Author Topic: The Happy-ish Thread. Share your small wins and mixed blessings.  (Read 55924 times)

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
Re: The Happy-ish Thread. Share your small wins and mixed blessings.
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2022, 03:17:36 pm »
My ex wife is divorcing the guy she cheated on me with, I'm having a great day!

My ex married a pretty good guy after cheating on me. Not the same guy lol.
I like him better than I like her lmfao.
I told her to have him do the kid exchanges.
We sit and bull#$%* 30 min Everytime he runs by.
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline Alan F.

• We remember the Night Rider, and we know who you are.
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2022, 05:43:18 pm »
I've just made the deal, verified the seller & put down a deposit on a 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 with 3600 miles for 2/3 the price of new. I'm stoked!

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2022, 05:56:59 pm »
I've just made the deal, verified the seller & put down a deposit on a 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 with 3600 miles for 2/3 the price of new. I'm stoked!

Congratulations Alan!!
Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline Alan F.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2022, 06:17:09 pm »
Thanks Andy!

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2022, 06:20:18 pm »
started stripping down my new toy , a XVZ1300 ( lard-arse version of a vmax) and discovered quite a few rusted/seized bolts but no biggie, they'll get replaced with stainless but then i got to the exhausts.....i don't know what the PO had been up to but both mufflers, which are quite large, long and heavy, had both been scraped/squashed flat on the bottoms to the point where they had both been ripped open down the last third of their lengths. To top it all they were rusted onto the headers so i had to get out the angle grinder

stock replacement was never going to happen ( too heavy, rare and expensive ) so i started looking at aftermarket on ebay and for a pair of knock off harley ones i was up for $150 which wasn't too bad but then i changed the search and found a s/hand but basically new pair round the corner from me, put in an offer and half an hour and $30 later i had them in my hot little hands, even got some donuts while i was out

i'm calling that a good little win
i blame Terry

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2022, 06:41:49 pm »
started stripping down my new toy , a XVZ1300 ( lard-arse version of a vmax) and discovered quite a few rusted/seized bolts but no biggie, they'll get replaced with stainless but then i got to the exhausts.....i don't know what the PO had been up to but both mufflers, which are quite large, long and heavy, had both been scraped/squashed flat on the bottoms to the point where they had both been ripped open down the last third of their lengths. To top it all they were rusted onto the headers so i had to get out the angle grinder

stock replacement was never going to happen ( too heavy, rare and expensive ) so i started looking at aftermarket on ebay and for a pair of knock off harley ones i was up for $150 which wasn't too bad but then i changed the search and found a s/hand but basically new pair round the corner from me, put in an offer and half an hour and $30 later i had them in my hot little hands, even got some donuts while i was out

Sounds like you found exactly what you needed  8)  stock Venture mufflers?  8)
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline newday777

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Avatar is my 76 K6 in Colorado w/Cody on back 1980
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2022, 06:47:36 pm »
Congrats!
A friend in San Diego bought one a couple years ago and has fun on it. He's been a triumph guy for some time now doing 2 up cross country rides but is slowing down and downsizing.
Stu
Honda Parts manager in the mid 1970s Nashua Honda
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!
Project 750s, 2 K4, 2 K6, 1 K8
2008 GL1800 my daily ride and cross country runner

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB450 K7 after my friend returned...
New CB750 K5 Planet Blue, demise by ex cousin in law at 9,000 miles...
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....
1983 GL1100A, 1999 GL1500 SE, 1999 GL1500A

Offline Alan F.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2022, 06:49:07 pm »
Thanks Stu!

Offline newday777

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Avatar is my 76 K6 in Colorado w/Cody on back 1980
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2022, 06:50:36 pm »
 8)
Stu
Honda Parts manager in the mid 1970s Nashua Honda
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!
Project 750s, 2 K4, 2 K6, 1 K8
2008 GL1800 my daily ride and cross country runner

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB450 K7 after my friend returned...
New CB750 K5 Planet Blue, demise by ex cousin in law at 9,000 miles...
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....
1983 GL1100A, 1999 GL1500 SE, 1999 GL1500A

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2022, 07:19:09 pm »

no, the sort of thing you'd see on an 80s harley, tapered turbos they used to be called. if they're a little restrictive they shall get something long and pointy belted down the middle of them
i blame Terry

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2022, 08:36:25 pm »
Ex-wife has the older 2 boys for the weekend. So my daughter and youngest son went for a daddy adventure today.
We hit the flea market got a couple good deals then hit up Wendy's (what kid doesn't love chiccy buggies) and the park.
Made a great day of it cruising around in my old 61 GMC truck.

Make memories while we can bc soon they will be too old.
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 05:07:58 pm »

no, the sort of thing you'd see on an 80s harley, tapered turbos they used to be called. if they're a little restrictive they shall get something long and pointy belted down the middle of them

and then last night one of my mates rings and offers me a pair of Screaming Eagle dresser mufflers, so i now have a choice, the SE ones will be quieter which may be an advantage as the XVZ has a stereo and i'm looking forward to being able to hear that
i blame Terry

Offline ewanhughes

• Enthusiast
  • nil illegitimi carborundum
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2022, 08:13:44 am »
liverpool have just won the FA cup !

And i've just got 2 tickets for the Champions League final in Paris!! Woohoo!
1978 CB400f
1976 CB550

Offline Alan F.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2022, 08:46:46 am »
I actually found all of my riding gear (after moving last year) except my boots, couldn't find them anywhere so off to wallymart for another $25 pair of black work boots.

The real miracle is that I could still zip the jacket, I've got to lose a few lbs!

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2022, 09:57:07 am »
liverpool have just won the FA cup !

And i've just got 2 tickets for the Champions League final in Paris!! Woohoo!

alas i cant go , have a great time and with luck we will get revenge !

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2022, 11:12:53 pm »
I changed health insurance companies at the start of the year as Humana Medicare Advantage plan was causing me to go in the poorhouse with outrageous copays for things I frequently needed. Spinal deterioration issues and plenty of musculoskeletal issues and I have dealt with depression the majority of my life. Well, my psychiatrist office assured me that they were in network with my insurance company and the right medical group affiliation. Well in April when I was trying to get a new therapist as my insurance change submarined the one I was seeing before she went out on medical leave late last year to not return...
So in early April a member services representative at my insurance company chased down with my psychiatrist I had been seeing for 2 years and talking with their insurance credential people they discovered I had been misinformed. How the heck does that happen. So, I am told I cannot see my psychiatrist any more and he had been doing some light therapy with me, not just what meds are you on and medication management. He had ordered the therapist and they called the next week to say they then had an opening.
Well I had to tell them I couldn't see them as their insurance billing lady screwed up and had told me we were good and I was covered they were contracted with my insurance company and they were new to AZ this year. Well, wrong medical group...and the group is dictated by my PCP's affiliation. So, then they work on trying to find me care as things have not been going well at all and seasonal affective disorder and a anniversary of some painful stuff that coincides with winter...never an easy time of the year for a long time. The insurance company cannot find anyone in network who can see me in less than 7-8 weeks. I asked that my doctor put in a request to see my out of network psychiatrist and they did. Well insurance after 3 weeks finally sent me an approval to go see my old psychiatrist out of network...
I was shocked, a miracle happened. So that's a win...
I don't think the 40 min therapy sessions through Teladoc are gonna work as this guy is just doing conversational stuff which some therapist will do and that works but it is not helpful to solving anything to doing anything other than a temp bandaid, nothing changes as a result...

David- back in the desert SW!

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2022, 04:15:00 am »
Hyundai recently sent my wife a notice about pending problem with her Santa Fe (electrical, could burst into flames, don’t park inside for now)! They don’t have a fix, but “will get back to us shortly!

She heads off to Toronto yesterday for a Medical appointment. Calls me from there and says “the car smells funny and smoke from under the hood”. Yikes!

After numerous calls to Hyundai and CAA, I remember I checked and topped up her engine oil before she left....... Guess who left the cap off? Down 1/2 a litre, sprayed everywhere. Oops. All OK.

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2022, 11:45:33 am »
I've done that. ;D
The best one I have ever seen was a lady that showed up at the shop I was working at in a Cadillac Seville with the diesel V8. Her complaint was the car was sluggish after she had added some oil. I popped the hood and there was oil everywhere but the filler cap was on. I opened the filler cap and I couldn't see the rockers because the motor was completely full of oil to the top of the valve covers. She told us that she thought you were supposed to fill it up. 8) We ended up replacing the motor with a 403 Oldsmobile V8 gas motor. Then she could do nice burnouts. 8)
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2022, 10:16:24 am »
Broke the pin lock on the visor of my “race helmet” (Snell Approved, Nomex liner, Lexan shield). Called the Zork I-800 number. Nice lady answered and a few days later, a small kit of what I needed showed up in my post box. “No charge, have a nice day”. Wow!

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2022, 12:39:59 pm »
Broke the pin lock on the visor of my “race helmet” (Snell Approved, Nomex liner, Lexan shield). Called the Zork I-800 number. Nice lady answered and a few days later, a small kit of what I needed showed up in my post box. “No charge, have a nice day”. Wow!

A Shoei with the dual pin lock shield ?
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2022, 02:19:39 pm »

A Shoei with the dual pin lock shield ?

Oops! That should have said “ZAMP” helmet! They make a nice, Snell approved race helmet. This is my second one and very happy with the service!

Offline Trevor from Warragul

• Expert
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2022, 01:47:29 am »
My wife sold her 2015 Subaru BRZ today. It was an impulse buy when we retired 3 years ago. She got $5,000 more than she paid for it back then (2nd hand car prices have gone nuts in Australia)...
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Ducati Monster 750

Offline Alan F.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2022, 06:28:37 am »
Nice one Trevor!

Offline tourmax

• Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2022, 08:45:18 am »
Disability tax credit application was approved.

Received a retroactive tax refund of 11G and an annual "non-refundable" tax credit of 8g moving forward.
1989 FJ1200, 1983 Yamaha Venture (Vmax conversion), 1985 VF 750F Interceptor, 1982 CB650SC, 1988 Corvette convertible (Z52), 1983 Mustang GT, 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman.Couple more lying around but this is long enough already!

Offline Alan F.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2022, 09:46:19 am »
Also very nice!