Author Topic: Wiring CDI with m-unit Blue  (Read 1587 times)

Offline ckelley09

Wiring CDI with m-unit Blue
« on: May 01, 2019, 05:44:11 pm »
Hello i haven't had much luck with finding a diagram or info on wiring the CDI or the ignition system in general with the m-unit. Only one i have come across is the generic diagram on revivalcycle.com Im trying to wire my 82 CB650SC. Also help with the REG/REC would also be helpful. Thanks

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Wiring CDI with m-unit Blue
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 06:30:49 pm »
This will help. It’s not CDI specific, but should answer your questions for the RR
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline ckelley09

Re: Wiring CDI with m-unit Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:22:08 am »
great diagram. Thank you! definitely helps with the RR

Offline DaveBarbier

• Really Old Timer ...
Wiring CDI with m-unit Blue
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 05:19:20 am »
Not sure if it matters for your quest, but the 650 doesn’t use a CDI system. It’s a transistorized ignition. It should be fairly easy to wire up. The 650 ignition plate doesn’t have a +12v input. The spark units have the +12v input (I believe a black/white wire?) and then they feed two yellow wires and two blue wires to the ignition plate and one blue to one coil and one yellow to the other coil.

On the “mUnit Blue”, instead of the IGNITION switched +12v power going to the ignition plate like on a 750 or 550 it would just go to the spark units and coils.