Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1299266 times)

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #17300 on: October 19, 2020, 05:47:41 pm »
Not telling you to poison them as that would be illegal but aspirins in a biscuit don't mix well with them.  Want them to have the foulest poop on the planet, feed them a can of Hormel Chili. They love it, but it loves them right back hard...
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #17301 on: October 19, 2020, 06:06:36 pm »
Neighbour across the road had a girl move in with 2 dogs. When nobody's home at night they don't stop barking and a couple of other dogs join in with them . That and the smelly monster pig next door doesn't help. What pisses me off is they just don't care.

Yep, our neighbours had a yappy little dunny rug on legs that wouldn’t stop barking until they let it inside Ken, and even though they were home most of the time they’d ignore it’s barking, and my cursing it and telling it to shut the fcuk up. This went on for over 10 years, until one day, when it just stopped. Not sure what happened to it, but they didn’t get another dog, so nice and peaceful now. ;D

Those little dogs have it in their DNA to yap like that,if only their brain could process that they're getting out of hand..
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #17302 on: October 19, 2020, 06:57:12 pm »
    I got a good bill of sale, so I'm taking that Sean guy down with me! That said, I didn't see an ID and he was moving.
   I was relieved the officer was good with the entire Vermont thing. He may be under the impression I have a Vermont based buyer. I've heard sometimes they balk at the non resident registration. I of course rolled it outside, away from the other bikes and didn't give any extra information.  I remembered it's like inviting a vampire into your home. Makes you powerless against them. L0L!

Lol,
Don,I'm glad you're doing the 'Vermont thing',I did it twice and I was out of state and a non-resident.

Update, the PoPo public affairs officer showed up today. He had the papers and the bike wasn't reported stolen as far as they can tell. He filled out everything and a couple lines that I missed. The last question was "do you have the title for this bike"?  I replied no, that's what I'm trying to accomplish here.  He had no complaint to that statement. I wonder in a few months if I could do it again? 83 KZ1100 shaftie.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #17303 on: October 19, 2020, 07:32:01 pm »
Well I was gonna apologise to Supercheap Auto because a box just arrived, woohoo! It felt a bit light though and when I opened it all there was, was the paint stripper, and no acetone. Oh well, I’ve still got a little acetone left, so I can move forward, but still pissed off that they didn’t bother to let me know. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17304 on: October 19, 2020, 08:26:53 pm »
Terry,Did they open up the shelter in place order for you there so you can take a ride or two ?

Offline CBJoe

• Master
« Reply #17305 on: October 19, 2020, 08:30:47 pm »
Little tweeker punks piss me off!  Little prick broke into an empty car. Glass is everywhere and a pita to clean up.
Here’s was some drunk pissed off guy walking down my alley randomly did to my vehicles a few months ago...surprised I forgot to post here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'07 Bonneville Black
'15 Moto Guzzi California 1400
CB750K2 Hot Rod Revival http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,171693.0.html
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17306 on: October 19, 2020, 08:37:58 pm »
I'm glad(NOT glad about what he did) that jerk wasn't in a vehicle,do you know him Joe ?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:40:17 pm by grcamna2 »

Offline CBJoe

• Master
« Reply #17307 on: October 19, 2020, 08:41:01 pm »
Nope...never saw before or again. Police report filed but never found guy.  I can confirm cameras don’t stop crap from happening, but sure makes insurance claims easy

'07 Bonneville Black
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17308 on: October 19, 2020, 08:46:23 pm »
Nope...never saw before or again. Police report filed but never found guy.  I can confirm cameras don’t stop crap from happening, but sure makes insurance claims easy

Horrendous the stuff some individuals will do,then later say stuff like "I don't have any problems,I'M FINE"
This pandemic is really bringing out some long-buried issues in a lot of people.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17309 on: October 19, 2020, 10:18:24 pm »
True, but there are just people in this world who were born arseholes, and need to be shown the error of their ways.

Many years ago I’d stopped at “KMart Tyre and Auto” to book my car in for a service. It was a hot day, so I’d left the drivers window open. As I walked back toward my car, I saw a kid about 16 or 17 walk past with his girlfriend and threw a Hungry Jacks burger wrapper into my car.

I was about 50 feet away, and covered that distance in about 3 seconds, grabbed the turd by his hair, smacked him upside his head and dragged him back to my car and made him pull the wrapper out, then frogmarched him to the nearest trash can, and made him put it in the bin. He was howling like a little girl, thought I was gonna kill him, and I booted him up the arse as I let him go.

I’d be very surprised if he ever did that again..... ;
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17310 on: October 19, 2020, 10:42:06 pm »
LOL  ;) ;D

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #17311 on: October 20, 2020, 12:53:29 am »
hey cbjoe,introduce that #$%* to an impaling.

Offline CBJoe

• Master
« Reply #17312 on: October 20, 2020, 07:52:29 am »
hey cbjoe,introduce that #$%* to an impaling.

Whats funny is that it worked out for me in the end.  That black car was my VW Passat R-Line I bought in 2017....had only 1 dent on rear quarter panel by the trunk lid..otherwise flawless.  When the insurance fixed and painted the damage that fixed that as well  ;D

Only cost me 100$ as I had a deductible that was specific for "vandalism" .  Then I sold the car a week after it was fixed....easy sell as it was so clean and pretty  ;)

Now they can throw shyte at my truck all day..i'll never notice any new dents or dings on it  ::)

'07 Bonneville Black
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17313 on: October 20, 2020, 01:55:00 pm »
Terry,Did they open up the shelter in place order for you there so you can take a ride or two ?

Sorry Bill, forgot to reply to this, yep I can now travel out to a radius of 15 miles, so I can go get my tyres for the F2 at least, but they haven’t lifted the “4 reasons why you should be out of your home” so I could still cop a 1600 dollar fine if they didn’t think whatever excuse I give them is sufficient, if pulled over, or stopped at a checkpoint. There is a whisper that there night be further easing of restrictions next week, so I’m hoping I can blow the cobwebs out of a few of my bikes soon, we’ve been in lockdown for most of the year.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17314 on: October 20, 2020, 02:16:57 pm »

Sorry Bill, forgot to reply to this, yep I can now travel out to a radius of 15 miles, so I can go get my tyres for the F2 at least, but they haven’t lifted the “4 reasons why you should be out of your home” so I could still cop a 1600 dollar fine if they didn’t think whatever excuse I give them is sufficient, if pulled over, or stopped at a checkpoint. There is a whisper that there night be further easing of restrictions next week, so I’m hoping I can blow the cobwebs out of a few of my bikes soon, we’ve been in lockdown for most of the year.

Wheww,
That's strict,although it's for saving lives and worth-it,imo.
How about paying for the tires with them online and then having them drop them off at a grocery store you frequent ??

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17315 on: October 20, 2020, 04:33:10 pm »

Wheww,
That's strict,although it's for saving lives and worth-it,imo.
How about paying for the tires with them online and then having them drop them off at a grocery store you frequent ??

I don't think I'll get into trouble if I go to the tyre shop, as I can argue that the bike is my only running mode of transport (which is bullsh1t of course, but they won't know) and need new tyres too keep it roadworthy. I'm only putting Stinko's on it, but the guys at the shop are great, they'll remove the old rock hard tyres, install and balance the new ones while I wait patiently, reading their newspaper and drinking their coffee.

I do own a pair of tyre irons, but they're more for self protection nowadays, because these guys are so cheap, it's not worth me sweating over them to save a couple of bucks, and they also throw the old tyres in their dumpster too for no extra charge. ;D 

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17316 on: October 20, 2020, 05:16:37 pm »
 Repro mirrors with magnifying lenses in them. I don't need to see the drivers face behind me I need to see all of the vehicles that are back there. I'd love some decent repro 750 K0 mirrors. 
 That pissed me off recently.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17317 on: October 21, 2020, 05:20:25 am »
Repro mirrors with magnifying lenses in them. I don't need to see the drivers face behind me I need to see all of the vehicles that are back there. I'd love some decent repro 750 K0 mirrors. 
 That pissed me off recently.

I was ratting thru a box trying to find a pair of mirrors for my F2 Don, and I found a couple of weird looking ones, only to discover today that they're K0 originals? God knows what they were doing in a box of F2 parts, but there you go. Something less I have to look for, for my K0 project. ;D

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17318 on: October 21, 2020, 09:58:35 am »
Awesome find. My Vermont non resident registration request went in the mail today. With any luck I can begin to add a few decent parts to my K0 too.  It survived a couple of VIN checks so I'm hopeful it will be mine on paper as well as in the shop.  I used to find a mirror on occasion by searching for cb450 parts. I remember my K2 500 having them as well.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17319 on: October 21, 2020, 11:41:14 am »
Awesome find. My Vermont non resident registration request went in the mail today. With any luck I can begin to add a few decent parts to my K0 too.  It survived a couple of VIN checks so I'm hopeful it will be mine on paper as well as in the shop.  I used to find a mirror on occasion by searching for cb450 parts. I remember my K2 500 having them as well.

Vermont works ! They are excellent although a tax estimate of fair-low market value of the bike as seen in a Blue book? is necessary(I estimated mine at $500)otherwise they can choose to reject the application.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:46:15 am by grcamna2 »

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17320 on: October 21, 2020, 06:15:41 pm »
 I probably overpaid on the tax but that's good with me if I get papers and a plate.

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #17321 on: October 21, 2020, 07:45:38 pm »
Sold my MT50 today, couldn't help shed a little tear for it, but, if you aren't using them, the seals on a bike will go. Went to a great young(about 21)guy who is into farkling around on 50cc 2 strokes so it's off to a good home.
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #17322 on: October 21, 2020, 07:58:42 pm »
Two and a half horse @ 6000 RPM?? They must have de-tuned them for 16 year olds there Scun?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #17323 on: October 21, 2020, 08:13:13 pm »
Soccer moms blocking the main road through town in both directions, queuing up to pick up their brats from school piss me off. >:( Seriously, I was coming back from the post office today, and as I turned off Main Street onto Prescott Street I ran into a traffic gridlock.. In freaking Humboldt. ??? I finally snaked around though a narrow gap between the west-bound and east-bound moms, who were jostling for position, while crossing a double-yellow line. I had seen the same thing in Cave Creek when working on the solar project a few years ago; when trying to leave the job site, the lane was blocked for several blocks before the school, and the only way around the traffic jam was to go in the on-coming lane. Soccer moms picking their brats up from school piss me off. >:(   
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #17324 on: October 22, 2020, 08:42:11 pm »
The specs were for the European versions I believe. They were restricted to comply with there licensing.
We got the snarling beast like full power version, it still wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding tho.
Lovely little bike.
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction