Author Topic: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club  (Read 568462 times)

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 07:58:27 am »
C'pn, are you going to have a rough idea of the number attending breakfast. If its a few then I see no prob, but if there is a bunch of interest then Susans might need a heads up. Tell them we are a knitting club if you call.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 08:48:39 am »
C'pn, are you going to have a rough idea of the number attending breakfast. If its a few then I see no prob, but if there is a bunch of interest then Susans might need a heads up. Tell them we are a knitting club if you call.

We are on the same page. I guess we will have to give it a little while to find out how many, but if there are quite a few we can call ahead for the NWA Vintage Knitting Club. It's not my fault we all just so happen to ride motorbikes and look tuff.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:18 am »
Ha ha! Nice. I'll start looking for a nice old man jacket. Oh yeah, I may not be able to make it. I may be going to OK that weekend to see a friend. Still not a positive thing. I'll know as it gets closer.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 09:25:38 am »
Ha ha! Nice. I'll start looking for a nice old man jacket. Oh yeah, I may not be able to make it. I may be going to OK that weekend to see a friend. Still not a positive thing. I'll know as it gets closer.

There is always next month, and just wear a cardigan.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:02 am »
I just wanted to bump this back up on here so people remember.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 09:59:52 am »
I just wanted to bump this back up on here so people remember.

I haven't heard from that many people that plan to attend yet, so I assume the count to be fairly low. Hopefully I can still acquire my buddy's SV to ride up with.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 10:14:44 am »
I'll be there. I have a little leak, but it's not that bad.

Roach Carver, do you want to meet up and ride there together?

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:02 pm »
That leak that you have.... do you need an antibiotic? Is just a leak or is it also burning?  also would you describe this leak / discharge as thin and watery or viscous.

If I ride that would be great. If it is raining and cold you can be sure that I will be driving. Thats how I roll....                       in a car.....               

if its cold.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 07:40:36 am »
My friend has some gasket paper so I can make a new gasket. I broke the gasket on my alternator cover when I replaced all that. So I guess the answer is that my friend has an antibiotic I can use.  ;D

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:55 am »
Think we should designate a meet spot to help identify each other?

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 08:24:37 am »
I thought we were all going to wear a carnation. I will be wearing a tshirt with a mortorcycle on it, so that people can tell I like motorcycles. I guess we could meet out front at 9 25??

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 09:25:56 am »
I thought we were all going to wear a carnation. I will be wearing a tshirt with a mortorcycle on it, so that people can tell I like motorcycles. I guess we could meet out front at 9 25??

Carnations are SOOO last month....

I'll just wear my usual fishnet shirt and cutoff capri pants.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 05:27:44 pm »
I would say that was a success. What about a short ride when everyone can. A ride through devils den possibly?

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 07:31:03 pm »
I would say that was a success. What about a short ride when everyone can. A ride through devils den possibly?

Agreed. I need to gather everyone's email address to get a mailing list going for future meets so we can get an estimate on head count(dumb idea). Looks like the 30th will be the last Saturday of April, so mark your calenders for the next one. Any ideas on the next meeting place?

Not sure about a ride for me at the moment. No running bike until I finish the KZ. I may be able to borrow my buddy's SV though. 

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 08:09:54 pm »
If its over 750 cc's then forget it. suggestions for places to eat, Adams on his huge deck, Also "on the corner" over by the drive in in fayetteville is usually not horribly busy (they have rats). I dont care where though (BV, rogers, fay, vanburen).......I just want to eat.

We could meet somewhere and ride to eat.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 08:29:34 pm »
If its over 750 cc's then forget it. suggestions for places to eat, Adams on his huge deck, Also "on the corner" over by the drive in in fayetteville is usually not horribly busy (they have rats). I dont care where though (BV, rogers, fay, vanburen).......I just want to eat.

We could meet somewhere and ride to eat.

I'm not sure Adam's deck is as large as he's leading on, but I still wanna sit on it.

We could ride and eat at the same time. Hot Pocket anyone?

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 07:57:02 am »
Ha ha! Diarrhea pockets! I'm pretty sure my deck's big enough for all who would join, but my kitchen is way too small. There is a new Waffle House on Dixon now. It's right at the bottom of the nice, fancy new condos. I bet they just love that. Village Inn has some pretty big tables too.  May even get to see Fire at work. I really don't know any places in any of the surrounding cities. I usually stay if Fayetteville when I go out.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 06:04:53 am »
Cathy's Corner is a good breakfast spot in Siloam as well. That could be a decent ride out from Fayetteville.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 06:13:15 am »
I'm down for whatever. My wife suggested that we go somewhere she can get a bloody mary. Maybe it'll be a nice day and we can go for a ride afterward. I can stoke a fire in the hot tub before we go so we can loosen our muscles after the ride. ;D

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 07:05:25 am »
I'm down for whatever. My wife suggested that we go somewhere she can get a bloody mary. Maybe it'll be a nice day and we can go for a ride afterward. I can stoke a fire in the hot tub before we go so we can loosen our muscles after the ride. ;D

Should we switch up to lunch spots then?

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 07:30:46 am »
Well, Saturday is one of two days a week I get to sleep in, but it really doesn't matter to me. I don't really sleep in very late anyway. I can't stand bloody marys, so it doesn't bother me to not have one. I would have A beer with lunch. I'm not much of a drinker when I'm riding. I think that's a good thing. I guess if we switched to lunch we'd have to change to name to N.W. Arkansas Lunch Club. Then maybe my wife wouldn't call me an old man for being part of a breakfast club. I guess that wouldn't matter too much to you since you wear that hat though. ;) By the way, I really thought you were going to tell that old lady what people call that hat.  ;D

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 07:54:24 am »
We were in Springdale. Probably best that you had your filter on. That old lady would have probably had a stroke. I am up for whatever (except the sausage fest hot tub party((unless its a time machine hot tub))). The nice thing about early meets is that the streets are fairly clear and most of the drunk teenagers are at home asleep by the toilet.

C.A.-Whats left to get that bike running.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:49 am »
I prefer an earlier meet as well.

I think the lady just wanted to hook up with me, but felt a little overwhelmed by the crowd. Happens all the time.

My bike lacks wiring, front brake shoes, shortened cables, fork seals/fluid, battery box and misc. electrical brackets. Also need to make a new seat pan, since I destroyed another one last night. It's really not much, just need to get it done.

Currently it looks like so...

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 12:15:27 pm »
I saw a seat like this one at Academy sports. It was in the boating section of all places. I gues they dont have a scoot section so that was the logical place,. anyhooo, I photopainted it so you could see how it looks.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 12:30:04 pm »
I forgot to mention, they have other colors if the red/white does'nt do it for ya.