Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383671 times)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8600 on: August 31, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »
A friend was a glazer, they were replacing broken factory windows from a bucket lift and were parked on industrial railroad tracks. The safety guy failed to prevent a train from running on those tracks and just before the collision the workers unhooked their harnesses and stepped onto the window sill. Their lift was totaled and the fire department came to get them down. They were written up for unhooking their safety harnesses.  Fcuktard safety guys pizz me off.

That is pathetic.... >:(
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8601 on: September 01, 2015, 03:35:47 am »
That's terrible Kev, safety rules should keep you safe. In Australia, more people are killed in the construction industry every year than die on our roads. I worked in the industry (plant hire) for 2 years when I first left the Army, and remember several times when our guys were sent home from worksites due to a fatality, most of which could have been avoided if the workers on site just complied with laid down safety regs.

I worked at a big warehouse for awhile, and and we had a scissor lift style stock picker, which we ran up and down the 10 metre high rows of shelving. This piece of equipment has plenty of fore and aft stability when extended, but no side to side stability. It doesn't need to for it's intended purpose, as the shelving will only allow it to move an inch or two from side to side.

I was horrified when I walked into the warehouse one day to find two electricians had commandeered the stock picker to change some large halogen lamps in the ceiling of the warehouse. They hadn't asked any of the staff, who were unloading gas bottles at the rear of the warehouse when the electricians arrived. Without anyone's permission, these clowns had driven the picker out of the shelved area, into the open warehouse receipts area.

The picker was at it's maximum extent in the middle of the floor, well away from any supporting shelving, and as it still wasn't high enough to reach the ceiling, these numpty's had erected a 3 metre stepladder on the top of the picker so they could reach the lights. One electrician was on top of the ladder over 40 feet above the concrete floor, while the other held the ladder for him.

I couldn't believe it, neither of them were wearing harnesses or helmets, not that it would have made much difference, the stockpicker is not fitted with "outriggers", so was swaying from side to side as these two "tradesmen" went about their work, apparently oblivious to their situation. The stockpicker is operated from within, so I couldn't override the machine and bring them down safely, and in any case they refused my requests for them to come down, so I rang their boss who was on site, and he shouted them down and proceeded to give it to them to the point where I had to ask him to take them around the back of the warehouse to continue with his "counselling" session, as he was attracting an unwanted crowd of onlookers.

What really pissed me off is that they had a proper scissor lift on site, but these turkeys found our stock picker more convenient than moving their own equipment over from the other side of the site. Apart from putting themselves, and anyone in their vicinity in real danger, they effectively put myself and anyone who witnessed their antics at risk of being prosecuted, as we were responsible for the stockpicker. Fcuking eejits piss me off.................   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8602 on: September 01, 2015, 03:57:54 am »
Yes, you see some crazy stuff.
I recall many years ago when I was in the building game, carrying lengths of timber on my shoulder walking along a steel beam 2 floors up with no nets or harnesses....not even the slightest bit worried, that was the way things were done back then (in the 70s). These days I get nervous on the second rung of a ladder haha.
I also remember a big burly dogman (when they were allowed to ride the crane hook) jumping off the hook when it was still about 3ft off the ground......straight onto a piece of timber with a 4" nail poking out of it....it came straight through his foot and out the top of his boot...I can still hear his screams! Big burly dogman turned into little babbling baby....nasty.

And tell me....why do road workers need to wear hard hats? There's nothing above them except sky and birds sh1tting.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8603 on: September 01, 2015, 04:15:46 am »
To keep the sun out of their eyes Pete? ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8604 on: September 01, 2015, 04:24:39 am »
Any hat could do that....why do they have to wear HARD hats....it's got me fukced, and it pisses me off.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8605 on: September 01, 2015, 04:29:35 am »
Geez, you must be pissed off Pete, I wasn't even being serious......... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8606 on: September 01, 2015, 04:31:23 am »
I have to do a forklift operators assessment this Saturday after filling out an encyclopedia full of fcuking questions so that my FL licence can be renewed.
The thing is that I've been on and off the fcukas for about the last 40 years which has been incident free.
One of our ticketed operators come steering wheel attendant put the fcuking forklift tynes straight through the cladding on the workshop not so long ago.

He obviously hadn't been trained to communicate with his mates on fcuking Facebook whilst behind the wheel.

So the audit police noticed that my FL ticket had expired a couple of years ago and now I'm a naughty fcuking boy which stirred up a bit of dust.
But it's no big deal.

What pisses me off is that you'd reckon that a bloke would be given a bit of leeway after a couple of years.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8607 on: September 01, 2015, 05:01:20 am »
I lost my sense of humour in the dentist chair.... :-\
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #8608 on: September 01, 2015, 05:12:27 am »
Safety ahh many many years ago when I was in, I was doing a  preflight on a P2V7 Neptune anyhow one of the things on the preflight was check for water in the fuel which you did by turning a petcock and watching and feeling the stuff that came out "Called draining the Sump" well the fuel the A/C used was 115/145 octane gas now that was good stuff you filled your Zippo with that and you didn't have to worry about it lighting in a windstorm, better than lighter fluid any day, any how I did my preflight and was walking along to the next one I was assigned to and looked over to the wheel well of another and here this idiot had just filled his zippo standing in a pool of gas and was flipping it, all the while #$%*ing about he may have gotten water in the lighter I freaked, swore at him to stop it and started to run his buddy who he was talking to reached over and grabbed his hand and lighter and then a corporal showed up and started giving him #$%*  I was by this time maybe a 100 ft away and still moving if dip #$%* had thought standing in a pool of gas in the wheel well of an aircraft with maybe 1200 gallon of gas in it (  can't remember now how much they held ) if it had gone off it would have wiped the flight line probably the hangar and most of the squadron. The idiot got #$%* from all the ground crew for weeks afterward.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #8609 on: September 01, 2015, 02:30:14 pm »
Time zones piss me off. A few days ago we flew from Fairbanks to Seattle to pick up a connecting flight to LAX. Sitting in the waiting area I noticed that it was time we should be boarding but no announcement. Went to the desk (Air Alaska) and the bloke there (who I reckon must have had a personality bypass at birth) tells me the flight had gone. I says but its only 11.30 and he says no, its 12.30. He also says he was looking for us when we didn't show up to board. Yeh, right, we were only about 40-50 feet away. Anyhow he got us seats on the next flight which left about 1/2 hour later. Very kind of him I 'spose considering the flights were almost fully booked.
And also pissed that we didn't here any announcement on the flight in that we were changing time zones but then there might have been. Tinny PAs on planes and in terminals piss me off too. Luckily we had 5 or 6 hours up our sleeve at LAX.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8610 on: September 02, 2015, 01:49:15 am »

Yeah, going to the dentist sucks balls Pete, what'd they do to you? I haven't been for years, I lost the gold cap off one tooth and most of that tooth fell apart, I've got a temporary filling from Boxing Day 2010 that the fang farrier told me to get fixed within 30 days (and it's still holding up fine so she can get fcuked) but the tooth beside it fell apart after the filling fell out.

Luckily the nerves were dead in all three, so no pain = no going to the fcuking tooth fairy. I opted out of health insurance 14 years ago, but when I gave up smoking in January I spent the money I usually spent on ciggy's on a new health insurance policy for me and the missus. There was a 3 month waiting period before I could go to the dentist, but fcuk that, I won't be making too many claims, dentists are sadistic krunts and they've got no fcuking friends...........  ;D 

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8611 on: September 02, 2015, 01:59:44 am »

Yeah, going to the dentist sucks balls Pete, what'd they do to you? I haven't been for years, I lost the gold cap off one tooth and most of that tooth fell apart, I've got a temporary filling from Boxing Day 2010 that the fang farrier told me to get fixed within 30 days (and it's still holding up fine so she can get fcuked) but the tooth beside it fell apart after the filling fell out.

Luckily the nerves were dead in all three, so no pain = no going to the fcuking tooth fairy. I opted out of health insurance 14 years ago, but when I gave up smoking in January I spent the money I usually spent on ciggy's on a new health insurance policy for me and the missus. There was a 3 month waiting period before I could go to the dentist, but fcuk that, I won't be making too many claims, dentists are sadistic krunts and they've got no fcuking friends...........  ;D 
Got a few things to be done, some verging on major, due to being very much like you Tez, crowns disintegrating, fillings falling out...built-in obsolescence I reckon....luckily I have private too, chance to get some of my premiums back at last. He's a nice bloke, but he did delight in telling me about his rolls royce....
But really, what sort of person actually wants to be a dentist....krunt of a job I reckon....apart from the income. ..
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8612 on: September 02, 2015, 02:12:21 am »
I have to do a forklift operators assessment this Saturday after filling out an encyclopedia full of fcuking questions so that my FL licence can be renewed.
The thing is that I've been on and off the fcukas for about the last 40 years which has been incident free.
One of our ticketed operators come steering wheel attendant put the fcuking forklift tynes straight through the cladding on the workshop not so long ago.

He obviously hadn't been trained to communicate with his mates on fcuking Facebook whilst behind the wheel.

So the audit police noticed that my FL ticket had expired a couple of years ago and now I'm a naughty fcuking boy which stirred up a bit of dust.
But it's no big deal.

What pisses me off is that you'd reckon that a bloke would be given a bit of leeway after a couple of years.  ;D

Geez Mick, that's a bit crook making you come in on a Saturday for a fork assessment? Wouldn't you rather be tested in front of all your work mates? Ha ha, I did my course when I was in the army and the instructors were absolute arseholes, they had us reversing (with no mirrors, of course) on a slalom course they set up which was just wide enough for the fork to go without knocking over any witches hats, putting pallets full of empty water jerries on the top of shelving 20 feet high, loading pallets on top of other pallets in the backs of trucks, you name it, we did it. I was #$%*ting myself waiting for the worksafe blokes to assess me, but they were easy compared to my army instructors.

The main things to remember is to do all your pre-start checks, (just do a google search, it's all there) know how to read the lifting capacity matrix, make sure you put your seatbelt on as soon as you jump on the fork, and listen to what they ask you to do, and you'll be fine. A hint for old players is that the worksafe inspectors don't give a fcuk how long you've had your fork license, they're more than happy to take licenses off old forkies who've forgotten the safety regs.

You'll be fine Mick, just make sure you prepare before your assessment. Cheers, Terry. ;D   

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8613 on: September 02, 2015, 02:19:24 am »

Got a few things to be done, some verging on major, due to being very much like you Tez, crowns disintegrating, fillings falling out...built-in obsolescence I reckon....luckily I have private too, chance to get some of my premiums back at last. He's a nice bloke, but he did delight in telling me about his rolls royce....
But really, what sort of person actually wants to be a dentist....krunt of a job I reckon....apart from the income. ..

Yeah mate, the problem is that we're living too long. My toothy pegs were all beaut 20 years ago, back then I was jumping out of perfectly good aeroplanes, rapelling down 200 foot cliffs, shooting guns, blowing up unexploded bombs, running like a fcuking olympian (without the drugs) and rooting anything in a skirt. If I had of snuffed it then I would have had a lovely smile for my open casket public bereavement, but now, 20 years and 40 kilo's on, they'll shove me in a 44 gallon drum and screw the lid down tight, and roll me into the Yarra.............. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8614 on: September 02, 2015, 03:18:31 am »
I'll come and lift ya outa the Yarra mate when I get my forkies ticket renewed.
Licenced or unlicenced, who gives a fcuk.
A coupla cold beers and the jobs right.
The work health and safety mob will be pissed off but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8615 on: September 02, 2015, 03:37:56 am »
Well after a week and a half of #$%*ing about I have finally gotten a loan organised for a newer car.  The old racing astra is currently 27 years old and has well over 300k on it, the engine is still solid but the body is damn near #$%*ed.  It will be a sad day to pension the old girl off as I did my license test in it many years ago, and for a long time it belonged to my parents.  The best part about the old beast is it only uses about 6l/100km, and has been its saving grace for a number of years.  It will be getting put out to pasture at a mates place, for him to use to run from his farm into town. 
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8616 on: September 02, 2015, 03:52:35 am »
Good on ya Mick, and I won't care if you've got a ticket or not, I'll just be happy to be dry again.  How extreme are your employers work health and safety rules? I think I remember you talking about an audit you had last year? If whoever you work for are keen for you to have a license then they should pay for your training, it's only a 2 day course, the company I used to work for paid for my license renewal and paid for my guys training whenever I hired anyone who didn't have a license, I think it came under their "Duty of Care" obligation? Anyway, you'll be OK, do a bit of research to get you up to date, and you'll be good to go. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8617 on: September 02, 2015, 03:54:34 am »
Well after a week and a half of #$%*ing about I have finally gotten a loan organised for a newer car.  The old racing astra is currently 27 years old and has well over 300k on it, the engine is still solid but the body is damn near #$%*ed.  It will be a sad day to pension the old girl off as I did my license test in it many years ago, and for a long time it belonged to my parents.  The best part about the old beast is it only uses about 6l/100km, and has been its saving grace for a number of years.  It will be getting put out to pasture at a mates place, for him to use to run from his farm into town. 

Yep, they become family members Andrew, it'll be hard to hand those keys over, I reckon? What are you going to buy? I'm thinking about leasing a new car, but I love my little Subaru, so I might buy a Harley instead............ ;D

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8618 on: September 02, 2015, 04:05:52 am »

Yep, they become family members Andrew, it'll be hard to hand those keys over, I reckon? What are you going to buy? I'm thinking about leasing a new car, but I love my little Subaru, so I might buy a Harley instead............ ;D

It sure will be, like the Pajero I sold a couple of years ago, I had it for 8 years and went damn near everywhere in it.  Even drove it to Victoria a few times. 
This time I'm getting another Pajero, this time an '02 model, with all the niceties in it.  ;D
1979 CB650Z

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8619 on: September 02, 2015, 04:09:53 am »

But it's no big deal.

Geez Mick, that's a bit crook making you come in on a Saturday for a fork assessment? Wouldn't you rather be tested in front of all your work mates? Ha ha, I did my course when I was in the army and the instructors were absolute arseholes, they had us reversing (with no mirrors, of course) on a slalom course they set up which was just wide enough for the fork to go without knocking over any witches hats, putting pallets full of empty water jerries on the top of shelving 20 feet high, loading pallets on top of other pallets in the backs of trucks, you name it, we did it. I was #$%*ting myself waiting for the worksafe blokes to assess me, but they were easy compared to my army instructors.

The main things to remember is to do all your pre-start checks, (just do a google search, it's all there) know how to read the lifting capacity matrix, make sure you put your seatbelt on as soon as you jump on the fork, and listen to what they ask you to do, and you'll be fine. A hint for old players is that the worksafe inspectors don't give a fcuk how long you've had your fork license, they're more than happy to take licenses off old forkies who've forgotten the safety regs.

You'll be fine Mick, just make sure you prepare before your assessment. Cheers, Terry. ;D
Thanks mate.
I had to register with this USI (Unique Student Identifier) mob which is some Federal Government turnout so that all of your tickets are logged into a data base.

On Monday, I spent a bit of time with our Internal Auditor at the workshop going through a few issues before the External Audit police arrive in about 3 weeks.
The retractable seatbelt on the forklift was seized into it's housing which sort of gave us a bit of clue to the seat belt compliance that had been undertaken.
She wasn't impressed so out came the WD40 to sort the problem out.
Then she noticed that the fcuking Savlon in the First Aid kit had expired a couple of weeks ago and that became another thing on the list to address.

I reckon that the Savlon in my first aid kit at home probably expired about 10 fcuking years ago and it still works ok when you bust ya finger open on something.

It's no wonder that a blokes got an alcohol consumption problem having to think about if the fcuking Savlon has hit it's use by date.
Pisses me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8620 on: September 02, 2015, 04:16:56 am »

It sure will be, like the Pajero I sold a couple of years ago, I had it for 8 years and went damn near everywhere in it.  Even drove it to Victoria a few times. 
This time I'm getting another Pajero, this time an '02 model, with all the niceties in it.  ;D

No worries mate, I've got a mate who owns two late model Pajero's, he's had them since the 80's and reckon's they're great, but his newest one has become a problem, something to do with cracking heads or blocks? Not covered by warranty or a recall apparently, so he's gonna be out up to 10 grand he's been told. I'm not sure what year it is (maybe 2010? I remember him buying it, just can't remember which year) but you probably know about this, having been in the trade? Cheers, Terry. ;D 

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8621 on: September 02, 2015, 04:19:35 am »

Thanks mate.
I had to register with this USI (Unique Student Identifier) mob which is some Federal Government turnout so that all of your tickets are logged into a data base.

On Monday, I spent a bit of time with our Internal Auditor at the workshop going through a few issues before the External Audit police arrive in about 3 weeks.
The retractable seatbelt on the forklift was seized into it's housing which sort of gave us a bit of clue to the seat belt compliance that had been undertaken.
She wasn't impressed so out came the WD40 to sort the problem out.
Then she noticed that the fcuking Savlon in the First Aid kit had expired a couple of weeks ago and that became another thing on the list to address.

I reckon that the Savlon in my first aid kit at home probably expired about 10 fcuking years ago and it still works ok when you bust ya finger open on something.

It's no wonder that a blokes got an alcohol consumption problem having to think about if the fcuking Savlon has hit it's use by date.
Pisses me off.  ;D

Ha ha, have you noticed how most WHS managers are female Mick? I have a theory on this, it's because women don't possess common sense, so are perfect for the job.......... ;D

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8622 on: September 02, 2015, 04:36:26 am »

No worries mate, I've got a mate who owns two late model Pajero's, he's had them since the 80's and reckon's they're great, but his newest one has become a problem, something to do with cracking heads or blocks? Not covered by warranty or a recall apparently, so he's gonna be out up to 10 grand he's been told. I'm not sure what year it is (maybe 2010? I remember him buying it, just can't remember which year) but you probably know about this, having been in the trade? Cheers, Terry. ;D 
I have seen many diesels with cracked heads, but the petrols like I'm getting the only time I've seen a failure on one of those is when they have been severely abused.  The best one was one where the old guy liked to run on the highway in 3rd gear, because his old Holden only had 3 gears and thought the other two gears to be a waste of time.  Needless to say it dropped heads off valves numerous times and every time it was apparently our fault.  Even the first time  ??? ???.  My last one was a 92 with the 3L V6 and this one has the 3.5L V6.  Only has 175k on the clock which is pretty good for that year.  Looks like new inside, and pretty bloody good outside.   ;D ;D
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8623 on: September 02, 2015, 04:40:35 am »
No worries Andrew, my mate's got diesel Paj's, good to know the petrol models are OK. ;D

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #8624 on: September 02, 2015, 04:45:43 am »
No worries Andrew, my mate's got diesel Paj's, good to know the petrol models are OK. ;D
Yeah the modern Pajero diesel engines are now pushed too far from their base design which has been around since the mid 90's when they were a basic oiler and unfortunately reliability is starting to become an issue.
1979 CB650Z