testy

Author Topic: Pin2Hot's 73 CB750  (Read 29802 times)

Offline Pin2Hot

• Enthusiast
Re: Pin2Hot's 73 CB750
« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2020, 09:21:12 am »
That's quite a wiring job using the circuit board.  Will there be any bodywork between the light/electronics panel and the dash instruments, or are you just going to sheath the wires with loom?

The big fat connector going from the main board to the dash will get covered somehow, not sure with what just yet.

Offline Pin2Hot

• Enthusiast
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2020, 09:25:49 am »
Is any of your electronics water sensitive or are you encapsulating the board components?

How are you handling aiming of your headlight and fog lights?

The boards will get a conformal coating and all connectors will be filled with dielectric grease.  Won't stop all water intrusion but I don't plan on riding this bike if there's even a hint of rain in the forecast.  I understand it's impossible to avoid water but I'm hoping the conformal coating and grease will prevent any issues.

The bracket will allow for right/left movement and I haven't fully sorted how I'll adjust up/down.  We'll see!

Offline jeff d

« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2020, 07:21:34 pm »
Very cool build!  You should include an XLR connector somewhere as a signature.
Longtime caretaker of Hondas but new to SOHC/4's

Offline Pin2Hot

• Enthusiast
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2020, 08:26:48 pm »
In the 25 years or so that I've used this handle, you're only the 2nd person to ever get it.  Thanks for the kind words!

Offline RAF122S

• I feel like a very very
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #279 on: October 17, 2020, 12:00:34 am »
XLR setup as an ignition kill switch, if you don’t have the properly wired XLR connected then relay won’t work and bike won’t start...
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Pin2Hot

• Enthusiast
« Reply #280 on: October 17, 2020, 01:33:28 pm »
XLR setup as an ignition kill switch, if you don’t have the properly wired XLR connected then relay won’t work and bike won’t start...

Ha, that's a great idea.  "Sir why are you plugging a microphone into your bike?"

Offline Pin2Hot

• Enthusiast
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2020, 06:23:01 am »
Getting close to being finished with wiring this thing.  Still need to run two more wires up front for the turn signals, terminate the 8 mUnit IN/OUT wires into their connector and create a couple more plugs for the front turn signals / accent halo LED strips (which have yet to make an appearance in any photos . . . more to come there).

Here's a photo showing how I'm using that weird looking 3D printed wire guide.  I ran out of super tiny zip ties so as soon as more arrive I'll tidy up the straight wires by tying them to their respective "arm".  In this photo, up is towards the back of the bike.

One very satisfying activity I accomplished this weekend was drilling holes in the handlebars to accommodate the stock Honda controls I'm using.  The turn signal / hi beam / horn combo unit, as well as the starter/kill switch and throttle assembly all have posts that locate themselves in the handlebars to prevent rotation.  I was able to lock them in their finals spots and tidy up the wires.  Very nice seeing the controls in their final form.
Left control:

Right:

;
Honda