Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1276478 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #17225 on: October 06, 2020, 08:49:06 pm »
Yep, apart from my newly self-diagnosed vertigo, if it didn’t sound so gay (not that there’s anything wrong with that.....) I’d say I fall into the category of “Ridden hard, and put away wet”. I’ve got a phone appointment with my doc tomorrow to get another prescription of Tramadol, Diazepam, Domperidone (not champagne...) and Pantoprazol, to go with the other 8 “over the counter” pills that I take every day. Isn’t getting old fun? Still, I’ve lost too many friends and family too early, so I’ve got nothing to be pissed off about. I better celebrate with a delicious Ginger Rocket..... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17226 on: October 06, 2020, 08:54:26 pm »
Ooher and I just thought about something that pisses me off, my F2 fuel tank sealer kit arrived today, but it’s gonna be too cold to use it until Saturday. Oh well, only several other projects to keep me busy until then. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #17227 on: October 06, 2020, 08:56:17 pm »
and i think instead of Ginger rocket, it should have a motorcycle them name, such as Ginger Sprocket, the last lot i tasted certainly had teeth
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17228 on: October 06, 2020, 10:01:03 pm »
and i think instead of Ginger rocket, it should have a motorcycle them name, such as Ginger Sprocket, the last lot i tasted certainly had teeth

Ha ha, well let's not forget the BSA Rocket III, or better still, my Triumph Rocket III Spotty, a powerful beast that would still be able to tow a freight train, producing 147 foot pounds of torque at 2000 RPM, and with the addition of a litre of Vodka, 1.5 litres of Jagermeister, .5 litre Canadian Club Whiskey, 3 bottles of Stones alcoholic Ginger beer and 4 cans of alcoholic apple cider, the latest brew is certainly "Rocket Fuel", but my next batch might be called "Ginger 1428" to commemorate (all going well) the completion (if there ever  is such a thing) of the Kawasaki 1428 build project. We'll see....... ;D

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17229 on: October 06, 2020, 10:02:21 pm »
the way i look at it is, its not how old you are, its how much fun you had getting there
That is what keeps me going...
 Because you know, ain't been much fun lately....  real crap year this one..m
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17230 on: October 06, 2020, 10:16:23 pm »
Yep, apart from our personal medical issues, 2020 has sucked balls. I haven't been on a ride in 4(?) months, have been in lockdown for most of the year due to Covid-19, with no light at the end of the tunnel as yet. The only good thing is the amount of bikes and parts I seem to have amassed, which will all come in handy, once I can fcuking ride again! ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17231 on: October 06, 2020, 10:40:08 pm »
Fcuking hell, I've only just wolfed down a large glass of my amazing new "Diet Cider", and the vertigo has already set in! Luckily I leopard crawled out to the beer fridge and grabbed a bottle of Ginger Rocket to keep me hydrated until help arrives.......... ;D

ken65

« Reply #17232 on: October 06, 2020, 11:30:35 pm »
the way i look at it is, its not how old you are, its how much fun you had getting there
I agree spotty. Having said that , in hind site at times I wish I didn't live like there was no tomorrow.

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #17233 on: October 07, 2020, 04:13:58 am »
I have the same symptoms most nights, I’m pissed off that I didn’t realise that I have an actual medical condition? Do you wake up with a massive headache and the shakes as well mate? I’m normally ok again by mid afternoon when I open a bottle of medicinal ginger drink, but later in the evening I get that vertigo thing again, what a PITA........ ;D

I wake up with annoying headaches from time to time, not what I would consider a massive headache but no shakes either, basically my sense of balance takes an absolute shyte. It's only hit me once before about a year ago, I woke up and for what ever reason snapped myself out of bed and at that moment I about fell over and couldn't walk unless I was holding onto something, it literally felt like I was being pushed off balance and that freaked me out. This last time the other night wasn't nearly as bad but it seemed to take forever to snap myself completely out of it. I feel fine this morning so hopefully its over with for now. For me it's an inner ear problem and the key is to not get out of bed too quickly.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #17234 on: October 07, 2020, 09:47:35 am »
Adjusting to domestic life is pissing me off.
Actually, it's depressing me.
Whoever keeps messing with my good times out there really pissed me off too.
Social disease my left toenail.
Don't need their fop.  Got enough trauma of my own to cope with.

75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #17235 on: October 08, 2020, 02:21:42 am »
I agree spotty. Having said that , in hind site at times I wish I didn't live like there was no tomorrow.

"Upside-down Miss Jane" :)
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17236 on: October 08, 2020, 03:34:57 am »
I have the same symptoms most nights, I’m pissed off that I didn’t realise that I have an actual medical condition? Do you wake up with a massive headache and the shakes as well mate? I’m normally ok again by mid afternoon when I open a bottle of medicinal ginger drink, but later in the evening I get that vertigo thing again, what a PITA........ ;D

I wake up with annoying headaches from time to time, not what I would consider a massive headache but no shakes either, basically my sense of balance takes an absolute shyte. It's only hit me once before about a year ago, I woke up and for what ever reason snapped myself out of bed and at that moment I about fell over and couldn't walk unless I was holding onto something, it literally felt like I was being pushed off balance and that freaked me out. This last time the other night wasn't nearly as bad but it seemed to take forever to snap myself completely out of it. I feel fine this morning so hopefully its over with for now. For me it's an inner ear problem and the key is to not get out of bed too quickly.

Yeah mate, and I should apologise, I was quite drunk last night when I posted that drivel, Vertigo sucks, a good mate of mine was medically discharged from the Army because he got it bad, and his life went downhill fast. I hope you get over it mate, a lady at work has it really bad at times, and apart from feeling like she's drunk several of my home brewed ginger beers, she gets really bad nausea too, so nothing good about it at all. ;D

Offline Trevor from Warragul

• Expert
« Reply #17237 on: October 08, 2020, 03:47:57 am »
My missus has Meniere's disease, and it was pretty awful at times. The vertigo would get so bad she would vomit. Then she was prescribed Serc (betahistine), which works well for her. The trick is to take it the second she feels slightly dizzy. Reducing salt intake also helps, which is difficult, because she loves salt!
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Ducati Monster 750

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #17238 on: October 09, 2020, 03:21:26 pm »
So about a year and a half ago I took a $7,000 loan from my 401k account to pay for a new heating/AC system for our house, as it stands now I've got my balance down to $4,000. Now the IRS steps in and audits the financial firm that controls my 401k and the IRS says that I was given $2,000 too much and I need to pay that back asap. I've already paid $3,000 so from my point of view that $2,000 has already been paid but apparently that doesn't count so they've given me 2 options, pay that $2k now or risk defaulting on the loan OR the financial group is offering to make me another loan for the $4,000 I still owe, have the same amount taken out of my check each week and have it paid off the same time. Giving me a loan to pay off another loan? WTF Why bother with another loan  and just keep it the way it is? I thought it was the craziest thing I've heard because being this is a loan from my 401k means I'm loaning myself to begin with. I could just give them the $2,000 and knock my outstanding balance down to $2,000 but that would be a big hit for our savings account. It makes absolutely no sense at all but it all boils down to getting their paperwork in order to please the IRS. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess because there are other guys in the shop who took a loan on their 401k as well but they're not being offered another loan like I am and instead have to pay what ever it is they still owe right now.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17239 on: October 09, 2020, 04:31:34 pm »
That is a stupid system Scott, like you say, it's your own money, so the IRS should go fcuk themselves and go after some of those rich turkeys who are paying little or no income tax.

Over here, due to the Covid-19 pandemic the government has allowed folks to withdraw money from their retirement funds early, assuming that they would be mature enough to just use as little as possible, just to keep their heads above water while they're out of work, but I've heard that new car sales are going thru the roof? I mean, during the current lockdown we're not allowed to drive more than 3 miles from home anyway, so why the hell would you need a new car?

Regardless, some poor buggers have had to dig into their retirement savings to keep their small businesses afloat, or just to put food on the table, which sucks balls. On top of that the various funds have taken massive hits due to CV, and my latest account letter shows that I've lost around $20K from where it was at the same time last year. I'm just hoping it bounces back, I'm putting the max amount of self-contributions into my retirement fund and I'd hate to think that I'm wasting my time and would be better off investing my spare cash in classic motorcycles............ ;D   

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #17240 on: October 09, 2020, 05:22:56 pm »
yeah im glad i never did any salary sacrifice,good term for it?lambs to the slaughter.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #17241 on: October 09, 2020, 05:38:03 pm »
Terry,how could you have spare cash? You've been spending a huge amount of $ on classic bikes and parts,Lol.
Feeding your addiction,yes?  :D
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17242 on: October 09, 2020, 08:45:43 pm »
Terry,how could you have spare cash? You've been spending a huge amount of $ on classic bikes and parts,Lol.
Feeding your addiction,yes?  :D

Ha ha, well true Bill, but my employer pays me a 6 figure (USD) salary for sitting on my arse and pretending I know what I’m talking about, so in that respect, I’m vey lucky. The bad news is last year I paid 40 x the income tax that Big Chief Forked Tongue paid, apparently, which pisses me off! ;D

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #17243 on: October 09, 2020, 10:30:50 pm »
Ahh,
if I had a job like that Terry,I'd purchase an airplane hanger and fill it with as many wonderful bikes as possible and a work/machine shop;plus I'd live there by myself.I can always build a nice apartment/living space in there.
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17244 on: October 09, 2020, 11:35:42 pm »
Yep, if my wife ever kicks me out I’m gonna buy an old factory with lots of floorspace and park my bikes and cars around the outside and build a little apartment in the middle with lots of glass so I can see my mechanical family from every angle.

I’m pissed off because it’s only 5.30 pm, and I’m already wasted....... ;D

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #17245 on: October 10, 2020, 05:47:07 am »
Terry, aGinger Joes might put you in a better mood, but forget doing anything else today.

The taxes are likely untrue, just like the $40M figure of loans that he is reportedly has. Business loans I might understand but no way he has that much in personal loans. Just doesn’t happen. If he has enough (#) businesses, then operating line of credit loans could add up to that much money. Business capital ebbs and flows in many businesses and having loan vehicles to meet the cash needs are common.
Here in US having the ability to itemize deductions allows you to exceed or far exceed the standard deduction. With good tax lawyers they can find deductions that are legal and allow you to reduce your taxable income.  I find it highly unlikely he could reduce that income to only pay $ 750 a year. He would have to reduce his income level to a few thousand dollars more than the minimum income that starts paying any taxes, pretty much poverty line. Just not feasible. If he actually has a tax lawyer that good, he must be in high demand.

Besides if he were able to do that, how did any banks consider him a viable risk for a loan of $1M much less $40M...just doesn’t add up. The interesting thing of all this is that there isn’t anyone coming forward proving all these claims, outside the NYT article and I am skeptical of that article being totally legitimate.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 05:50:36 am by RAF122S »
David- back in the desert SW!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17246 on: October 10, 2020, 03:32:19 pm »
Thanks David, I hope that's the case, I'd be pissed off if it was true, regardless of who you are and how slimey your lawyers are, you should pay your fair share. Over here people like that are referred to as "Bludgers", and bludgers piss me off. ;D

Offline carnivorous chicken

• Master
« Reply #17247 on: October 11, 2020, 07:42:19 am »

The taxes are likely untrue, just like the $400M figure of loans that he is reportedly has. Business loans I might understand but no way he has that much in personal loans. Just doesn’t happen.

Fixed that for you. You missed a zero.

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #17248 on: October 11, 2020, 07:58:35 am »
Thanks David, I hope that's the case, I'd be pissed off if it was true, regardless of who you are and how slimey your lawyers are, you should pay your fair share. Over here people like that are referred to as "Bludgers", and bludgers piss me off. ;D

I would have to say that most of the other politicians in this country are bludgers as well as a good portion of the general population. It's like a sport here to try and get as many deductions as possible so you pay less tax. 
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17249 on: October 11, 2020, 04:42:38 pm »
Yes mate, tax is a subject that pisses me off big time. Over here, the more you earn, the more you pay, which is a disincentive to work hard and earn more. I have an Army pension which is taxed at a higher rate, because the Australian Taxation Office considers that to be a second job, making me a greedy bastaard, so the flow on effect is that I pay way more tax than I should have to.

I was out of work for 3 months in 2015, so had to dip into my retirement savings, rather than lower myself and apply for unemployment benefits. When I did my tax at the end of that financial year, not only did I not get any compensation for not asking for welfare, I was penalised to the tune of 15% tax on the money (my money) that I withdrew from my own retirement savings.

At the same time, big corporations (Ebay, Facebook, Amazon etc) paid no taxes in Australia. Something’s wrong with our taxation system too, which pisses me off some more...... ;D