coals+tobacco mixed with honey+cold, cold water filtering

It's the smoothest smoke I've ever had, very flavorful, soft mouth feel, lots and lots of thick white smoke... 'washed' tobacco if you don't want the nicotine but want the flavor.  Ya don't even cough 'til the coals have toasted your shisha and started to burn it.  The secret is in how the shisha actually more steams and roasts.  very, very tasty. ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:38:01 am by Kit »
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
« Reply #9527 on: March 25, 2009, 08:11:02 am »
Hmmm. I remember different stuff in my friend's hookah.  ::)

Skunk rule is if a team scores more than 10 runs or so in an inning- game gets called 'cause you're getting skunked. Apparently your league doesn't have it, keeps games from getting out of hand, bad feelings.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:13:24 am by Dukiedook »
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline HavocTurbo

• Angry little bastard of an
  • Old Timer
  • Can you tell?
« Reply #9528 on: March 25, 2009, 09:25:27 am »
You ever walked into a store and decided to drop oh say 30 grand in bedroom furniture?

Didn't think it was possible..... but someone proved me wrong this morning.
'48 HD Panhead - Exxon Valdez
'78 CB550K - Fokker CB.3
'78 Honda CB750K - Mavrik
'80 Yamaha XS850G - Kanibalistik
09 XL883L - No Name

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Mail List Member #162 - Call me Stan
« Reply #9529 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:24 am »
Wouldn't you know, I don't check in here for a little more than a day, and all hell breaks loose.  Now I gotta reference back a couple pages to answer a comment.

Ink, you need to go back and read this entire thread.  In it, you'll see that a majority of my posts here are extremely hilarious.  (This one may not be that funny).  I am prone to repeat myself, especially if I think it's funny.  So when I occasionally say something like "you're kidding-Ink is a chick?", your response should be humorous as well.

This has been a message from the Department of Redundancy Department.  And now back to our regularly sheduled shamelessness, already in progress.
Go metric, every inch of the way!

CB350F0  "Scrouching Tiger"
CT70K0    "Sneezing Poodle"

www.alexandriaseaport.org

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9530 on: March 25, 2009, 09:34:46 am »
Problem Sleuth is over, now just going into the epilogue.  I randomly found it a few months ago and followed the increasingly puzzling story to its very end, and I'm glad I did.  It was a lot of fun.

Here's a tribute video someone made for it:

"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
1973 CL350- Lola?
Stuff for sale

Offline goon 1492

• Sucka Repellant
  • Master
  • RIGHT ON TO THE REAL AND DEATH TO THE FAKERS
« Reply #9531 on: March 25, 2009, 09:35:38 am »
I didn't know you could smoke psilocybins?  ...sounds... harsh.  :-\ Actually... um... you can't really smoke them.  Heat wrecks the active ingredient psilocin, but the other active ingredient (psilocybin) still works and 9/10 of the effect depends on the ratio of the two. (not that I know any of this from any sort of experience whatsoever, it's just from others and the intranets) ::)

Salvia divinorum is supposed to be one of those things you "just don't do lightly".  It's interesting you mention it, a guy I'd been working with mentioned smoking it and I was like "Whhhhaaaaa???"  because a couple friends of mine had a plant and told me the history of it; that natives believed the "spirit of the plant" could induce bad trips where you're trying to read a book or remember something very important, and every page or every memory comes up blank- a "very long feeling circular trip, or house of mirrors."  Even if it's legal: count me out.  :P

hookah smoke=coals+tobacco mixed with honey+cold, cold water filtering

It's the smoothest smoke I've ever had, very flavorful, soft mouth feel, lots and lots of thick white smoke... 'washed' tobacco if you don't want the nicotine but want the flavor.  Ya don't even cough 'til the coals have toasted your shisha and started to burn it.  The secret is in how the shisha actually more steams and roasts.  very, very tasty. ;D

Sorry Kit it dodn't come out quite right, it is smoked there was a news clip on it a month ago here in KC, they talked about how its sold at all the pipe and smoke shops, still legal though, they it has the strongest hallucinogenic properties known, more than paeotie buttons or acid. But it last for two or three minutes, and so far with all the tests done they can't find any harming evidence or side affects. There is youtube videos showing idiots doing it....
I to am out though, stopped doing that kinda stuff a decade ago, face and back hurt too much the next day from smiling and laughing uncontrolably...
We are not humans going thru a spiritual experience...
We are spirits going thru a human experience....

Offline goon 1492

• Sucka Repellant
  • Master
« Reply #9532 on: March 25, 2009, 09:43:58 am »
Ink rockfest isn't that bad, there were too many bands playin for the price to pass up, I mean STp, Trapt, Sevendust, CHevelle, Shinedown, SALIVA, Another animal and more for 25.00$...Sorry but my poor a$$ can't afford the cool guys shows so I gotta improvise.
Speaking of that I got my crewfest tickets a few days ago...Tried to get tickets to Black label society with sevendust, dope and another band that is playin' tonight at the voodoo lounge at Harras but their sold out  :'( >:(

Offline HavocTurbo

• Angry little bastard of an
  • Old Timer
  • Can you tell?
« Reply #9533 on: March 25, 2009, 09:48:41 am »
Got tickets either last year or two years ago for BLS at the Rave in Milwaukee for like $15.
Then right after that we got Anthrax tickets for like $20.

Now you cannot get BLS tickets around here for less than $50.
'48 HD Panhead - Exxon Valdez
'78 CB550K - Fokker CB.3
'78 Honda CB750K - Mavrik
'80 Yamaha XS850G - Kanibalistik
09 XL883L - No Name

Offline goon 1492

• Sucka Repellant
  • Master
« Reply #9534 on: March 25, 2009, 09:51:23 am »
'cybins are shrooms, right? cuz I dunno that they're smoked, but seems like a lot of dumb kids are smoking salvia these days.
Cybins' are the active ingredient that makes you "trip" that are in shrooms, your right and sounds like you know more than me. Salvia is what I am talking about that kids are smokin(couldn't remember the whole name), I don't think I would ever want to smoke shrooms but ya know there is always that "person" at parties that usually will do stupid human tricks for all to enjoy. That's not me I was always the bystander...

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9535 on: March 25, 2009, 10:17:36 am »
Sure Goon, sure.
We know you were that guy with the lampshade on his head at the parties... actin' all buck wild and stuff from smokin' bannana peels.  ;D
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

Offline 1timduke

• Hot Shot
  • '75 CB550
« Reply #9536 on: March 25, 2009, 10:53:23 am »
Sure Goon, sure.
We know you were that guy with the lampshade on his head at the parties... actin' all buck wild and stuff from smokin' bannana peels.  ;D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!   

I laugh so hard because I was that guy!

-Tim
The only thing I miss about the South is Waffle House!

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9537 on: March 25, 2009, 11:17:49 am »
I dunno 333,
If you have to point out the hilariousness of your posts...  :P

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
  • "Damn! These HM300 Pipes Are Expensive!!!"
« Reply #9538 on: March 25, 2009, 11:32:55 am »
Six
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles; it makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9539 on: March 25, 2009, 11:33:14 am »
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles; it makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9540 on: March 25, 2009, 11:33:27 am »
Away

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9541 on: March 25, 2009, 11:33:40 am »
From

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9542 on: March 25, 2009, 11:34:04 am »
The status of

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9543 on: March 25, 2009, 11:34:35 am »
Old Timer!!!

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #9544 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:40 am »
(There. I used the thread for its intended purpose!!)

Offline BlindJoe

• Expert
« Reply #9545 on: March 25, 2009, 11:49:40 am »
'cybins are shrooms, right? cuz I dunno that they're smoked, but seems like a lot of dumb kids are smoking salvia these days.
Cybins' are the active ingredient that makes you "trip" that are in shrooms, your right and sounds like you know more than me. Salvia is what I am talking about that kids are smokin(couldn't remember the whole name), I don't think I would ever want to smoke shrooms but ya know there is always that "person" at parties that usually will do stupid human tricks for all to enjoy. That's not me I was always the bystander...

I heard on the news that kids are crushing up Smarties and smoking them. Seriously WTF

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9546 on: March 25, 2009, 12:03:22 pm »
:P All they do is crush it into a powder and exhale it like smoke, like  waving around bubblegum cigarettes.
...probably not as bad as the kid who snorted pixie sticks and got nose bleeds in school...
1973 CL350- Lola?
Stuff for sale

Offline Caaveman82

• Zippo
  • Master
  • That'll do pig. That'll do.
« Reply #9547 on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:04 pm »
Damn near broke the right hand yesterday. 2nd degree burn across the palm of the left today. grabbed a wheel RIGHT on the spot I just got done heating with the torch. idiot. bad things always happen in threes. I'm waiting to sever a foot or hand. maybe i'll loose an eye!!!!

p.s. typing with one hand sucks...
Do not act as though you could kill time without injuring eternity. - Dave Thoreau

Offline Caaveman82

• Zippo
  • Master
  • That'll do pig. That'll do.
« Reply #9548 on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:41 pm »
SHAMELESSNESS!!!!
Do not act as though you could kill time without injuring eternity. - Dave Thoreau

Offline BlindJoe

• Expert
« Reply #9549 on: March 25, 2009, 12:39:07 pm »
Oh gotcha Kit, oops  ;). Its still idiotic none the less. Yeah, I sat next to kids in the back of the bus who would snort pixie sticks. I don't think they've amounted to much. Kinda makes you wonder sometimes.