Author Topic: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club  (Read 568516 times)

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
Re: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 12:53:25 pm »
I just pulled my 81 440 out of the basement. It went totally underwater, but you may be able to use some of the parts. Let me know if you want to check it out. I'm not trying to sell any of it. You can have the parts you need if they're usable. I don't think it has a seat pan, but it may have a battery box.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:57:58 pm by Radam »

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2011, 01:51:54 pm »
I saw a seat like this one at Academy sports. It was in the boating section of all places. I gues they dont have a scoot section so that was the logical place,. anyhooo, I photopainted it so you could see how it looks.

That's exactly the look I was going after, but since it is a John Deere themed bike, it needs to be yellow/green combo. Possibly Mossy Oak camo if they have it since I may go the Rambo route instead..

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2011, 01:55:06 pm »
I just pulled my 81 440 out of the basement. It went totally underwater, but you may be able to use some of the parts. Let me know if you want to check it out. I'm not trying to sell any of it. You can have the parts you need if they're usable. I don't think it has a seat pan, but it may have a battery box.

I'm in. What's the story on the motor? I've thought about bumping my topend up to 440 next winter if I get a chance. I'm sure there are other parts I could use as well, so I'll check it out and see if it's worth anything. I don't mind tossing you a few bucks for it either.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2011, 02:04:33 pm »
It's over at a friends house (where I usually work on my bike) but you can come check it out whenever. I may be over there one day this weekend. The motor was free when I got the bike, but then I had it in the basement at my old place and it flooded all the way over the bike. I haven't checked to see if the motor is still free. If we hook it up to a battery we should be able to find out. If the electronic ignition still works. Remember, this thing was totally submerged for at least a month, so don't get your hopes too high.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2011, 02:16:46 pm »
It's over at a friends house (where I usually work on my bike) but you can come check it out whenever. I may be over there one day this weekend. The motor was free when I got the bike, but then I had it in the basement at my old place and it flooded all the way over the bike. I haven't checked to see if the motor is still free. If we hook it up to a battery we should be able to find out. If the electronic ignition still works. Remember, this thing was totally submerged for at least a month, so don't get your hopes too high.

Sounds cool to me. Is it an LTD or the standard kz440?

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2011, 02:23:15 pm »
I think it's the LTD, but I don't remember? I got it as a project after one of my old bikes got stolen about 4 years ago then I got another bike... I had the book for it too, but gave it to a friend who has a kz400. I told him he could take parts too, but he hasn't seemed very interested so far. I can show you what there is whenever. Just give me a call. Did you get my PM?

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2011, 02:30:27 pm »
I think it's the LTD, but I don't remember? I got it as a project after one of my old bikes got stolen about 4 years ago then I got another bike... I had the book for it too, but gave it to a friend who has a kz400. I told him he could take parts too, but he hasn't seemed very interested so far. I can show you what there is whenever. Just give me a call. Did you get my PM?

Yarp. Got it. I'll give you a shout this weekend if time permits.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »
Trans fluid and acetone in the cylinders. Most likely gonna be stuck hard though me thinks. If either of you two need any cb parts check with me first.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2011, 06:00:38 am »
Any cb350 parts by chance?

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, 07:14:02 am »
My buddy has a cb350 twin that is a project. I'm pretty sure he'd sell the whole thing for cheap. He's also got a cb360 that runs that he's thinking of selling. All these bikes I've told you about are at the same place. You can check them all out if you make it to F-ville.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 07:30:37 am »
My buddy has a cb350 twin that is a project. I'm pretty sure he'd sell the whole thing for cheap. He's also got a cb360 that runs that he's thinking of selling. All these bikes I've told you about are at the same place. You can check them all out if you make it to F-ville.

I may be interested in both. I think I am free most of Sunday if that's open for you.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2011, 07:47:30 am »
Anyone been to Uncle Gaylord's Mountain Cafe in Fayetteville?

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2011, 07:54:07 am »
I'm sure I can at least take the time to go over there Sunday. I may be there all day on Saturday working on my bike. I'm still not sure which day I'll be working on mine. I want to paint my headers, so I was thinking of going on Saturday since there's chance of rain on Sunday. My friend is going out of town this weekend, but he may be back by Sunday. If not you can still look at them then talk to him about it over the phone if you're interested. I just sent him a message telling him you want to check them out and he said that he's not sure if he wants to sell the 360. What time do you think you'd be out on Sunday?

Uncle Gaylord's is real good! It's kind of a small menu, but good. It's walking distance from my house too.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2011, 08:13:38 am »
I'm sure I can at least take the time to go over there Sunday. I may be there all day on Saturday working on my bike. I'm still not sure which day I'll be working on mine. I want to paint my headers, so I was thinking of going on Saturday since there's chance of rain on Sunday. My friend is going out of town this weekend, but he may be back by Sunday. If not you can still look at them then talk to him about it over the phone if you're interested. I just sent him a message telling him you want to check them out and he said that he's not sure if he wants to sell the 360. What time do you think you'd be out on Sunday?

Uncle Gaylord's is real good! It's kind of a small menu, but good. It's walking distance from my house too.

Not sure on time yet, but I'll see if I can pin down a window, or just let me know what time works best for you.

I'm thinking of using Uncle Gaylord's as the next meet spot, but haven't been. We could ride out to Devil's Den afterwards or maybe even a stretch of the Pig Trail.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2011, 08:20:26 am »
My friend said that if you want to come by later in the day he might be able to make it, but you're welcome to come look at whenever. He said he still may not be back before dark anyway though, so it's up to you. He doesn't live far from me so I can meet you whenever.

Gaylord's has my vote.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2011, 08:33:30 am »
Gaylord's has my vote.

Gaylord's it is!

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2011, 08:41:20 am »
Nice! I wonder if we should tell them ahead of time that we'll need a table for about 10+ people? I may be able to get 5 or so people in town to go. I'll start putting the word out to see who all will go for sure. I know 3 other than me that will.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2011, 08:45:31 am »
Nice! I wonder if we should tell them ahead of time that we'll need a table for about 10+ people? I may be able to get 5 or so people in town to go. I'll start putting the word out to see who all will go for sure. I know 3 other than me that will.

I'm going to try and get a RSVP kinda thing going this time to get a better head count. Post up how many you know are going, and the week before we can let Uncle G know.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »
I think uncle gaylord is dead.? His "friend" runs it now. Gaylords suits me fine. It can be busy though. Since (R)Adam lives close maybe he can get over there at about 6 with ten coats and or purses and save us a table.  Dont have any specific cb350 parts. have some 750 stuff but sometimes things interchange (like gas line and old motor oil)

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2011, 08:02:50 am »
I think uncle gaylord is dead.? His "friend" runs it now. Gaylords suits me fine. It can be busy though. Since (R)Adam lives close maybe he can get over there at about 6 with ten coats and or purses and save us a table.  Dont have any specific cb350 parts. have some 750 stuff but sometimes things interchange (like gas line and old motor oil)

I have some spare coats for Radam if need be.

Has anyone seen my fanny pack? I think I left it at Susan's.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »

Hey guys, I can't do any kind of weekend rides, as I have my Daughter and  a "Special Needs" young man who I work with on the weekend too. (besides, my Daughter also is "Special Needs"). But, if you all wouldn't mind, We could meet up for breakfast sometimes, or something.  But, I'd have to come in the Charger. The 23rd, we have a Car Show in Greenwood and then on the 30 of April, we have a Car Show at the Golden Corral in Fort Smith. Got one at Ben Geren Park this weekend, but I just don't have the energy to detail the car out and then the 3 of us stay there for several hours. Thought I'd throw that out there, if anyone thought they wanted to go. The one on the 30th, will not only have members from our club GPMM (Great Plainz Modern Mopars), but the Corvette & the Mustang Clubs will also be there.   
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2011, 04:12:33 pm »
me and my dad ate a place called "grandma's cafe" or something along those lines this weekend. We rode out past winslow and it was on the right. good food lots of room and breakfast buffet was 6.95 with coffee. quite a few other bikes there as well.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2011, 06:39:19 pm »
Hey Cap'n, here is a pic of the 81 Kaw 440 (submarine)

The beer by it was also found in my old fridge that we used to keep our homebrews in. That was before I found out about the flooding in the basement.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2011, 07:57:21 am »
me and my dad ate a place called "grandma's cafe" or something along those lines this weekend. We rode out past winslow and it was on the right. good food lots of room and breakfast buffet was 6.95 with coffee. quite a few other bikes there as well.

Sounds like we can add that to the list and go there for the May meet. I just read some good reviews on it. There is also a place in Prairie Creek called Log Cabin Pizza that has a decent/cheap breakfast buffet that sounds pretty similar. A lot of good roads out that way as well.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2011, 07:58:25 am »
Hey Cap'n, here is a pic of the 81 Kaw 440 (submarine)
The beer by it was also found in my old fridge that we used to keep our homebrews in. That was before I found out about the flooding in the basement.

Looks pretty rough. I wonder if any of the CDI ignition is any good. Been thinking about switching to electronic from points, and that should have the parts needed to swap.