Author Topic: LED tail light *new* Update: 4-22-09 Vids & PICS  (Read 18571 times)

ev0lution7

Re: LED tail light *new* you gotta check this out!!!
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2009, 09:47:53 pm »
hey andy8190 dont forget to cut up some of that black plastic housing that the LED lights came in to seperate the "white" leds from the rest of the housing... it does make a difference!

those 4 pin and 6 pin plugs are the plugs from the RT and LFT switches on the bars that go to the harness! mine were yellowed and they broke when i took them apart!.

anyways have fun with that LED it looks good! have fun with the Hot GLUE and seal up the hole in the back.

Offline andy8190

• Expert
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2009, 09:50:01 pm »
yep i cut some of the old to separate the white light but i did it a little bit different then you. i will go take pics of it and post it give me five mins

Offline andy8190

• Expert
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2009, 09:55:02 pm »
if you will noticei just glued the extra plastic onto the right and left marker light and made the plastic almost come down all the way to the lens, but i made sure not to get in the way of the screws. I put the light on the mount and lit it up to see if the plates were pink or red and it was completely white

ev0lution7

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2009, 10:04:45 pm »
that looks killer awesome... i'm glad to see my idea be put to good use it has been floating around in my head for months driving me crazy and i finally did it and shared with you'all!!!!!!   

good work man when you hook that thing up make sure your wearing sun glass's   8)  ;D

ya my harness is comming along i've got everything planned out i just need to start taping... i've got my wire loom all setup it looks awesome and its kinda flexable not like the old harness that was electrical tapped :( that thing sucked.

Offline andy8190

• Expert
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2009, 10:08:28 pm »
yeah its definitely bright. However i noticed my lens has two cracks in it so i got to thinking how will i keep water out and i think i might get some clear enamel spray paint and paint the lens clear as extra sealant.

Offline andy8190

• Expert
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »
since  we are talking about mods to the electronics on the bike...... I am thinking about putting in putting one of this in on my bike maybe above and in between the two gauges, not sure yet. That way i know when my battery is dieing if i put in a cell charger or some other accessory. I was thinking that i would put an inline switch and hook it straight to the battery that way i can turn it off when i dont need it

anyone know where you can buy single bulb LEDS that you can use as idiot lights and splice into the brown wire and the other wire?

ev0lution7

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2009, 10:26:36 pm »
just run LEDs for the tail light, turn signals and put in a cell charger they dont take that much. you should be fine... if your unsure throw a multimeter on it and check it in your drive way..

Offline andy8190

• Expert
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2009, 11:21:40 pm »
I really dont know if i want to run LEDs for the turn signals. i have an extra turn signal so i will make one up and put it on and compare the two at the same time and then see what i like best, but that will prolly be a project for after I get a few more things done this weekend and towards the front of next week

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:52 pm »
Have any of you guys seen these?
http://www.cooltaillights.com/LED_motorcycle_Taillights.htm

They can make any design.

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

ev0lution7

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2009, 06:13:04 am »
my main though behind the project mick was to have some parts i could grab off the shelf and make myself for CHEAP the kit from harbor freight was $39.99 + tax and some hot glue was $4.99 for a huge bag and i had to buy a hot glue gun for ther projects and that was $8.99!  so you can see that i didnt spend much i got a "custom" looking tail light in a stock housing... most everything i do to my bike apears stock... i dont want to attract atention from cops or thiefs... even when i modded honda cars i used off the shelf parts and made the car look stock and hid all my custom stuff so it didnt draw atention that way i dont go into a store and worry if my bike got stollen, also another reason i dont like the harley even with the alarm i'm always worried that its gunna get ripped off and my honda i feel like i could leave the keys in the bike and no one would take it!

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2009, 06:23:11 am »
my main though behind the project mick was to have some parts i could grab off the shelf and make myself for CHEAP the kit from harbor freight was $39.99 + tax and some hot glue was $4.99 for a huge bag and i had to buy a hot glue gun for ther projects and that was $8.99!  so you can see that i didnt spend much i got a "custom" looking tail light in a stock housing... most everything i do to my bike apears stock... i dont want to attract atention from cops or thiefs... even when i modded honda cars i used off the shelf parts and made the car look stock and hid all my custom stuff so it didnt draw atention that way i dont go into a store and worry if my bike got stollen, also another reason i dont like the harley even with the alarm i'm always worried that its gunna get ripped off and my honda i feel like i could leave the keys in the bike and no one would take it!

I totally understand, just saw these and thought it would be cool to have the single cafe seat with a built in "invisible" tail light..... ;D

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

ev0lution7

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2009, 06:31:22 am »
so what do you think of the project so far??

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2009, 06:48:43 am »
Excellent, i am going through a similar process with mine except i am adapting different front and rear ends. No one is going to "not see your brake lights" and there's also the satisfaction of doing it yourself .... ;D

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

ev0lution7

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2009, 07:13:09 am »
have you seen my electrical panel?

Offline andy8190

• Expert
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2009, 09:18:36 am »
hey evo where did you get that fuse panel?

Offline GammaFlat

• Master
  • humanitas, qualitas, quantitas and velocitas
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2009, 09:23:08 am »
I put one of these in... I think it's the same one:

Go to this site:http://www.wiringproducts.com/index1.html

..and search for this product: AF-CFB4
K6
K7 
Suzuki GN400 - Ignition fixed!
03 KLR650 - Doesn't do anything very well but.. well.. does everything.

Offline manjisann

• Hazardous Chemical Inhalation
  • Master
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2009, 10:36:49 am »
VERY NICE!!
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1973 CB500 K2 - Sold the bike and bought a Mig, Miss the bike, Love the Mig :D
1980 CB650 Custom
1971 CB500 Frame 650 engine: Project

Trip and General Ramblings blog: manjisann.blogspot.com

Offline GammaFlat

• Master
  • humanitas, qualitas, quantitas and velocitas
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2009, 10:50:19 am »
What I did was mounted the fuse holder on an aluminum plate (1/8") - It was very easy to shape.  I then used the original mounting holes of the original fuse holder.  Also.. I soldered directly to the fuse holder (after removing the metal part from the plastic casing) as opposed to using connectors (trying to reduce the number of vulnerable connections).  I also used heat shrink tubing from Harbor Freight. 

I believe I "stole" this notion from "evo".  I had one heck of a time trying to find this fuse holder.  Although I like it, I'd be open to others. 
K6
K7 
Suzuki GN400 - Ignition fixed!
03 KLR650 - Doesn't do anything very well but.. well.. does everything.

ev0lution7

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »
ya thats the same one i just painted my clear cover inside and out!

anyways here are some pics of my harness and relay install

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: LED tail light *new* you gotta check this out!!! updated pics 4-4-09
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2009, 05:31:16 pm »
Nice work Evo, that electrical panel is very tidy indeed.....

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

ev0lution7

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 10:47:44 pm »
i decided to ditch the relays for now i will have to make a seperate harness for them it made the harness toooo thick it didnt fit right in the frame so i will make another harness for them and put it on the oppisite side of the main harness! other than that its all it and ready to rock and roll i got the harness hooked up and i tried out the brakes its AWESOME with that new light!

ev0lution7

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:41 am »
the harness looks sick i am going to make another harness for the relays... the brake light looks sick along with the tail light everything looks awesome!!!

ev0lution7

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2009, 09:41:44 pm »
well its done the light looks awesome with the bike runs great somehow when i rebuilt the harness everythign works like it did when it was new i think it was cuz i fixed the grounds and cleaned up the connections!

Offline andy8190

• Expert
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2009, 09:47:42 pm »
im ready to get mine in and see it on the back.

ev0lution7

« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2009, 09:54:24 pm »
right on post up some pics when you get it on i was to see how yours look when turned on IE... Brake and tail light