Author Topic: "INSPIRATION GALLERY "  (Read 2184600 times)

Offline SKTP

• Master
Re: "INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8175 on: June 29, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »
1978k rebuild thread http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68423.0
BIKE OF THE MONTH - OCTOBER 2017
2003 Ducati M800ie
1997 Honda CR-V
2004 Honda CR-V
1966 Honda S90

Offline Godffery

• Godffery's Garage
  • Expert
  • Wisdom brings a realization of how little we know.
    • Godffery's Garage hosted by VinMoto.org
« Reply #8176 on: June 29, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »

Some nice work going into this one.
http://www.coopersmithingco.com/duell.html

Isn't that a bit like putting a john deere motor in a ferrari...?

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8177 on: June 30, 2012, 08:42:10 am »
 No, its a bit more like moving in with a girl that if easy to live with, and fun to be around, as opposed to the trophy girlfriend that ishigh mantainence, and a biotch to be around...
 Speaking of the John Deeres of the bike world, I think most of this forum, is riding the equivilant... just my honest opinion..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline Industrial Rat400f Killer

• Be careful you might get a
  • Expert
« Reply #8178 on: June 30, 2012, 08:59:19 am »
No, its a bit more like moving in with a girl that if easy to live with, and fun to be around, as opposed to the trophy girlfriend that ishigh mantainence, and a biotch to be around...
 Speaking of the John Deeres of the bike world, I think most of this forum, is riding the equivilant... just my honest opinion..

Haha that's spot on sir.

Offline crazypj

• I'm brill, me
  • Old Timer
  • first 100,000 miles. 1977 CB550F
« Reply #8179 on: June 30, 2012, 09:34:35 am »
Yep, the Buell motor will be about 30~40 mph slower but much easier to service, plus, how many people here actually ride at 100mph, let alone 140+? (I know some do on a regular basis but definitely NOT the majority)
I fake being smart pretty good
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Offline veloracermike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8180 on: June 30, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »

Yes the majority of us are riding vintage motorcycles, few of us have taken our 30+ year old power plants and put them into a 1000RR chasis.  Sorry but putting a 350 small block into a Enzo may lower your maintenance costs but it also turns your Enzo into a carbon fiber brick. 
WTB 400F Motor! PM me if you've got one!!!!!!!

Offline Mtmooradian

• Hot Shot
"INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8181 on: June 30, 2012, 12:53:16 pm »
Buell motor?!?   The worst engine ever.... Shakes like a paint mixer, shifts like Massey ferguson, has the worst rpm range, and I little part of you dies when it starts making good power(cause it hits the rev limiter .25 seconds later)........ I'd rather kick the empty frame around and make motor noises....

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8182 on: June 30, 2012, 12:55:02 pm »
 I am not mincing here, I MEAN we are riding the cheapest built, lowest power common vintage bike.... but itss fun cuz there is lotsa stuff and we can double our hp  for the price of 5 tuneups on a 999 or less.. Dont underestimate a built Sporty (not a Buell) motor they make hp and HUGE torque..
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline Mtmooradian

• Hot Shot
"INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8183 on: June 30, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »
I know, but in a sportster frame.....you don't put 7.3 power stroke in mustang. Harley has no business putting a motor in a sport bike...... Nice bobber or a bagger yeah. Rule of thumb... Push rod = cruiser, ohv = sport bike
;)

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #8184 on: June 30, 2012, 04:24:18 pm »
How about this deification on a classic cafe racer.

Chopper guys need to stick to building chopper bikes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:26:16 pm by ffJMoore »

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8185 on: June 30, 2012, 04:40:29 pm »

Yes the majority of us are riding vintage motorcycles, few of us have taken our 30+ year old power plants and put them into a 1000RR chasis.  Sorry but putting a 350 small block into a Enzo may lower your maintenance costs but it also turns your Enzo into a carbon fiber brick.

Not so my friend, the Ford GT40 Mid engined V8 made the Ferrari's look like Taxi's, proven formula { and built almost exactly the same 40+ years later}...  Look at the HP figures from some of those  Ferrari's, pretty easy to get those numbers from a 350 Chevy....
A 100hp SOHC in a modern chassis would still be a lot of fun to ride.   ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline veloracermike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8186 on: June 30, 2012, 07:46:27 pm »

Not so my friend, the Ford GT40 Mid engined V8 made the Ferrari's look like Taxi's, proven formula { and built almost exactly the same 40+ years later}...  Look at the HP figures from some of those  Ferrari's, pretty easy to get those numbers from a 350 Chevy....
A 100hp SOHC in a modern chassis would still be a lot of fun to ride.   ;)

Read my analogy. Then look at the numbers from and Enzo.  Tell me what you'd have to do to a normally aspirated small block Chevy to achieve a reliable 651hp 7800 rpm.   Even in the lower HP Ferraris those power plants weigh a lot less than 350 and like most sports cars it's about power to weight. 

Offline Mtmooradian

• Hot Shot
"INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8187 on: June 30, 2012, 08:25:04 pm »

Here's a car I'm working on now, TVR with a slightly modified small block ford.
Puts out 825hp.... Car weights in at 2200lbs...... Probally could take an Enzo..

Offline Mtmooradian

• Hot Shot
"INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8188 on: June 30, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »

Puts out 825hp.... Car weights in at 2200lbs...... Probally could take an Enzo..

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #8189 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:10 pm »
Stop Yelling! we heard you the first time. >:(           ;)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8190 on: July 01, 2012, 12:12:41 am »
Read my analogy. Then look at the numbers from and Enzo.  Tell me what you'd have to do to a normally aspirated small block Chevy to achieve a reliable 651hp 7800 rpm.   Even in the lower HP Ferraris those power plants weigh a lot less than 350 and like most sports cars it's about power to weight. 

Mate , i'm not too sure how much you know about small block chevy's but they are cheap to build and quite easy to get those numbers reliably. You can buy alloy heads and even alloy blocks.  Have a look at prototype sports cars, they easily put out that much power and more using 350's, i would also like to see weight figures for a V12 Ferrari, wouldn't be that much difference.  A quick Google says that the enzo engine is around 500lbs, the small block Chev is only 20 lbs more at 520lbs, throw on alloy heads and its already lighter than the Ferrari {and a sh1t load cheaper}. There are also literally 1000's of good quality after market parts for the Chev, can't say that about the Ferrari. I could probably build 10 cars with similar or better power to weight ratio's using Chev power for the price of one Ferrari...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8191 on: July 01, 2012, 12:26:46 am »
 When I was talking about built Sporty engines earlier, I was mostly referring to how liveable/cheap it could be in the Duc chassis...
 But hey, I am all for a bit of experimenting, and mixing a motor you like with a chassis you like/hope will perform... continue..
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8192 on: July 01, 2012, 12:30:19 am »
When I was talking about built Sporty engines earlier, I was mostly referring to how liveable/cheap it could be in the Duc chassis...
 But hey, I am all for a bit of experimenting, and mixing a motor you like with a chassis you like/hope will perform... continue..

I agree, seen some scary fast 650 Honda singles in late 1980's 2 stroke RGV frames....  I have been wanting a mid 80's Aussie model CBX 750 Honda frame to play with, they have a oil filled round section main tube in the frame, sort of Egli like, with a monoshock rear, nice looking frame...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline the technological J

• Master
  • deliciouso!
« Reply #8193 on: July 01, 2012, 12:52:12 pm »

some more info here please! more the better, im dreaming of a some day build and you might be who im taking after at least engine chassis wise
70 KO...sold to fund the ST http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=88800.0(Alpha)
74 Kaw 250 Enduro http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=124278.0
K4 added to collection! http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=104784.0
78 750K... http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=60257.0 (Omega)sold to fund the K4
94 ST1100..Gone
72 750 K2 Stay tuned!

Offline veloracermike

• Hot Shot
"INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8194 on: July 01, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
Mate I don't know how much you know about Enzo's but once you put that small block into one you'd have a brick. No semi auto gearbox traction control adjustable ride height etc.  that was my point.  Sure you click dump that lump into one but the car wouldnt handle for #$%*e and the cost of the conversion would prohibitive.  I spent over 20 years racing and engineering formula cars I'm not naive about things with wheels and motors

Re the TVR you might take the Enzo to the first turn but after that....I've driven TVRs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:31:14 pm by veloracermike »

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8195 on: July 01, 2012, 01:28:59 pm »
 velo check out what the crew here in kelowna B. C.  are up to, at  MKTechnologies... they are on the web, they build scales, alignment stuff, support equipment..
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline Mtmooradian

• Hot Shot
"INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8196 on: July 01, 2012, 01:57:45 pm »
This is just a TVR body.... Its basically a scaled down le mans car..... Independent f/r suspension, I just got done with the quick release wireless paddle shifters. No abs, no traction control....

Offline Mtmooradian

• Hot Shot
"INSPIRATION GALLERY "
« Reply #8197 on: July 01, 2012, 02:07:25 pm »

some more info here please! more the better, im dreaming of a some day build and you might be who im taking after at least engine chassis wise
I'll message you the specs...... I do a lot of side work on these types of projects. Im the guys who solves all the little issues when something can't be bought. I had to make all the inter coolers and exhaust for a Porsche 930/gt2 twin turbo swap..... That kind of stuff.... I had a prototype Billet/carbon ITB set up on this car, but this thing is driven on the street and individual 60mm throttle bodies are a little temperamental at idle.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8198 on: July 01, 2012, 03:09:44 pm »
Mate I don't know how much you know about Enzo's but once you put that small block into one you'd have a brick. No semi auto gearbox traction control adjustable ride height etc.

I knew what your point was but i still disagree, you have changed what you said, there is a guy in Melbourne that builds any bell housing needed for any conversion, so you would have all the same electronics, just running the Chevy engine, which is only 20 lbs heavier, stick some Brodix cylinder heads and the Chevy is about the same weight as the V12, same or more power in the same chassis means faster in my book... Remember , we were only changing the engine, everything else, traction control etc will remain the same..
Anyway, you want power to weight, go buy a GSXR 1000 and blow them both away...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #8199 on: July 01, 2012, 04:19:51 pm »
Really? Who cares. If your going to argue about cars at least post a picture of a motorcycle while you do it.