Author Topic: NOMINATE for Bike Of The Month - February 2010  (Read 14606 times)

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
NOMINATE for Bike Of The Month - February 2010
« on: January 07, 2010, 02:37:03 pm »
It's Nominatin' Time!

Let's run this until about the 15th of this month.  Then we can Vote for the rest of the month.

You may nominate a previous BOTM contender but BOTM winners cannot be re-nominated.

It would good not to post all of your pics of the bike in the nomination thread (your choice though, I won't stop you).  Save them for the voting thread if you are nominated.

Help my brain!  Last BOTM nomination thread had me confused.

--If you second a nomination, use the word "second" somewhere.
--If you are nominated and then seconded, use the word "accept" somehere.

January BOTM voting thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=63268.0
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
Re: NOMINATE for Bike Of The Month - February 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:55:47 pm »

Tipper, I want to see pae's CB650 get another shot at BOTM, so I'm nominating it again! Hang on Phil! ;)

NOMINATION DECLINED!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:53:10 pm by bill440cars »
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:15:04 pm »
Well, how about another CB650 then? What the heck, one has to win at some point.

I nominate Kit's bike.  ;D ;D

1969 CL350 Scrambler... almost done!!! Well, until something else goes wrong. :)
2006 HD 883 Sportster, stock. No use changing it, it's still gonna be a Harley.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 01:17:16 pm »
Well, how about another CB650 then? What the heck, one has to win at some point.

I nominate Kit's bike.  ;D ;D

THERE YA GO, Good Idea Mickey! ;D        AND A Good Looking Bike It Is TOO! 8)
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 01:24:05 pm »
I'd also like to nominate Hush's bike. A CB650PZ model. Very nice 650 indeed.

1969 CL350 Scrambler... almost done!!! Well, until something else goes wrong. :)

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 01:31:20 pm »
I'll second Pae's bike.  8) 8)

I just wish he'd put some hand grips on it.  ;D ;D

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 02:03:56 pm »
I'll second Pae's bike.  8) 8)

I just wish he'd put some hand grips on it.  ;D ;D

Yeah, maybe we can talk him into that. ;)

BTW, I sure ain't thinking, I can AND WILL 2nd Kit's bike as well. ::) Sometimes, it just takes a little extra time for things to soak into my brain. Then SOMETIMES, like this time, it takes a little nudge! :-\ 

At any rate, both 650's have been nominated AND 2nd'd. Just need the nominations accepted, to make it legal! ;)
Member # 1969

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 02:11:05 pm »
Ok, I'll accept the nomination.  Delilah's been a faithful workhorse getting me to school, work, and back.  I'm always just a little impressed at how clean and good-looking she is when I park her next to other, often more modern bikes at school or work. :)
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Soos

• Just a butcher with a carbide hatchet, definitely not a
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 05:13:55 pm »
I second that police bike hush has!
Where are you hush? Come on, it's worthy of being BOTM!

:)

Going to be a 650 month is it?

l8r
-=≡ Soos ≡=-
Just think to yourself what would Alowishus Devander Abercrombie do?
"Brix will be shat by your neighbors." - schwebel
(61mm)652cc 1979 cb650

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 06:00:39 pm »
Nothing personal guys but nominating Pae's bike 2 months in a row is a bit silly, i understand why you would want too but its a bit unfair to others nominating at the same time because you are lucky to get 1 chance to win so why should anyone get 2 bites of the cherry in a row...You can't just keep nominating until they win..... If you wanted to nominate Pae's bike again make it a 650 only nomination for this month.....

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 06:27:16 pm »
Nothing personal guys but nominating Pae's bike 2 months in a row is a bit silly, i understand why you would want too but its a bit unfair to others nominating at the same time because you are lucky to get 1 chance to win so why should anyone get 2 bites of the cherry in a row...You can't just keep nominating until they win..... If you wanted to nominate Pae's bike again make it a 650 only nomination for this month.....

Mick

Uh, I don't see where that is at all silly myself. ??? This certainly isn't the 1st time that it's been done and don't you think you are kinda jumping the gun, to insinuate that the bike is going to be nominated until it wins! I'm going to stop this conversation now, because I feel like I'm being unfairly JUDGED and I sure don't appreciate it either. Is THAT the kind of reputation I have with YOU or anyone else?

Member # 1969

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 06:38:26 pm »
Having a bad day Bill..?  I think you have read a little too much into it mate, have i ever judged you or questioned your integrity ?  actually i have posted the exact opposite and i am sure you know that....
Remember mate we are talking about bikes here ...not each other... ;) It is just my opinion....nothing else..

Have a good day mate..

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 07:30:29 pm »
Having a bad day Bill..?  I think you have read a little too much into it mate, have i ever judged you or questioned your integrity ?  actually i have posted the exact opposite and i am sure you know that....
Remember mate we are talking about bikes here ...not each other... ;) It is just my opinion....nothing else..

Have a good day mate..

Mick

Got a PM coming Mick,  Later on, Bill
Member # 1969

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 07:43:54 pm »

Mick

+1. Should be different bikes every month. However if its a 650 month then hey Im good with that ;-)

Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline pae

• Enthusiast
    • Phil Edwards CB650 pages
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 01:19:52 am »
Wow, I feel a bit unsure what to do here. My initial thought is that I feel a bit uncomfortable being up there again.

I really appreciate Bill's nomination last month, and I'm grateful to him giving the 650's a mention (even without handgrips...  ;D ) but I reckon it's had a fair shot at BOTM and I'd rather leave it at that.

It's not that I'm feling sore or anything, but I reckon it's best to let someone else have a go this time round. So, thanks a million Bill, but I'd rather not accept the nomination this time. I look forward to seeing the others.

Now, when I build my next one though...

Take care,

Phil
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:23:19 am by pae »
'79 CB650  .... | ....  XJ600 electric drag racer  .... | ....  T W M C

It takes a lot of practice to sound like yourself

Offline Bonafide

• Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 11:06:43 am »
Nothing personal guys but nominating Pae's bike 2 months in a row is a bit silly,

+1  ... but if you look back at BOTM from years before, it use to be a common theme. They would just keep nominating the same bikes over and over again til they eventually won. In this case, while PAEs bike is a nice one ... it placed last during January's vote.

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 11:40:33 am »
Knowing Bill, I'm pretty sure that's not why he nominated Pae's bike. He really just digs what the guy did with it since he has a CB650 as well. He is using it as inspiration for his own build and just likes it that much. To think or say otherwise is a discredit to Bill, who if nothing else, has to be one of the most upstanding, honest people on here. Bottom line, there is no rule that says you can't nominate a bike again, if you really like it that much. If you don't like it, don't vote for it. Period. I 2nd Pae's bike because I too like it and own a 650.

It has been brought up that this is turning into a 650 month. Well, how many months have had mostly 750s in them and no one blinked an eye or thought twice about loading an entire month with cafes or bobbers or whatever? Last month alone, we had that suggested, AFTER people had already been nominated, 2nd and accepted. We've seen months where a bare bones budget bike went up against a high performance, racing team backed, professionally built bike. How is that possibly considered competition is a good sense? Now I see that we feel free to post (and gloat) over the final count. That is demeaning and disrespectful to the builder, sir, plain and simple. "it placed last during January's vote. " Shame on you. This is exactly the kind of thing that kept me away from the monthly vote for year or more.  :( :( :(

No matter what, the Feb vote now has been tainted. What a shame all around.  :(

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 12:10:20 pm »
OK it looks like a shower of 650's so yep I accept the nomination and also put Scunny's 650 up for nomination as well. :D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 12:17:38 pm »
I'm going to second Hush's because he put the cart before the horse a little. ;)  He's got a gorgeous bike that has been a huge inspiration in my project- his attention to the finest detail and tireless commitment to that bike's service deserves to be noted.
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 12:29:54 pm »
Nothing personal guys but nominating Pae's bike 2 months in a row is a bit silly,

+1  ... but if you look back at BOTM from years before, it use to be a common theme. They would just keep nominating the same bikes over and over again til they eventually won. In this case, while PAEs bike is a nice one ... it placed last during January's vote.

Bonafide, I think, before you go making a statement like "They would just keep nominating the bikes over and over again til they eventually won"! That is Not a TRUE statement. There have been several bikes that had  been nominated that Did Not EVER win.
AND it Was Not Commonplace. It happened off and on. I was there, were you?

There IS NO ruling that that says a bike CAN'T be renominated AND I was giving pae's bike a 2nd chance.   

Doesn't make much difference NOW, since the bike in question has been pulled by the owner. BTW, it is a good feeling, I'm sure, to win the BOTM and if there is no real difference as you SEEM to indicate, why even enter the competition anyway? MY intentions were ONLY to give pae's bike a 2nd chance. Period! Want to talk about it more, send me a PM.

Have a good day, Bill ;) 
Member # 1969

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 12:34:18 pm »
I didn't take it personal because I don't have or will ever have a bike in this competition. I just thought it was a really low blow delivered multiple times at Bills expense and then to also add in how well someone fared in a previous month was bad form. I call it as I see it. Nothing else.  ;)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 03:12:24 pm »
I just thought it was a really low blow delivered multiple times at Bills expense

C'mon guys, i am sure {well in my case at least} that no one here is trying to get personal about this, that was not my intention at all and from what i have read none of the other comments should be taken like that. In a very close count Pae's bike DID come last in the vote, we all know that and i see nothing wrong with stating the obvious. What is obvious is that they are ALL GREAT BIKES, they can't all come first and as far as i am concerned , if my bike came last out of 50 bikes, as long as i like it i couldn't care less who pointed that out. Lets not accuse someone of something without knowing their intentions first.

Mick 
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 05:02:34 pm »

Could we just get back to the business of this forum. Pae's bike has been pulled. Mission accomplished.  It's over and done. :-\
Member # 1969

MötleyRöx

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 06:39:10 pm »
New poll, new contest, new results!

On that note I'd like to nominate Bill's GTX.   ;D  No?

Haha... well then, how about D3Buttz' ride?  That bike'll knock the socks off of anything!  

Offline Bonafide

• Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 08:12:44 pm »
Bonafide, I think, before you go making a statement like "They would just keep nominating the bikes over and over again til they eventually won"! That is Not a TRUE statement. There have been several bikes that had  been nominated that Did Not EVER win.
AND it Was Not Commonplace. It happened off and on. I was there, were you?

There IS NO ruling that that says a bike CAN'T be renominated AND I was giving pae's bike a 2nd chance.   

Doesn't make much difference NOW, since the bike in question has been pulled by the owner. BTW, it is a good feeling, I'm sure, to win the BOTM and if there is no real difference as you SEEM to indicate, why even enter the competition anyway? MY intentions were ONLY to give pae's bike a 2nd chance. Period! Want to talk about it more, send me a PM.

Bill - dont get condescending with me because you think you've been around and have more online experience than me. The BOTM threads from years back are still online and viewable, so dont go calling me a liar (in so many words) ... go get your FACTS straight. The renominating of some bikes were done over and over ... so much so .. it was common. That sir, is my opinion of what I saw.

I didnt say there is a ruling saying no 2nd chance ... but IMO it's LAME to renominate a bike the very next month. MY OPINION Bill ... I'm not being rude about it and not getting personal (unlike you).

I dont need to talk to you more about this and have nothing to say in a PM than cant be said in public.