Author Topic: Let's see your non-SOHC4 on the road  (Read 319393 times)

Offline 72 yellow

• Expert
Re: Let's see your non-SOHC4 on the road
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2014, 02:13:05 pm »
Ha! I think I've become too old and wise (read chicken into that) to run one of those to it's upper limits. As sorry an excuse as that is, at least it'll keep me out of the prison showers  ::)
You're OK as long as you don't drop the soap.   ::)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2014, 03:03:55 pm »
Forgive me if I don't test your advice  :-\
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2014, 03:56:02 pm »
Pulled the RD350 out of the batcave last week, been enjoying riding it 'round town...

'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

ken65

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »
Heres my beloved xj special (maxim in the US). It was a great little bike but i had to let it go early in the year. It was the lowest in the pecking order. It went to a good home so all is well.

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:28 pm »
Just a few from last week's ride thru ID, WY, UT, CO, NM and NV on the GS. I've got a bunch I'll put into the Abandoned thread when I get around to it -

Sage, WY

The Muir family home in Chesterfield, ID, built in 1889 -

Gravel road somewhere in CO -

Creede, CO -

Out in the boonies in New Mexico -

Leamington, UT -

A quick break on US93 north of Ely, NV for a drink of water -

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:46:02 am by ofreen »
Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2014, 02:26:17 pm »
Great pics, Greg.

I've been though Creede on a bike trip as well, beautiful area.
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2014, 04:19:50 am »
Beautiful pics Greg, what's the story with the Muir house, is it abandoned? Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline 750cafe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:37 am »
I thought that I posted these but they are nowhere to be found in this thread so...

This past Father's Day, my funny little honey and I took one of my latest creations out for an exploratory mission
to roads that we had never ridden before. They looked good on the map so what the heck?  ;)

This sign was heaven to me and my wife KNOWS me all too well thus her posing for the camera. LOL!

We found this narrow little road that went UP so, after scaring a deer off the roadway, we ventured to the top.  ;D
(Not a lot of traffic up there.)

That is a fire look-out station way up on the hill behind her.

More pic's from that ride.

Eric
Is there anything more fun than riding? They are between your legs and are quiet when you turn them off.

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2014, 08:54:43 am »
Great pics, Greg.
I've been though Creede on a bike trip as well, beautiful area.

Thanks Stev-o.  Amazing all that stuff hasn't fallen off the mountain yet.

Beautiful pics Greg, what's the story with the Muir house, is it abandoned? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Nobody lives in it.  I looked in a couple of windows and it is a shambles inside.  It appears someone is doing a little bit of a refurb to the outside.  A couple of other shots -

Here is another one up the street that is a little better looked after.  Same quality of construction, a little different design -

Both are on good foundations.  I see a lot of these old houses that have settled with a lot of cracks in the mortar, but not these.  Looks like somebody is attempting to preserve the old Chesterfield townsite, but it takes big bucks to do something like that.

A poorly written wiki on Chesterfield, ID -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesterfield,_Idaho

Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2014, 09:12:37 am »
Ouch! Did you ever get your Hog fixed Jerry? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Naw, I'm walking. The insurance company didn't want to fix it so they gave me $13,800 after a year of haggling. It took that long to finally find where it was then the yard wouldn't divulge any information. WTF! After realizing it had been sitting out at a wrecker in the mountains of Tennessee for amost a year in the rain and humidity and through the winter I thought it may be best to let them keep it. I was told it had frame damage. Didn't appear that bad to me when I saw it upon release from the hospital. Somebody got a nice bike to play with.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Wobbly

« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:59 am »
Col du Galibier in France (el. 2,645 metres (8,678 ft))

Offline Tugboat

• Puppet
  • Master
  • '75 CB750K + '67 CL90 + '71 CT90
    • PseudoMoto
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2014, 11:03:17 am »
My 1976 KZ400 on the way to work today.
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing twice.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2014, 01:58:16 am »

Nobody lives in it.  I looked in a couple of windows and it is a shambles inside.  It appears someone is doing a little bit of a refurb to the outside.  A couple of other shots -

Here is another one up the street that is a little better looked after.  Same quality of construction, a little different design -

Both are on good foundations.  I see a lot of these old houses that have settled with a lot of cracks in the mortar, but not these.  Looks like somebody is attempting to preserve the old Chesterfield townsite, but it takes big bucks to do something like that.

A poorly written wiki on Chesterfield, ID -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesterfield,_Idaho

Thanks mate, I'm constantly surprised at all the abandoned buildings I see in the US, over here if a building is abandoned it usually gets pulled down and something else is built on the site, but I watch a lot of American shows where buildings (especially old government buildings, factories etc) are still standing many years after they were closed down? I like old buildings. ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2014, 02:02:28 am »
Ouch! Did you ever get your Hog fixed Jerry? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Naw, I'm walking. The insurance company didn't want to fix it so they gave me $13,800 after a year of haggling. It took that long to finally find where it was then the yard wouldn't divulge any information. WTF! After realizing it had been sitting out at a wrecker in the mountains of Tennessee for amost a year in the rain and humidity and through the winter I thought it may be best to let them keep it. I was told it had frame damage. Didn't appear that bad to me when I saw it upon release from the hospital. Somebody got a nice bike to play with.

That's sad Jerry, it was such a beautiful bike, and I reckon your insurance company ripped you off, hell, my old black 'Wang is worth $8K if I accidentally set fire to it, which is a great investment, it didn't cost me half that much? Geez it's cold tonight, I think I'll have to light a fire............ ;D

Offline brewsky

• Expert
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2014, 08:34:19 am »
My 66 305 Dream taking a rest on the mountain.
66 CA77
78 550K
78 CB750K
02 FZ1
09 GL 1800

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2014, 06:19:11 pm »
ofreen,
That Muir house,is that John Muir? the man who did his best to improve and preserve the US national parks in their original state ?
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2014, 01:38:05 am »
Really? I was hoping it was that babe from "The Ghost and Mrs Muir"......... ;D

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2014, 04:33:23 pm »

lol  ;D maybe it is
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2014, 05:07:14 pm »
ofreen,
That Muir house,is that John Muir? the man who did his best to improve and preserve the US national parks in their original state ?

It appears Muir never spent any time in Idaho.

More info on the place -

http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/memorial-day-wonder-head-to-idahos-lds-ghost-town-chesterfield/

Gene Tierney or Hope Lange?

Greg
'75 CB750F

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2014, 06:54:05 pm »
A recent dual-sport type ride, at the crest above Cherry AZ, overlooking the Verde Valley.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2014, 12:40:11 am »

Gene Tierney or Hope Lange?

Either/either, they were both hotties in their day............. ;D

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2014, 10:01:21 am »

Illinois Railway Museum, Union, Illinois....

Old Starline factory, Harvard, Illinois...

Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline brewsky

• Expert
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2014, 03:12:53 am »
A recent dual-sport type ride, at the crest above Cherry AZ, overlooking the Verde Valley.

Is that close to Schnebly Hill Rd?

That was one ride I'll never forget, even if it was on 4 wheels!
66 CA77
78 550K
78 CB750K
02 FZ1
09 GL 1800

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2014, 03:54:00 am »

Illinois Railway Museum, Union, Illinois....

Old Starline factory, Harvard, Illinois...

Is that your bike Schmitty? Nice! ;D

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2014, 04:50:07 am »

Is that your bike Schmitty? Nice! ;D

That it would be, Uncle Terry!  ;)
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(