Author Topic: Project "Low Brow"  (Read 26938 times)

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
Re: Project "Low Brow"
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 06:51:21 pm »
you have to go 3 sessions ..all on separate days (if you don't go all 3 times they can't use the plasma) 

it takes under 2 hours each time
1st- $25
2nd- $40 (to motivate you to come back)
3rd-$25

then the process resets .... but some places give you the 3rd pay amount every time after your second visit 
 it's easy money if you can handle needles, and pumping a machine full of your life juice

well, i hate needles with a passion (funny since i've been tattoed 14 times) but i need whatever money i can bring in. making a phone call tomorrow
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline Spikeybike

• when planting C4 at your enemy's base make sure you don't use a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 07:52:57 am »
so the reality of my finances has finally caught up with me ... and i realize that , realistically i just don't have the monetary resources to fund this build .. i can barely feed myself for christ sake .... so after alot of pondering and trying to talk myself out of giving up ... i've decided to finish all the mock up and sell the custom parts ... :'( :'( :'(
but i think i'll keep the 16" wheel and whitewalls for the Phoenix     

Offline Industrial Cafe

• Like a well oiled
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • [Brian] I've got something to say about that!
    • Undead Asphalt
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 08:37:08 am »
ugh. I hate money.
everything I say is pure speculation and
I have no idea what I'm talking about  ._.

Marla              .:71CB750:.CAFE

Offline MacM2010

• Nobody Special
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 09:39:33 am »
That sucks, man.  People always say "money isn't everything," but that's only really true when you have enough of it.

Wish I could change your mind, though, because I think it looks great, and I like your build threads a lot.  But, as much as I hate to admit it, motorcycles aren't always the most important thing in the world.
One day, I will put up a signature.

Offline nobody

• Hot Shot
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 03:16:00 pm »
motorcycles aren't always the most important thing in the world.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! TAKE IT BACK NOW!!!!

Sorry to hear about your lack of funds man, that's definately an unpleasant realization.
74 cb750k

If life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If life hands you tomatoes, make tomato soup. If life hands you a box of hand grenades... well, now... THAT'S a message!!

Offline MacM2010

• Nobody Special
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 07:01:29 pm »
I know, I can't believe I wrote that.  What am I talking about?

Spikey, sperm is worth way more than blood.  Do what you gotta do, man.

(In all seriousness, though, I feel for you.  Money sucks.)
One day, I will put up a signature.

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 07:45:01 pm »
hey but , the bright side is .. i always wanted whitewalls on my bike .. cant find them in stock sizes (unless you put a front tire on the back )   and i had ,at the time, a shiny new 18" wheel    ....buuuut now i got this shiny new 16 x3.5 rim  to slap these awesome tires on the Phoenix .. and i don't even have to take my back wheel off to build the new one  ;D

then after the swap i can sell the 18 , witch is in gorgeous shape , with the polished hub and dunlop404 still on it (hint hint)

i think i'm gonna play around with my other bike a bit to make me feel better about the whole thing , maybe i'll post that stuff here cuz it would be nothing to start a new thread over, just a few things i had planned for this bike

i might use the tag bracket, i dont know yet .. i still have to finish the tree's then those are up for grabs
the tank will be ready for sale in a month or so, i still wanna POR it ... unless i get some serious offers to make me hurry
the frame has no title yet, but if a local wants it, i'd pass it on just on the word that they would finish it  

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 08:10:23 pm »
Damn Manny, I was going to post how good it was looking last night and I kept getting timed out and forgot in the end. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Make sure you get a good price for your work, you deserve it.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:00 pm »
thanx sam ,   and i've taken much worse hits before, i'll bounce back

as far as getting good coin for my work .. i'm not taking any cheap ass lowball offers for the tank (that's where most of the tough stuff was)

the frame ,  that was more just me playin around with idea's i had come up with after building mine , and it gave me somthin to do for awhile .... till it started costing money i don't have  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 11:03:15 pm »
Wish you were out this way Manny.  You have some great talent.  But we might too yahoo redneck for ya.
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Ryan 550k

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2009, 11:35:16 pm »
That tank looks great, rear fender is tops.

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2009, 02:11:23 pm »
That tank looks great, rear fender is tops.

thanx .... you want them ?  ;)  ;D

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 01:29:59 pm »
so like i said before , there were some ideas i had for "low brow" that i was gonna carry over to my bike,

i had that "build something" itch that needed to be scratched but, more or less ... it was out of boredom.. and that fact that i had all these parts laying around

ok so when Kramer gave me this basket case, we were in his moms garage just throwin parts in buckets ..  it was more of an unloading then anything else (his mom has been buggin him to get the stuff outta her garage for years)  
   so i ended up with some 750 stuff as well ..  

first the obvious stuff  ..the brakes
i've always really liked Goon's brake set up on his 750 ... so i had to steal his idea's ... (with his help)

i will attach the PDF's so you guys can just grab it here ... but he has a few other rotor patterns on the forums somewhere (not sure the name of the thread, i went right to the source and emailed him  ;) )

and the caliper all Goonified and pretty lookin .. the pics really don't do it justice  (this camera sucks.....bad)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 01:49:32 pm by Spikeybike »

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 01:36:21 pm »

you really gotta be exact when ya cut these out .. it took me 2 tries to get um perfect, but it wasn't that hard

these PDF's are split and re-sized to fit on normal printer paper (thanx again my man) 

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 01:46:09 pm »
now the forks ....

i like the way that exposed forks look , apposed to gators and stock headlight ears ..  

but NOBODY"S forks are rust free and who wants to drop 150 bucks on new tubes (...well , i do, but that's beside the point here)

so i had this idea .... it's so simple , how come i'd never seen it before, ...or thought of it before .....paint the forks!!

masked off the lower , sliding half .sanded the rusty chrome with 100 then 150 ...primer, then 220  then painted with engine enamel

propped the bottom clamp open with a flat head screwdriver jammed in it ... carefully slide the tubes in .. pulled the screwdrivers out .. put in the bolts ...viola  

i did have to touch up the paint in some spots after sliding the forks in ... but not bad .. masking that was fun  ;D...

now i'm waiting on my cyclex headlight ears and that will be all buttoned up

edit: i forgot to add that i also put the 750 dampeners in the forks (they are about an inch and a half longer) .. it sure made puttin the forks back together a chore ... had to do it with two people  :o
 i know it's been done, but i haven't seen any reviews of it .. i'll let you guys know what the verdict is on the  550 front end with 750 dampeners (with 550 progressive springs)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:42:39 am by Spikeybike »

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 01:55:32 pm »
the rear end  had to be changed a bit since i'm putting on a 16x 130 tire  .... well technically it didn't HAVE to be changed  but i wanted to open it up a bit so the new bigger wheel was more visible

but , i'm having some issues with my local shop getting the wheel done , so i cant finish mocking it up ... kinda need the wheel for that ,ya know

but i'll give a hint at what i'm doin
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:14:24 pm by Spikeybike »

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2009, 06:17:44 pm »
got the whitewalls on finally (well the back one anyway) .... man that blue #$%* is such a #$%* to get off .... i didn't even get it all :o :o

looking at this pic you can kinda see what i meant  by "bobber inspired cafe"

my plan WAS to do the side plate with the tail light on the fender ... but i just couldn't find any tail lights i liked ... so i'm gonna put the tail light on the tag mount (lame)  

i still gotta space out the brake stay , and get more leopard on the fender ... but there they are   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:01:20 am by Spikeybike »

Offline Industrial Cafe

• Like a well oiled
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • [Brian] I've got something to say about that!
    • Undead Asphalt
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2009, 08:04:29 pm »
I spaced mine out on the drum only, with a 1/2 inch of fat spacers.
everything I say is pure speculation and
I have no idea what I'm talking about  ._.

Marla              .:71CB750:.CAFE

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2009, 11:27:41 pm »
i just realized ..... that i probly have the only build thread where builder switches bikes in the middle of it .....hmmmm.. not sure if thats cool or lame ....  i guess in this case, under the circumstances (thank god for spell check) it would be lame

and further more , to add to this conundrum.... i've wanted these totally sick tires on my bike for years ... they just scream HOT ROD ....         and now that i have them ..... all i can think about is her (she bought um)

stupid #$%*in Capt Morgan damn it  ....    ya know .. i swear .. i've looked at the bottom of a bunch of bottles ... happiness ..  totally not there  ;D ;D 

ok the computer screen is starting to double a little ... so i'm gonna go have a nother drink before bed
                     cheers mutha suckas

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2009, 11:53:09 pm »
Wish you were out this way Manny.  You have some great talent.  But we might too yahoo redneck for ya.

btw OTT i went to Kansas didn't i ... well Ink isn't really what i would call redneck ... but some of her posse might fit into that category   (and thanx fot the compliment)

Offline mkramer1121

• Expert
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:55 am »

and further more , to add to this conundrum.... i've wanted these totally sick tires on my bike for years ... they just scream HOT ROD ....         and now that i have them ..... all i can think about is her (she bought um)

*smack* pull yourself together man!

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2009, 09:53:42 am »
WHOA     ... i'm having a "#$%* did i really post that" moment .... stupid liquor  

think i really needed a smack last night ...   my head hurts
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:56:55 am by Spikeybike »

Offline mkramer1121

• Expert
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:12 am »
any drunk dials we should know about?

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2009, 10:21:57 am »
actually no ... now that you mention it ... thats impressive .. i should be proud of myself ;D ;D ;D

Offline Spikeybike

• Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2009, 11:15:26 am »
I spaced mine out on the drum only, with a 1/2 inch of fat spacers.

i used a hammer and a vise  ;D ;D