Author Topic: What is that coming out of the sea......Oh No!!! It's GODZILLA!!! 2015 Ride  (Read 30951 times)

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Thanks! I just got an email that someone else helped out.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"
Delkevic Stainless 4-1 Header, Cone Engineering 18" Quiet Core Reverse Cone, K&N Filter in Drilled Airbox
K5 Crankcase/Frame, K4 Head and Cylinders, K1 Carbs (42;120;1 Turn)

She's a mix-matched (former) basket case, but she's mine.

CB750 Shop Manual (all years), searchable text PDF
Calculating the correct input circumference for digital speedometers connected to the original speedometer drive

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
Does the lizzard have any travel plans yet?

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Nothing yet... I can do a day trip with about a week's notice (vacation time from work, if necessary).

Bangor, ME or Bar Harbour, ME and surrounding areas are good handoff spots for me... about 3 hours ride each way. Augusta, ME is 4 hours away, and probably the furthest I could do in a day.

Unless, of course, someone wants to meet up in Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:43:53 am by evanphi »
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"
Delkevic Stainless 4-1 Header, Cone Engineering 18" Quiet Core Reverse Cone, K&N Filter in Drilled Airbox

Calculating the correct input circumference for digital speedometers connected to the original speedometer drive

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
Sorry, Evan, over 700 miles for me  ;D

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Yeah only about 250 miles for me (400KM) each way. That's about all I can do in one day!
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
My longest GZ run was 600 miles in a day, quite the trip, LOL  ;D

Offline RevDoc

• Hot Shot
My longest GZ run was 600 miles in a day, quite the trip, LOL  ;D

That's about what it would be for me from here to Bangor. Would that mean we would be candidates for the "Iron Ass" club I've seen referred to a few times?  ;)

Between us Prokop, we could have the Mid-Atlantic pretty well covered if we can just have someone up north weigh in for the boarder crossing leg.
Dana

'78 CB550K--Angie
'82 CB750 Custom--Eva

As soon as you straddle a bike expect every other driver on the road to suddenly start competeing for the title "Dumbestsonofa#$%*inallNorthAmerica!!"

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
Iron ass is 1000 mile afaik :)

Maybe somebody from New England will help the effort.

Wasn't there an idea of GZ going to Michigan first?

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Yes I need to meet up with a New England rider! I can go a bit further than Bangor if necessary.
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
I know your planning to get the LIZARD to Michigan..............This is just to let you know that I am making plans to go to Bonneville and could give him a ride west through Minnesota, S.D., Wyoming and Utah. Johny and others are waiting in Wisconsin to give him a ride and take him to lunch anytime in August.

I plan to leave for Bonneville on August 26th. Will arrive on Saturday the 29th, and begin to compete with my Classic Bonneville Racer (CB750) on Sunday. 

Anybody that wants to meet up in Wendover should let me know. A one-day pass onto the Salt-Flats is $25. I can get discounted 5-day passes for $40 but need to know by mid-July. Cheap hotel rooms are available............or you can camp or ask for the bed in my van or the floor in my hotel room.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Still looking for someone on the east coast to meet up with. I could make it an overnighter if necessary
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Time to move him on, even if it means a box; he hasn't moved since mid May. No more long term one rider visits, please. ;) If anyone in the North-east can put together a group meeting in the very near future, please do so, and make sure he gets to Dennis before he departs for the salt in late August.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:50:59 pm by scottly »
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Righto.

I think best thing at this point is for me to box him up again... Bummer. I have to take some vacation time for other things starting next thursday, and I can't make them overnights (wife is away so home with daughter).

Who should PZ go to next?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:06:25 am by evanphi »
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
Glad he will be on the move again.  Once he gets closer to the West Coast I am in for a ride about with him.  ALSO, when he moves to the east coast let me know I have to mail the notebook as I didn't send it to Canada when I mailed Pimpzilla off.  So I will mail to PZs next home.
1976 CB550F
Standard disclaimer: Remember I am just a girl--so be nice fellows!

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
Numerous bike events going on the east coast and in the midwest..........VMD begins this Thursday in Lexington Ohio......................Someone on a CB750 must be going.............Lets see if we can get GZ to the Michigan riders (Sean etal) so they can have some fun meeting new friends. I have a few local rides planned for August in Wisconsin, including a meet-up with Johny and others for a CB750 lunch cruise and an 8/13 cruise to Turtle Lake..........GZ might like that ;)
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline The other Derek

• Merely an
  • Enthusiast
I missed out last year and was hoping to take part on the ride this summer.  It's looking like PZ's progress has stalled.  I know there was a discussion about the Great Lakes area riders meeting up in Cleveland in mid-August, but I can't make that weekend and don't even know if it is still happening.

It would be great to get him moving again, but it seems like shipping him to MI would leave a lot of riders without a chance to get some PZ time.  I'd be happy to take him, but don't want to leave anyone out.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
if you get him post when you want to ride and where.i should be able to make it with a few days notice
don't buy it build it

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Like I said, if we can find any sort of agreement as to where he'll go next I will ship him ASAP.

He's getting bored. He's been thrown across the room by my daughter one too many times, haha.
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"

Offline The other Derek

• Merely an
  • Enthusiast
Dave- I can meet up in about a week.  Work is really rough right now, but next week I will be able to at least ride out to you or SeanBarney to hand off PZ. 

I'd be happy to receive him.

My dogs probably would be a lot less nice to him than your daughter.  I'll have to set up a safe room while he is staying with me.

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
This seems like the only option that people will bite on! Make sure PZ gets to Bonneville, too!

PM sent!
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
looks like august works for me    july  is booked(wife)
don't buy it build it

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
Tagging up!
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
PZ is on his way to The Other Derek!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:56:21 am by evanphi »
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"

Offline Mooshie

• Expert
So is the log that goes with PZ.  Just mailed it today.  Let's get PZ moving back toward CA!!!!
1976 CB550F
Standard disclaimer: Remember I am just a girl--so be nice fellows!

Offline The other Derek

• Merely an
  • Enthusiast
PimpZilla and the log book are now both in my possession.  Thanks Mooshie and Evanphi!

I've got some time this week to meet up with someone to get this relay going again.