Author Topic: sohc4 parent site  (Read 11212 times)

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
Re: sohc4 parent site
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 08:11:28 pm »

Bet you didn't know Godzilla was behind the sinking of the Titanic!!

Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 08:22:12 pm »
Well I would love to take part, I can't ride (thanks to my back) nearly as long as I used to but I can clock a few hours and my bike should be ready by May as that is when the snow melts and the weather can be good enough to ride.

Even if I can't take part I love the idea.

.: Scott :.

: Edit: I could do the Wi to IL part. Wonder if Carpy and Hondaman would take part.. I think it would be cool... ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:29:28 pm by Zaipai »
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline Nortstudio

• Not nearly an
  • Master
  • Just getting started...
    • MotoPreserve
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 08:23:17 pm »
I would definitely be in for the NYC part of the trip.  Maybe up north to a handoff point in CT or MA.  Someone really needs to get going with a map for this thing, to make sure the route hits all the places interested SOHC'ers reside.

I have been watching the Ewan McGregor show (from 2004?) thru Netflix, where he and a friend travel around the world on BMWs.  One of the channels picked it up and sponsored it.  I would imagine if it was done with a charity in mind, the appeal would be even greater.

1976 CB550K...in progress
1975 CL360...eventually custom
2009 Husqvarna TE610

a blog about wrenching in Brooklyn, NY

“Success is dependent on effort.”
~Sophocles

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 08:31:00 pm »
I'm in!  And I know the landmark I want in the pic.
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Tugboat

• Puppet
  • Master
  • '75 CB750K + '67 CL90 + '71 CT90
    • PseudoMoto
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 08:40:27 pm »
I'd represent for TN. Had a blast on my ride down to Barber, and even though it was only 200+ miles I could do that all day long, every day of the year! Hopefully my 750 will be back up & running by springtime.. otherwise I'd have to do it on my KZ.
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing twice.

Offline Teknojeffo

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 08:44:51 pm »
I think it's a brilliant idea, and I'd like to volunteer for the Minnesota portion of the ride.

Would be great to have a way to benefit a charity of some sort, if it could make sense.

(With so many of the bikes being of 70's vintage, how about passing one of those troll dolls with the hair that stuck straight up?)
'74 CB750
'76 CB750
GL1000 (Pete Boody restoration)

Offline theofam

• I'm cold, give me a
  • Hot Shot
  • Suffering from MDD - Mechanical Deficit Disorder
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 09:02:37 pm »
I don't know if it'll be astride Seamus or Paddy, but I'd love to show Colorado to the gnome - Million Dollar Highway, Peak-to-Peak Highway.  Ooh, baby!

Offline Glenn Stauffer

• SOHC/4 #3 - Member since 1994
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • The SOHC/4 Owners Group
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 09:42:27 pm »
If someone wants to help maintain a page on www.sohc4.net, I can set you up with an account.  Im using wordless there, so there is a lot that can be done.

Offline benjamin550

• Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 10:39:49 pm »
glenn-

Earlier when I had mentioned doing a website I was thinking of something in wordpress. Is that what you mean? I'm not familiar with wordless. I would be interested in setting something up and maintaining it. It would be nice to give back to the forum in a way that I am able, which certainly isnt with technical advise. But I've built some websites and a blog or two. I have a few ideas that could be fun. Someone mentioned getting involved with a charity, It might help to have a nice website presence.

Offline malcolmgb

• What am I not? an
  • Expert
  • The BEST 400 four by far
    • malcnet
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 02:01:19 am »
If you do include Europe count me in, I could handle Trans-Atlantic transport from NJ to England.
Malcolm

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

1977 CB400F
1973 CL175 K7
1976 XL175 - Sold
1964 CL72
1966 CA78
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=1988

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 02:28:56 am »
what am i going to tell my wife when a thousand sohc hondas turn up on our door step for a well earned beer?

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 04:22:54 am »
I'm in for the western NY end, a swing by Niagara Falls would be good for a pic.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline mygunsbigger

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 04:26:46 am »
New member, new rider and new owner but i'd love to be a part of this! I frequent from Florida to South carolina and would gladly travel a bit farther to meet up with some new friends(and the traveling sohc monster)!!
Count Me In!!!
newly acquired '74 550K Four... time consuming love affair...

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 06:55:03 am »
A sock-puppet with a cape and a sohc-wing patch should do............it has to be easily mailed or transported across international boundaries without custom fees and inspection holdups.

Don't you mean a 'sohc'-puppet, Dennis? ;)
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 07:12:19 am »
Schmithaus wins my tease.........It should be a SOHC-PUPPET so it could ride on the tank, or the bars behind windscreens, or in your jacket, or strapped to the sissy-bar.

I work with a charity involved with supporting a Chaplain for healthcare centers. For this type of event, I would think something like the Make-a-Wish Foundation would have International appeal. Also consider the Doctors-without-Borders program.  If you want to stay within the motorcycle community, both the various racing groups need support from the Steel Shoe Fund for injured riders. One of their directors is an acquaintence of mine located in Milwaukee.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline Nortstudio

• Not nearly an
  • Master
    • MotoPreserve
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 07:13:47 am »
Schmithaus wins my tease.........It should be a SOHC-PUPPET so it could ride on the tank, or the bars behind windscreens, or in your jacket, or strapped to the sissy-bar.

I work with a charity involved with supporting a Chaplain for healthcare centers. For this type of event, I would think something like the Make-a-Wish Foundation would have International appeal. Also consider the Doctors-without-Borders program.  If you want to stay within the motorcycle community, both the various racing groups need support from the Steel Shoe Fund for injured riders. One of their directors is an acquaintence of mine located in Milwaukee.

All of these seem like great options for the charity.
2009 Husqvarna TE610

~Sophocles

nomad

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 07:14:04 am »

Forget the gnome, (so overdone thanks to travelocity!) this is a job for Godzilla  :o :o in honor of our bikes country of origin!  ;)

Godzilla rolling down the road strapped to the back of someone's vintage Japanese bike would be hilarious!  You're right... much better than the gnome.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 08:11:52 am »
I know there are a lot of illinois members, I would love to participate in a leg or two.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 I smell like Lilacs, I've got glitter on my cheeks and it's all Joe's fault, he told the stripper it was my birthday.

Offline ZanVooden

• I don't need no stinkin' title
  • Hot Shot
  • This was suppose to be a quick one month job...
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 11:39:51 am »
I live in Madison WI, but have lots of family in and near Peoria IL, so any stretches in WI and IL I would be in on.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 03:34:49 pm »
I'll step up and coordinate the Southwest Michigan region.  Area codes 269 & 616, roughly speaking.  This would be Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Battle Creek - all points between Lake Michigan and  I-69, South of Grand Rapids and North of the Michigan/Indiana line.  If you are in this region and want to join the ride and/or have ideas on routes and landmarks, send me a PM!

Whoever would like to claim Northern Indiana, Southeast Michigan and/or Northern Lower Peninsula, send me a PM and we can talk about places for a hand off!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline 05c50

• 05c50
  • Expert
    • Classic Motorcycle Solution
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 03:37:19 pm »
I haven't seen anyone from Pennsylvania yet, so I'll volunteer. The whole state or just a portion. It doesn't matter, I just wanta ride.

............Paul

Wear a helmet,the life you save may be your own.Ask me how I know.               CB650C,CB550F,GL1000,CB750A

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 05:45:51 am »
OK so I think the idea of maybe Wordpress for the blog and a separately titled thread is needed. Or this thread is destined to disappear into the archives. Maybe the great SOHC relay ride of 2011 or something corny like that.

Offline Nortstudio

• Not nearly an
  • Master
    • MotoPreserve
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2010, 05:58:42 am »
That sounds like a good idea.  We had an offer for the blog, now we just need the new thread so people can add their name to the list.
2009 Husqvarna TE610

~Sophocles

Offline ksmith0034

• When I grow up I want to be a
  • Hot Shot
    • Please subscribe to my motovlog
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2010, 06:14:21 am »
The OP should be able to rename this current thread - that way we don't lose the progress already made.
It took 10 years but she's finally done!
             ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓
Stocker 2 Rocker CAFE conversion

My YouTube channel HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/MotoCafeRacer

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2010, 06:27:32 am »
And maybe the Mods could peg it to so it stays on top.  There will be a fury of planning and ideas from time to time, but as MyCB points out, it is destined to slip out of view as this is a very active forum!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?