Author Topic: What did you do to your non-motorcycle vehicle today?  (Read 138634 times)

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
Re: What did you do to your non-motorcycle vehicle today?
« Reply #675 on: October 30, 2019, 02:04:26 pm »
Chainsaw, running worse and worse. Put the tiny carb in my ultra sonic cleaner, blew it out and the little bugger is screaming again! Great.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #676 on: November 01, 2019, 04:40:42 pm »
Well I backed my Mitsubishi Outlander into a pole yesterday. I was parallel parking in the dark (0545) and someone had the audacity to put their power pole right on the edge of the gutter, so as I swung in, "BANG!" FCUK! I went forward, adjusted my angle of attack, and parked it, then went to take a look at the damage, but there was nothing noticeable.

Modern cars adorned with plastic bumpers are bland, boring things for sure, but I was happy to see that there was very little visible damage. The Mitsubishi is 10 years old and has been a great commuter, so I was glad I was driving it and not my $60K leased "Touring" car, I'm sure it wouldn't have fared as well, although it does have a reversing camera and lots of annoying beeping sensors, which may have helped me avoid the collision in the first place.

Of course, I bought a reversing camera for the Mitsubishi ages ago, but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet........... Dumbarse. ;D     
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #677 on: November 02, 2019, 06:12:25 pm »

Of course, I bought a reversing camera for the Mitsubishi ages ago, but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet........... Dumbarse. ;D     

Don't be too hard on yourself Uncle Tez, that's our job. ;D
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #678 on: November 02, 2019, 08:23:30 pm »
Put the trans back into Hitler!
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #679 on: November 02, 2019, 08:26:00 pm »
More
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #680 on: November 02, 2019, 08:33:38 pm »
And TADA!🤪

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #681 on: November 03, 2019, 01:44:37 am »
Good job Jgger, well done mate! (mental note to Terry, don't ever buy one of those Kraut POS cars.....) ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline WhyNot2

• I'm finally an
  • Master
« Reply #682 on: November 05, 2019, 04:41:51 am »
I needed something to move my trailer around the yard.

I have a riding mower with a blown engine, was looking for an engine.

Came across someone selling a mower, that they said hasn't ran in 3 years, and they tried working on it and can't figure it out. (new batteries and all)

Paid the man the 50 bux, and brought it home, and took all the safety switches off, fires up, and really runs and looks good enough to use it as a mower for the yard and a tow vehicle.
If it ain't raining, I'm riding.....~~{iii}?~~prost

If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, it's because I cut and pasted from someone else.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #683 on: November 05, 2019, 12:27:56 pm »

Came across someone selling a mower, that they said hasn't ran in 3 years, and they tried working on it and can't figure it out. (new batteries and all)

Paid the man the 50 bux, and brought it home, and took all the safety switches off, fires up, and really runs and looks good enough to use it as a mower for the yard and a tow vehicle.

Nice! I did a similar thing. A couple of years ago I bought a Briggs 23HP Vtwin engine for $200, then early this year saw a Troybilt zero turn mower for 100 bucks on FB, the old guy blew the engine up, but was selling up and moving into a retirement village, so just wanted it gone. The engine bolted right up to th ed mower, but the mower is way too big for my property so I was offered $1000 for it, as is. Sweet. ;D

Offline WhyNot2

• I'm finally an
  • Master
« Reply #684 on: November 06, 2019, 05:29:46 am »

Nice! I did a similar thing. A couple of years ago I bought a Briggs 23HP Vtwin engine for $200, then early this year saw a Troybilt zero turn mower for 100 bucks on FB, the old guy blew the engine up, but was selling up and moving into a retirement village, so just wanted it gone. The engine bolted right up to th ed mower, but the mower is way too big for my property so I was offered $1000 for it, as is. Sweet. ;D

Sweet on that, a grand, cool.

I got all the safety switches working, gave it a bath, looks like new.
If it ain't raining, I'm riding.....~~{iii}?~~prost

If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, it's because I cut and pasted from someone else.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #685 on: November 06, 2019, 01:28:38 pm »

Don't be too hard on yourself Uncle Tez, that's our job. ;D

Ha ha, just saw this Brian, very true! ;D

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #686 on: November 06, 2019, 04:09:06 pm »
Got a WW1 Ambulance running. Model T Fords. Two for sale, let me know if interested.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #687 on: November 06, 2019, 09:05:51 pm »
Got a WW1 Ambulance running. Model T Fords. Two for sale, let me know if interested.

Wow, brilliant! Movie props? If so, what movie? ;D

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #688 on: November 07, 2019, 05:29:10 am »
Terry....... not props. Actual 1918 Model T Fords, restored and rebuilt as replicas of the ambulances use in WW1. Original parts, hardware and design. Both belong to a local collector, closing is museum/collection.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #689 on: November 07, 2019, 08:46:04 pm »
Wow, that's a shame mate, but I suppose someone will love them, how much are they? ;D

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #690 on: November 08, 2019, 05:18:22 am »
Price is $20K each.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #691 on: November 08, 2019, 04:21:31 pm »
Price is $20K each.

That really is cheap, I don't understand why some vintage cars are worth a fortune, while others are cheap like that. My cousin has a couple of vintage cars that are worth nothing, and one French car that's worth somewhere north of $100K USD when it's finished, but I like his old American cars better, the Voison looks very fragile. ;D

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #692 on: November 09, 2019, 06:01:12 am »
He’salso Got a ‘29 Model A Ford, that he used occasionally. Restored to perfection, new wheels, tires, everything. Alternator conversion, Petronix ignition, perfect paint, side mounted spares and a rear trunk. Flawless car, probably cost $40k to restore (previous owner, 30 years ago). Worth $12-14K.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 06:46:01 am by BenelliSEI »

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #693 on: November 10, 2019, 11:23:26 am »
Drove it on my favorite road!

'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #694 on: November 10, 2019, 11:34:08 am »
Drove it on my favorite road!

And recycled your favourite pic! Ha ha, looks great Steve, wish I had room for an interesting car like that beauty! ;D

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #695 on: December 02, 2019, 03:59:57 pm »
Continuing to clear my friend’s collection of WW1 motorcycles, cars and trucks. At the back of one barn was a still born project (one of the other brothers). 1939 International Panel Delivery. 327 Chev, Turbo 400 Trans and a Camaro back axle...... been sitting still since 2002. At least 40 lbs. of raccoon poop in the back and 100% of the foam removed from the two bucket seats!

Put it on the local KIJIJI site this morning and had to take it down an hour later! My inbox went NUTS.never sold anything so fast....... should have asked more!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #696 on: December 03, 2019, 01:38:30 am »
He’salso Got a ‘29 Model A Ford, that he used occasionally. Restored to perfection, new wheels, tires, everything. Alternator conversion, Petronix ignition, perfect paint, side mounted spares and a rear trunk. Flawless car, probably cost $40k to restore (previous owner, 30 years ago). Worth $12-14K.

Looks fantastic mate, just don't sell it to some d1ckhead hot-rodder. I watched an episode of Gas Monkey garage where they bought a mint vintage car and gutted it to turn it into a hotrod and I thought, "you fcukers, too lazy to buy a repro hot rod body, so you destroyed a 90 year old survivor". I don't think I've watched that show since.  ::)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #697 on: December 03, 2019, 01:56:58 am »
that has a 327/T400 installed and maybe a posi track rear end and your calling it a stalled project?thats well on its way!!

Online Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #698 on: December 03, 2019, 06:15:02 am »

Looks fantastic mate, just don't sell it to some d1ckhead hot-rodder. I watched an episode of Gas Monkey garage where they bought a mint vintage car and gutted it to turn it into a hotrod and I thought, "you fcukers, too lazy to buy a repro hot rod body, so you destroyed a 90 year old survivor". I don't think I've watched that show since.  ::)
Especially when you can buy a new all steel body that is better than an original body. I also got tired of watching them trashing/destroying good original parts because they thought it was cool or they were too lazy to pull it properly. :o
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #699 on: December 03, 2019, 08:53:44 am »
Update on he Model A. Purchased by a 28 year old who used to live next door to a fellow that restored them. He and his Dad hung in the guys shop, but never talked there own project. He took it home, got it running and drove two miles to his Dad’s place. They’re loving it, just the way it is!

The ‘39 International is off to British Columbia. The guy makes a living building and selling “live edge” wooden furniture and household stuff. He’s going to get it running, put his name on the sides, and use it to take his stuff to local markets and shows! Great!