Author Topic: What "Biker Look" are you?  (Read 55152 times)

Offline Industrial Cafe

• Like a well oiled
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • [Brian] I've got something to say about that!
    • Undead Asphalt
Re: What "Biker Look" are you?
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2010, 08:30:39 am »
@weekend junkie
                   Fancy!!

Occasionally I ride with my friend Dan,  He's in a band.
everything I say is pure speculation and
I have no idea what I'm talking about  ._.

Marla              .:71CB750:.CAFE

Offline Coyote13

• Hot Shot
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2010, 11:13:44 am »
 I actually looked strikingly similar to the guy in the Hilfiger ad on my way to work this morning.  Black slacks, button down, black Fulmer V2, black leather gloves...and my tan Clark's Desert Boots (don't offer a whole lot of protection, but they're cozy as hell and the only thing I ride in)
'78 CB750K.  Throttle ripper.
'71 CB100.  Grocery getter.
'01 XL883.  Panty dropper. Gone but not forgotten.

Offline vanaman

« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:16 pm »
well the bike is flat black

im wearing a green full face helmet, black leather jacket,  black gloves, jeans and boots.

steve
78 cb750f
97 VW Jetta GLX
98 Cabrio 1.8t

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2010, 02:55:26 pm »
you must get a little warm in the summer :D

I had a black mesh jacket and still baked at stoplights etc.  switched to a relatively cheap silver/white/black fieldsheer mesh jacket and it's really excellent.
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
  • Helmets Save Lives. Period.
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41:50 pm »

+Alpinestar boots, and Johnny Rocket pants.

Offline Rosinante

• Hot Shot
  • All Generalizations are False
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2010, 03:58:35 pm »
When I was young and invincible, I wore a 3/4 helmet, sometimes jeans, maybe a thin nylon jacket if it was cold.  Today, returning to motorcycles after a 30+ year hiatus, I wear a full face helmet with visor, underarmor, a thick leather biker jacket, jeans, leather boots and leather gloves.  I am shopping for legwear.  I don't plan on hitting the ground at 70 mph or bouncing off cars but at 52 years old, if that happens.......it's gonna hurt.
1978 CB750K

Offline tomsweb1

• '78 CB750A
  • Hot Shot
  • '78 CB750A
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2010, 05:08:17 am »
It's gonna hurt at any age. These young guys fliying around in thier t-shirts are askin' for it.
Present: 1978 CB750A, 1978 CB400A, 1983 Nighthawk 550, 1984 CM250C

Past: 1977 XL100, 1982 KZ1300

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2010, 06:23:13 am »
It's gonna hurt at any age. These young guys fliying around in thier t-shirts are askin' for it.

I see plenty of old timers flying around in t-shirts too, mostly harley riders tho..

Offline sangyo soichiro

• Tuck
  • Master
  • ☢ the atomic playboy ☠
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2010, 08:59:04 am »

Hey!  How do you like that jacket?  I have the Vintage Flattrack Daytona (identical except for the patches and color) and I absolutely love it.
1974 CB 750
1972 CB 750 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,57974.0.html
1971 CL 350 Scrambler
1966 Black Bomber
Too many others to name…
My cross country trip: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,138625.0.html

Offline wsup55

« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2010, 09:41:59 am »
I have the Icon jacket in the photo as well.  I really like it.  Skulls weren't my thing though, i cut mine off.

Offline laser145

• underfunded
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2010, 09:47:36 am »
My outfit depends on where I'm going. If I'm just hoping around my little neighborhood in Brooklyn...open face helmet, jeans, Frye boots... don't worry about my top end much.

If I'm headed to the city or anywhere outside the burg...full face helmet, same heavy boots with heavy jeans or work pants, plus a heavy old leather jacket.

When I used to ride in Florida (22 years old) I would cruise around in shorts, tanktop, and flip flops. No helmet...I don't do that anymore.

Cheers

Offline CB750Ken8

• I wanna ride...I wanna ride......Rawr MUST RIDE!
  • Enthusiast
  • It's looking better everyday...jones'n to ride!!!
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2010, 09:50:38 am »
I'm one of those youngsters who's flying around, although I only get about 5 secs of air time before touch down, so I tend to just keep it on the ground, as for gear... t-shirt, full face helmet, jeans, and redwings, maybe a jacket if its raining or getting cool.
78' CB750 K8

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2010, 12:05:27 pm »

Hey!  How do you like that jacket?  I have the Vintage Flattrack Daytona (identical except for the patches and color) and I absolutely love it.

I freakin love that jacket.  I tried on about two dozen other jackets, and this one fit my chubby ass the best. 
NOT all riders are skinny and tall!!

Offline eithr

• Thom Glick Illustration
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2010, 01:55:38 pm »
I'm embracing the somewhat nihilistic nature of riding motorcycles. I always wear long pants, usually jeans. Always over-the-ankle footwear, usually my kevlar armored riding boots. I always wear gloves, but my gloves don't have armor; they're just semi-thick leather riding gloves. I always wear a helmet, sometimes it's a full-face helmet, most of the time it's a 3/4 helmet with full face shield. Depending on the temperature and distance I'm riding, I might wear a t-shirt or like 5 layers of t-shirt, thermal, flannel, heavy military wax jacket.

I've been riding motorcycles for about a year. I'm a newb. But, I've been riding/racing/training on bicycles for over a decade. I've hit the ground wearing a helmet, spandex shorts and a thin cotton jersey at over 20 mph, so I know how horrible it is to hit the ground... and how potentially more horrible it will be when I hit the ground or other moving objects at 30, 40, 65+ mph. I ride my motorcycle like I'm riding a bicycle; I assume no one can see me, everyone is going to pull out in front of me, cut me off, merge into my lane without looking, rear end me, stop short, etc... so I do a lot of watching and anticipating, which I know won't always work, but it's already saved my ass a few times in my short time as a motorcyclist.

Can anyone make recommendations on affordable lightweight armored gear? I'd love to be more safe, but I work in an office, so I can't wear jeans all the time or show up all sweaty all the time either... plus I'm poor, so gear has to be affordable.

Eithr
1971 Honda CB450K
1972 Honda CB350F

Offline weekend_junkie

• I bet you think I'm some
  • Hot Shot
  • Member # 15859
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2010, 02:47:05 pm »
Can anyone make recommendations on affordable lightweight armored gear? I'd love to be more safe, but I work in an office, so I can't wear jeans all the time or show up all sweaty all the time either... plus I'm poor, so gear has to be affordable.
Get ready to be poorer.  You can look into an Aerostich 1-piece that will go over whatever you are wearing.  They come armored and weatherproof-sih.  $300 on ebay is a good price.  I saw a guy in my office putting one on over his suit and tie one day and I said to him "I bet you ride a BMW" and I was correct.  Classy.  Then again, it's all part of the BMW look.
Dan
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer / 1981 CB900F / 2002 VFR800 / 1973 CB350F / 1973 CB350F mistake / 1976 CB360T Cafe /1976 CB200 Cafe / 1989 GL1500 w/ sidecar / 1949 IMZ w/ sidecar

Offline famoussas1

• Enthusiast
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2010, 08:31:14 pm »
i rock a full face helmet, leather gloves and jeans always. most of the time its shoes, but once the heat subsides boots are my intention.  saving for a nice leather jacket with some armor.  i feel naked without my helmet though, prob. a good thing cuz i dont wanna knock my melon anytime soon.

really like the alpinestars ATL leather jacket. still unsure but just saw an episode of "twist the throttle" got me lookin at their products.

Offline Frostyboy

• Retired: Never was an
  • Expert
  • Circa 1951
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2010, 10:19:48 pm »
Nolan N102 helmet, black leather jacket that I've had forever, lace up boots, leather/kevlar gloves with knuckle armor & Starider jeans. Jeans are fully kevlar lined, no patches so you can wear em anywhere. Mine are black but they don't seem to available at the moment. If you're a size 30" or 42" blue denim are on special at the moment for $99 AUD at
http://starider.com.au/shoppingcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=135. Down from $185.

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators.
We haven't met yet.
[CB550F1]

JTFormula

« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2010, 05:32:24 am »
Early in the post someone said something about that punk look and wanted an Accused patch on their jacket. When I first started to ride, I was about 24 years old. My bike was a 1976 CB500t. I was the guy with the jeans jacket with the 7 Seconds patch on the back, green and black Nam boots with my Jeans tucked into them, 70's style metallic red open face helmet (it was prob from the 70's or early 80's) and some kind of Dead Kennedys/Metallica/Decendents/Meatmen type t-shirt. I though I was a bad arse biker.

Then I bought a Bieffe full face since my open face was older then dirt. I went to a motorcycle swap meet and bought half finger leather gloves. I still rode with the Nam boots, t-Shirt and Jeans. Sometimes shorts but I mostly had jeans.

Jump ahead to today... I still have that full face helmet although I am looking to replace it with two new ones. One for me and one for the wife for long distance and highway riding. I just bought a brand new Bell half helmet for local slower speed cruising (I do live on the Jersey Shore), clear riding goggles for night riding as I use my sunglasses for daytime riding, a MotoGP Mesh full armor jacket with zip in rain and cold weather liners, still use those half finger gloves, steel toe work boots, and jeans.

What I see a lot is these idiots with non DOT German helmets on sport bikes with tank tops, shorts, low sneakers with their girlfriends on the back with real short shorts, tanks, and flip flops with some non DOT half helmet. And they are doing 90 mph on the Parkway. We call them organ donors.

Offline Atlantic

« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2010, 07:51:50 am »
Style matters   :-*

You have to go with the bike. This is me with my Buell in 2006 ... before I got back into old bikes/classics. (as you can tell - totally candid shot).

Offline sangyo soichiro

• Tuck
  • Master
  • ☢ the atomic playboy ☠
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2010, 08:50:25 am »
Style matters   :-*

You have to go with the bike. This is me with my Buell in 2006 ... before I got back into old bikes/classics. (as you can tell - totally candid shot).

Nice jacket.  I have the Vintage Flattrack Daytona.  (I'm going to point that out every chance I get.   ::) ;D)
1974 CB 750
1972 CB 750 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,57974.0.html
1971 CL 350 Scrambler
1966 Black Bomber
Too many others to name…
My cross country trip: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,138625.0.html

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2010, 11:58:31 pm »
I have the Icon jacket in the photo as well.  I really like it.  Skulls weren't my thing though, i cut mine off.
ive always cut the epuletes?or what ever they are shoulder little press stud straps your supposed to carry your gloves in?off my leather jackets even when brand new!

Offline campbmic

• Sea-Foam and Flaming 151 is a dam good
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2010, 12:45:32 pm »
I just rode from Dallas to Brownsville in one day wearing shorts and a t-shirt -.- I did have a full face helmet though!
Its hard to be wrong when you know nothing!

Offline Rio_CB750

• Enthusiast
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2010, 04:45:26 pm »
Now that's impressive, having lived in Weslaco (halfway between Harlingen and McAllen) for seven years, all I can say is I hope you did it in the winter!  I owned an 80 MBG and never had to put the roof up. Great motorcycle weather, although hardly every saw folks on them.
1972 CB750 - Briar Brown - stock
1972 CB750 - Rust - currently a basketcase

Offline Industrial Cafe

• Like a well oiled
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • [Brian] I've got something to say about that!
    • Undead Asphalt
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2010, 05:38:57 am »
I'm still in jeans, a t-shirt, and a pudding bowl.

one day when I value my life more than cool parts... ;D
everything I say is pure speculation and
I have no idea what I'm talking about  ._.

Marla              .:71CB750:.CAFE

Offline BoneDaddy

• Mountain Mischief Maker
  • Glad to the bone
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2010, 06:47:04 am »
Friends say I look like an extra in a Mad Max movie when I ride.

Not sure if that's a compliment or not...
"Braaaaaains!"
-Tar Man