Author Topic: a few things you need to remove from your bike  (Read 12919 times)

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
Re: a few things you need to remove from your bike
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 06:50:55 am »
I am following all of these steps but am not sure how my bike is going to function. Just tried the no handlebar thing and it is pretty tough just holding onto the triple top. So I removed it. Now I am just holding onto the forks (like a hetero man)....and it wobbles before I hit the "ton". My bike is super light, and super fast....everyone wants to be like me, all women orgasm when I look into their eyes. My bike is so light lite fast superfast that I accidentally flew. Like off the ground. The clouds taste funny. On my last ride I bumped into Soichiro. He gave me a high five and told me my bike looked super fast and that I should remove all of the spokes and use a hub less magnet levitation system. So now that's how I'm rolling. Of course I drilled holes in the magnets to keep them light. Working on an electromagnetic system now. Pics soon. Thanks for all the help guys.

Offline nccb

• Expert
  • 1974 CB750 Four
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2013, 06:58:42 am »
I am following all of these steps but am not sure how my bike is going to function. Just tried the no handlebar thing and it is pretty tough just holding onto the triple top. So I removed it. Now I am just holding onto the forks (like a hetero man)....and it wobbles before I hit the "ton". My bike is super light, and super fast....everyone wants to be like me, all women orgasm when I look into their eyes. My bike is so light lite fast superfast that I accidentally flew. Like off the ground. The clouds taste funny. On my last ride I bumped into Soichiro. He gave me a high five and told me my bike looked super fast and that I should remove all of the spokes and use a hub less magnet levitation system. So now that's how I'm rolling. Of course I drilled holes in the magnets to keep them light. Working on an electromagnetic system now. Pics soon. Thanks for all the help guys.

+1 haha ;D

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 09:17:09 am »

I'll buy the system, put in in que!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Jay Ace

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 10:02:09 am »
Bike delete mode completed.

Offline george

• Back To My Roots !
  • Hot Shot
  • K8 The Project
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2013, 06:12:43 pm »
As TT and others implied , getting rid of a fatty ass rider is one of the best/first things you should remove . Those of you who know me will undoubtedly agree that I have a very nice bike ..... that indeed does look much better with me not on it ! I make it look like a moped ! For the record , I have shed a few #'s.
Found this bike in completely stock condition in Feb. 08. Paid over twice what my new one cost 30 years ago. Am trying to re-create the look of the late 70's Drag Bike styling.More later. 4-2-10 It ain't stock any more and I have no idea what I am trying to create !

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2013, 08:18:00 pm »
Those of you who know me will undoubtedly agree that I have a very nice bike .....

You do George and I enjoyed riding it!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline brooze72

• Talk to my friends here at SOHC4 if you need an
  • Expert
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2013, 08:27:46 pm »

That mag-lev system sounds way cool.  Try draining the tank & fill it with helium for more lift.
2011, 2012 & 2013 Godzilla Relay Rally Rider
"Hold on loosely...don't let go
 If you cling too tightly...you're gonna lose control"
1972 CB500K1 - restored rider
1981 CB650C - new project

AJK

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2013, 09:17:32 pm »
Dont forget to remove the fork springs, they are a bit heavy. If the whole Mag Lev thing is too difficult, you can always go for the proven 1 spoke solution. I.e. Remove 39 spokes from each wheel.

• Master
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2013, 09:27:47 pm »
I am working on another idea where I will wrap some carbon nano tubes with a paper mache mix (with glass fibers of course) and replace the frame with that. Then when finished I will paint it with watercolor instead of that heavy urethane paint. Can you believe there are idiots out there that will have parts powder coated!!! Like...'can you please bake this cement onto my bike sirrrr' I mean, it must be about 600 grams of powder they put on there! With a trowel. Good luck keeping up with me doing ton ton stuff. Waaaaaaa waaaaaaa chick a waaaaaa waaaaaaachicka chick a waaaaaaa ( sound of me grabbing mad gears and ripping wheelies)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »
Well, now you're just being silly. One spoke, everybody knows you need at least 3.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 I smell like Lilacs, I've got glitter on my cheeks and it's all Joe's fault, he told the stripper it was my birthday.

• Master
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2013, 09:35:15 pm »
Maybe on a sand cast. With the mag Lev system soichiro told me about...."we don't need roads wherewe are going"

AJK

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2013, 10:20:08 pm »
Well, now you're just being silly. One spoke, everybody knows you need at least 3.

Nope. I beg to differ. You can definitly do 1 spoke. Its a pity this technology hasn't been adopted to motorcycles yet, but i think the sohc is a good candidate. Not sure why Soichiro didn't think of this beforehand because he was certainly ahead of his time.

About half way down this page, there is the 1 spoke solution known as the nanodrive (for bicycles at least), but bicycles are always on the cutting edge of tech. We could learn a lesson here.
http://sheldonbrown.com/nanodrive/index.html

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »
I read the sandcast bikes leaked battery acid onto the chain, I happen to have an original one already pre-lightened by 44 years of acid drip. Imagine the weight savings possible. As a matter of fact I'm considering dropping it in a gas tank while I acid wash that. You know, etch two birds with one splash so to speak. Yep start bidding early, you don't wanna miss out on this gem. Or just stop by with a new chain, I might be willing to deal.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 I smell like Lilacs, I've got glitter on my cheeks and it's all Joe's fault, he told the stripper it was my birthday.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2013, 05:43:50 am »
Ok, how bought the engine?   Don't need those silly stator, starter, trans, sprocket, and clutch covers!
Keep the Franken's points cover on though, just 'cause it looks cool.

• Master
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2013, 06:05:31 am »
Or buy extra points covers fron me to lighten your wallet! Woooo

WWW.fb-stuff.com[/size][/size]

Offline flatlander

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:51 am »
brakes. brakes are for sissies.
get rid of them and everything that's no longer needed to operate them. full speed ahead at all times!

while we're at it: that throttle stuff is also a waste of time. real men don't break and don't slow down.

Offline nccb

• Expert
  • 1974 CB750 Four
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2013, 06:18:40 am »
Easiest and cheapest way to make your bike lighter and toughen it up; leave it outside, uncovered, and in the rain and snow.  This will make your bike toughen up and shed some pounds at the same time.  Weak bikes give up and die, but the ones who want to live will start right up and run stronger than ever.

Oh yeah, it also helps to leave half a tank of fuel in the tank and carb bowls.  This will give it enough food to make it through 30 or so years.  The stuff some folks call gunk is really like enamel for teeth, it protects it.  Without that coating the bike becomes to sensitive, like some sissy #$%* and will rust and be weak.

• Master
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2013, 06:48:52 am »
Actually,  the rusting bike will end heavier than a clean bike.

Offline nccb

• Expert
  • 1974 CB750 Four
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2013, 06:51:23 am »
Actually,  the rusting bike will end heavier than a clean bike.

well, now we are getting scientific  :P

• Master
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2013, 07:00:20 am »
Ha. This is a velocity and gravity thread. Don't even get me started on the weight of the bike in a parallel reality.

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2013, 07:50:34 am »
Brains, you don't really need one and it weighs a few pounds- CHUCK IT!!
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

• Master
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2013, 08:03:39 am »
What!? There is no way the head of my penis weighs a "few pounds". Maybe 300 grams on a warm day. Besides if I got rid of it how would I be able to tell what time it is without a flesh watch? Silly Dukie. ::)

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2013, 08:28:34 am »
My goal of the lightest 72 gold cb750 on this Planet..
...has been realized...27 POUNDS
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:30:57 am by 754 »
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline DustyRags

• I'm not skilled, I'm just a
  • Hot Shot
  • Just try it and see what happens
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2013, 02:22:09 pm »
I sawed off my shift lever and brake, now I hold those nubs instead of handlebars. Don't need handlebars, so I just grab the tripletree with my teeth. No seat or tank- I lay out flat on the frame and piss into the carbs. Feet on the back hub takes car of swingarm AND shocks, so those can go... just gotta drill some speed holes in my head, and I'll be flyin'!

Anybody know where I can get carbon fiber engine cases? I hear they have those in Japan...
1976 CB550K- sold
2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 500- sold
2000 CB750 Nighthawk - sold
1975 XL350 - crashed
2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650 - sold

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2013, 03:43:35 pm »

Anybody know where I can get carbon fiber engine cases? I hear they have those in Japan...

Pretty sure Yamihaha sells em....