Author Topic: Project Rina ------ the scooter intimidator!  (Read 27411 times)

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
  • Yes its a Honda You got an F'in problem with that?
Re: Project Rina ------ Watch me push her buttons (O.o)
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2009, 06:03:25 pm »
Anybody that wants to wire up new switches I would be happy to share my knowledge... or maybe offer my services.  Either way its 1000 times better then the stock switches for fit and feel.  The pull cable is the stock Honda CB cable adapted to the gixxer throttle housing but the push cable is I believe is a pull cable I got from a shadow    It does bolt up and is safe (plus I get a push cable adjustment too)  All in all not bad for 25 bucks worth of parts n all.

Can the stock cables not be used?

Brandon

In my situation with these exact handle bar switches the stock pull cable could be used... but to be honest I really don't remember the reason I didn't use the stock push cable... but there was a reason.

oop! that's the sound of a deal breaking...

lol  :D
Really I would rather give advice... less hassle that way; but I know how people run and scream at the sight of wires.  The ones that cringe at the thought of snipping and stripping wires and never picked up a soldering iron before.
Project Rina

That is an inconceivably egregious transgression against my rudimentary concordance of socially shunned individuals.

Offline manjisann

• Hazardous Chemical Inhalation
  • Master
Re: Project Rina ------ Watch me push her buttons (O.o)
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2009, 06:20:14 pm »
 :'(  But I LOVE my stock cables!!!!  ;D  Nah, I was just wondering why the stock push cable couldn't be used. I'll seriously consider these, or I was thinking of a control panel off of a 747 just to make things interesting  ;)

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1973 CB500 K2 - Sold the bike and bought a Mig, Miss the bike, Love the Mig :D
1980 CB650 Custom
1971 CB500 Frame 650 engine: Project

Trip and General Ramblings blog: manjisann.blogspot.com

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
Re: Project Rina ------ lost some weight...not on purpose
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2009, 05:49:16 am »
On my way home from work yesterday the right side panel that covers the airbox flew off at some point.  I think it crossed the space time continuum though as I could not find it when I went back for it.  Its frikkin red WTF

Also with no balls below 3000RPM really started to piss me off so I took the carbs off for a few changes.

Main jets 100 => 110
fuel screws 3 turns => 2 turns

Found that my accelerator pump valve was seized in the open position.  #$%*in A.... I drilled out the brass keeper and cleaned it all out.  Using a piece of metal I managed to fashion a make-shift piece to hold the spring and ball in.  Put it all back together then did a carb sync and she runs much better.

filled the tank and the EST MPG = 47.95  I will report if that changes with the new mods.

On a side note... the idle isn't rich anymore.  Not sure but my theory is with the new main jets and the fuel screw adjustment I was able to turn the idle screw down a lot.  Therefore the main jet contributes less fuel when at idle... Maybe
Project Rina

That is an inconceivably egregious transgression against my rudimentary concordance of socially shunned individuals.

Offline manjisann

• Master
Re: Project Rina ------ lost some weight...
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2009, 06:03:00 am »
AAAHHHH next to getting hit or laying the bike down, losing a cover is my worst nightmare!! (well that or hush coming to my house with a herd of creapy eyed sheep.) Were you missing a tab or something? I have a couple right side side covers. One of them has all the tabs but is cracked and would need to be repaired, if you want that one I'd sell it to ya for uber cheap. Or I have a really good one with all the tabs and no cracks that I'd sell to ya for half of what I paid for the set. PM me if interested, I'm trying to not turn your thread into my used parts sales sheet.

Good luck with the carbs, hopefully your fix will work! I decided to forgo the thrills of these carbs after reading too many horror stories about them. Some day I'll pick up another 650 and keep it stock, and get all the joys of the carbs.

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2009, 07:43:52 am »
AAAHHHH next to getting hit or laying the bike down, losing a cover is my worst nightmare!! (well that or hush coming to my house with a herd of creapy eyed sheep.) Were you missing a tab or something? I have a couple right side side covers. One of them has all the tabs but is cracked and would need to be repaired, if you want that one I'd sell it to ya for uber cheap. Or I have a really good one with all the tabs and no cracks that I'd sell to ya for half of what I paid for the set. PM me if interested, I'm trying to not turn your thread into my used parts sales sheet.

Good luck with the carbs, hopefully your fix will work! I decided to forgo the thrills of these carbs after reading too many horror stories about them. Some day I'll pick up another 650 and keep it stock, and get all the joys of the carbs.

Brandon

thanks man, However I don't know if the C model covers would fit?

Yes it was missing a tab.  I'm upset but not devistated.  At least it was the right side that covers the airbox and not the left side that covers the electronics.

I'm not really sure yet what I will do.  If I get my way I want to make an aluminum side cover and extend the intake snorkel out. 
Project Rina

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2009, 09:21:31 am »
  If I get my way I want to make an aluminum side cover and extend the intake snorkel out. 

Aluminum would be cool! Would you make a mold and pour it, or fab it from sheet? I wonder if I could do this with some sheet metal, course then if it ever came off at high speed I'd have to worry about it going through someones windshield.

Brandon

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2009, 10:41:00 am »
  If I get my way I want to make an aluminum side cover and extend the intake snorkel out. 

Aluminum would be cool! Would you make a mold and pour it, or fab it from sheet? I wonder if I could do this with some sheet metal, course then if it ever came off at high speed I'd have to worry about it going through someones windshield.

Brandon

definitly sheet metal.  That would be a winter thing though.  It would have to be pretty heavy to crack someone's windshield
Project Rina

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2009, 01:55:42 pm »
I have a treat for y'all..  after work I get to Rina and start her up.... something interesting happend...

yes that is a scooter... with an alarm... and flame stickers... and yes Rina can set the alarm off at will.  I think it was intimidated by a REAL motorcycle it would go off with Rina at idle too :D  cheered me right up

no I don't know the owner... maybe a good thing.  ;D

I could have done that all day but didn't want to run the guys battery down  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:59:48 pm by razor02097 »
Project Rina

Offline CBJoe

• Master
Re: Project Rina ------ the scooter intimidator!
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:10 pm »
That's hilarious  ;D

It's like pushing the red button of doom.... If that were me, you'd hear little Peter Griffin laughs between every start and stop  ;D
'07 Bonneville Black
'15 Moto Guzzi California 1400
CB750K2 Hot Rod Revival http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,171693.0.html
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2009, 03:30:03 pm »
first off, the picture of the little kitty is great! i have 6 cats here, all but one are rescues or strays. those gixxer mufflers arent the ones with the catalytic converter built in are they?
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2009, 09:09:39 pm »
8) I love it!  proof positive that a nice 650 is a badass summ#$%*. :D
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2009, 05:15:44 am »
CBJoe:  If you listen in the begining I did chuckle a little  :)

bucky katt: welcome to the tread 8)  that was a pic of my cat 3 years ago he is much bigger and definitly wouldn't fit in the helment  :)   and no the mufflers don't have catalytic converters.

Kit:  Its true and big time proof you don't need open exhaust to set off alarms  8)
Project Rina

Offline manjisann

• Master
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2009, 05:58:14 am »
HAHAHAHA reminds me of the guy that used to park his tin top outside the woodworking shop when I was in highschool. He had an alarm and guys would go out all during class and set it off, and they weren't near as nice as you, they did run the battery down  ;D

I've heard of Harley riders who will go into a covered multilevel parking and rev it just to see how many alarms they can set off  :D

Anyhow, that was awesome.

Brandon

1980 CB650 Custom

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2010, 05:45:30 am »
bumpity bump...

Rina has come out to play, although kicking and screaming out of bed.  Going from a slumbering Rina to a roar was....well....interesting. 

The battery came off the charger and into the bike.  I also hooked up assistance in the form of a deep cycle Optima. 

Twisted the throttle twice, pulled the choke out and hit the start button.  Crank crank crank bzzZZZZzzzzz.... WTF was that?  Sounded like starter clutch... great...  tried again.  Crank crank Vroom!!  Before could finish my sentance "well that was ea..."  Pleah...  OK expected that... hit the start button again... crank crank crank crank.... silence...again... crank crank poot poot crank....ah $#&%.  Twisted throttle again then pushed start... c..ra.n..k c.r.a.n.k...c.r..an..k....c..r..a..n..k.....WTF?

Turns out the deep cycle battery was... well... lacking... more like old as #$%#.  Ditched the helper battery and put Rina's battery back on charge. *Fast forward 3 hours*  Installed battery back in, twisted throttle twice.  Hit button,  crank crank VrooOOOomm.. *idle* *idle* *idle* *idle* *idle* *idle* *idle* Hooray!

Moral of the story... typical woman... "I don't need help, I can take care of myself!"

OK... my fault  :D

Mostly riding to work right now.  Hella fun!

just thought I'd give an update  ;)
Project Rina

Offline Old75_ratafe

• CB750 Cave Spelunking
  • Expert
  • 1975 CB750K
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2010, 02:21:11 pm »
Hey Razor you said your new controls are off a "05 gixxer"?  I bought a set a few years ago guy said they were off a Honda CB series... But wasn't sure on the model... I take it the blinkers stay on till u hit the center switch?
1975 CB750K
Project Back in Black

Sent from my Texas Instruments TI99/4A Computer

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2010, 02:32:59 pm »
Correct.  The controls are nicer to operate than the old ones
Project Rina

Offline Old75_ratafe

• CB750 Cave Spelunking
  • Expert
  • 1975 CB750K
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2010, 10:35:29 pm »
Hmm maybe next summer when I switch to the euro super sport bars and newer master cyl for the dual disk I'll mount them up they look nice but I'm still kinda going with the old skool controls for now.  Looks good on yours.
1975 CB750K
Project Back in Black

Sent from my Texas Instruments TI99/4A Computer