Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383900 times)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8475 on: August 10, 2015, 03:40:13 pm »
Bloody hell Tez!

Your twenty five years to late.
Pat and I used to drag our arse to Canberra every fortnight to race at Fairburn Park.

It would have been nice to be able to wake you up at 1am, drink your beer and crash on your lounge for a couple of hours instead of driving straight home.  ;D

Bet your "Pissed Off" your going to miss out on that one.

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:54:28 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #8476 on: August 11, 2015, 03:25:06 am »
Bloody hell Tez!

Your twenty five years to late.
Pat and I used to drag our arse to Canberra every fortnight to race at Fairburn Park.

It would have been nice to be able to wake you up at 1am, drink your beer and crash on your lounge for a couple of hours instead of driving straight home.  ;D

Bet your "Pissed Off" your going to miss out on that one.

Cheers,
Brian

That's a sweet outfit Brian, GSX1100 powered? Anyway, you don't need an excuse to visit mate, you're welcome to drop in at 1am and drink my beer, once I get an address in Canberra I'll let you know, and leave the outside light on.

It looks like the spares for the new aircraft will be stored at RAAF Base Edinburgh, so I'll need to travel between Canberra and Adelaide, so I should be able to catch up with Pete too. I might still get a ride on his awesome CB1100R............ ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #8477 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:37 am »

That's a sweet outfit Brian, GSX1100 powered? Anyway, you don't need an excuse to visit mate, you're welcome to drop in at 1am and drink my beer, once I get an address in Canberra I'll let you know, and leave the outside light on.
[/quote]

You know your gear Tez, Yep it's a air cooled GSK.
Without a doubt, the toughest comp. motor ever. I just luv em.

"you're welcome to drop in at 1am and drink my beer, once I get an address in Canberra I'll let you know"
You may live to regret that offer mate, but nether the less thank's for the offer.

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:39:18 am by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8478 on: August 11, 2015, 04:57:29 am »
I'm sure we'll catch up when you're over here in Radelaide Tez, sounds good. So is Mrs Tez good with the new job and time away?

I spotted that gsx motor too, but I didn't want to show off  ::)
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8479 on: August 11, 2015, 04:44:36 pm »
Thanks Guys, the door in Canberra will be open to all who'd like to visit, though God knows why anyone would go to Canberra on purpose?

Pete, the wife is happy enough now that I've explained the financial benefits, and promised that this isn't a cunning ruse to leave her, the poor thing. You'd reckon she'd be happy if I pissed off and left her the house, but there you go, a shining example of the "Stockholm Syndrome" at work....... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #8480 on: August 12, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »
Me and the missus are pissed that our luggage decided to have a 3 day break in Ft Worth Dallas while we made our way to Calgary, Banff and Jasper. Even more pissed after we'd spent about $500 replacing clothes, bag, toiletries etc when our luggage decided it had had enough of southern hospitality and caught up with us. I'll be even more pissed if I die because I haven't had my blood pressure tabs for 4 days.
BTW spotted a cool looking a cafe'd CB75OK in Calgary. Belong to anyone from here?
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8481 on: August 12, 2015, 08:42:02 pm »
Me and the missus are pissed that our luggage decided to have a 3 day break in Ft Worth Dallas while we made our way to Calgary, Banff and Jasper. Even more pissed after we'd spent about $500 replacing clothes, bag, toiletries etc when our luggage decided it had had enough of southern hospitality and caught up with us. I'll be even more pissed if I die because I haven't had my blood pressure tabs for 4 days.
BTW spotted a cool looking a cafe'd CB75OK in Calgary. Belong to anyone from here?

I'm pissed off that you're even over there and I'm not.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8482 on: August 13, 2015, 02:56:07 am »
I bought another OptiMate 6 battery charger on eBay a couple of days ago, I've got 4 now, and they are without a doubt the best battery charger in the free world. They can recharge a dead flat battery, desulphate a battery that won't take a charge, they won't boil the fluid out of your battery like most trickle chargers eventually will, and over the years that I've owned them, I haven't had to replace a bike battery, as opposed to replacing them every year previously.

With my ever increasing herd, I needed another one, so was quite excited when the wife told me that a parcel had arrived. Instead of dawdling on my way home, I raced home, only to find that the parcel was a new power supply from Foxtel, which didn't fix the fcuking problem anyway........ ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8483 on: August 13, 2015, 04:21:48 am »
So those Optimate 6 Chargers are pretty good Terry?
I've been chewing over a few options lately to replace the 20 year old Arlec that still does the job.
It's been a beaut little charger and was sorta up there at the time when I bought it.

But to be quite honest, it's just a fcuken useless fcuken poofta charger that'd be flat out charging a Big Jim torch battery if it was handed the task.
Gay fcuken Arlec battery chargers piss me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8484 on: August 13, 2015, 04:37:43 am »
Ha ha, I've still got my beaut little Arlec charger Mick, and another one I bought Dad's still sitting in his shed, as I can't bring myself to do anything with his stuff yet, it's kinda weird. But I digress.

Those old Arlec's were good chargers, but they don't compare to modern "Smart" chargers mate. The Optimate tests your battery to determine whether it needs reconditioning, then charges it appropriately. It can tell how many amp hours it is, and ensures that it doesn't put too many amps into it, and will never boil it dry. If your battery is totally flat (like my mower battery was after no use for a year) it'll test it, then desulphate it, then charge it up to 14.5 volts, then maintain a charge to keep it in tip top condition.

There are no magic tricks of course, if your battery is fcuked it'll still be fcuked after you hook up the OptiMate, but at least it'll tell you up front that it's fcuked so you're not wasting your time. Here's a link to the eBay seller who I've bought all four chargers from, (2 x Optimate 4 and 2 x OptiMate 6. The 6's are more expensive, but work well on bikes and cars, whereas the 4's are more bike specific) these guys are very good. Cheers, Terry. ;D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OptiMate-6-12-VOLT-5-AMP-Battery-Charger-/291057076928?hash=item43c45a8ac0

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8485 on: August 13, 2015, 02:29:54 pm »
Thanks mate, I'll have a look at those lads.
I was wondering how it desulfates the battery.

When I replaced the filter, chlorinator and salt cell on the swimming pool a few years ago, I bought a chlorinator that reverses polarity on each cycle to decalcify the build up on the salt cell and it works well to keep it clean and functioning efficiently.

Previously on the original set up, you had to periodically take the cell off and soak in diluted hydrochloric acid to clean it which was a real PITA.
It was just another job that I didn't need.

As the ol' mate said to me when we build that pool back in the 90's - Mick, you're gonna be married to this thing and he was spot on.
Time and money and a bit of occasional pleasure.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8486 on: August 13, 2015, 02:48:37 pm »
I bought a small but quality built air compressor 25 years ago that has served me well but now it seems it's compressor unit needs a rebuild, the problem now is it's so old that I can't find any info on it in regards to some sort of rebuild kit and can't get the manufacturer to respond to my emails to see if any parts are still available. Now I'm pissed.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8487 on: August 14, 2015, 03:57:49 am »
Thanks mate, I'll have a look at those lads.
I was wondering how it desulfates the battery.

When I replaced the filter, chlorinator and salt cell on the swimming pool a few years ago, I bought a chlorinator that reverses polarity on each cycle to decalcify the build up on the salt cell and it works well to keep it clean and functioning efficiently.

Previously on the original set up, you had to periodically take the cell off and soak in diluted hydrochloric acid to clean it which was a real PITA.
It was just another job that I didn't need.

As the ol' mate said to me when we build that pool back in the 90's - Mick, you're gonna be married to this thing and he was spot on.

No worries Mick, my new charger arrived today, they send them via express post bags so it only takes a day or two out of Brisbane, which is great. I need to hook it up to the battery in my son's Ford "Exploder", it's been sitting in my back yard for 2 years now I think? Anyway, I've charged it up a couple of times over that time with my optimate chargers and disconnected the battery and I'm constantly surprised at how well it starts after sitting dormant for a month or so between starts. Good stuff. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #8488 on: August 15, 2015, 03:34:15 pm »
#$%*e weather pisses me off.
another weekend of endless rain and no motorcycle riding
farkle
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8489 on: August 15, 2015, 03:51:56 pm »
You must be getting what we had/are having scunny....same here, my bikes are just sitting about looking sad and negelected....bring on Spring I say! Heading off for breakie with a mate....was going to be a ride, but it's the ute today...grr. I've got a club ride organised for the end of the month that's an overnighter, I'll be pissed off if the weather hasn't cleared by then....the forecast next week is showers every day, so........ ???
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8490 on: August 15, 2015, 04:30:21 pm »

Jaysus Mick. Your pool and my ex, so much in common. Unreal.

Kev

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8491 on: August 15, 2015, 04:41:47 pm »
You must be getting what we had/are having scunny....same here, my bikes are just sitting about looking sad and negelected....bring on Spring I say! Heading off for breakie with a mate....was going to be a ride, but it's the ute today...grr. I've got a club ride organised for the end of the month that's an overnighter, I'll be pissed off if the weather hasn't cleared by then....the forecast next week is showers every day, so........ ???

The weather here's been surprisingly good to us for the last few days Pete, sunshine and almost warm? I'm tossing up whether I'll do some more work on the twin engined bicycle (I got it running again yesterday after sitting dormant for several years in my cousin's barn) or going for a ride. I think the ride will win out, but now I can't decide between the Rocket III or the FJ1200. I'm leaning towards the Yam right now, I need to get some corners under the new Pirelli Sport Demons............ ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:47:53 pm by Terry in Australia »

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8492 on: August 15, 2015, 10:28:46 pm »

Jaysus Mick. Your pool and my ex, so much in common. Unreal.

Kev
Yep, some things in life just never change Kev.
That's just how it is.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8493 on: August 16, 2015, 02:20:38 am »
The "Hairy Lasso" vs the "In ground Lasso", eh? Both of them are holes that you throw money into............. ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8494 on: August 16, 2015, 05:05:05 pm »
It's the same with bloody boats mate.
Just another hole to chuck money into.
That's why the acronym for boat is - Break Out Another Thousand (Bucks)

I was getting depressed thinking about this but now I'm pissed off and everything's good again.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8495 on: August 17, 2015, 01:13:23 am »
Ha ha, yep, I'm lucky that I get seasick on a wet lawn, so I have no interest in boats. My mate John sold his Ducati back in the 90's to buy a ski boat, the bike only paid for the hull, so he borrowed the dough to buy two massive outboards, then paid a carpenter to fill the trailer frame in with nice stained timber, then bought 4 new wheels and tyres to match the wheels on his tow car, then parked it for a couple of years, and in that time he took it out maybe twice?

All up I think it owed him over 50 grand, and he ended up selling it for around 10, from memory? He went back to collecting bikes, and now he's not pissed off any more.............. ;D

ken65

« Reply #8496 on: August 18, 2015, 05:35:43 pm »
As far as boats go, there's only 2 good day. The day you buy it and the day you sell it. this doesn't piss me off. But

I just had to send my ctek battery charger back for warranty work. i could be ages without it. I had to send it to the seller

whos in NSW (im in QLD) then he said he'll send it back to the manufacturer.  I could be without one for months. that cheeses me off

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8497 on: August 18, 2015, 06:01:22 pm »
Buy an OptiMate Ken, the eBay seller is in QLD, and I've never had to send one back. Cheers, Terry. ;D

ken65

« Reply #8498 on: August 18, 2015, 09:42:21 pm »
I looked at his site only a day or so ago Terry and seriously considered it, but he sold his last one.

I will keep my eyes pealed though...

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8499 on: August 18, 2015, 10:00:50 pm »
Just contact them Ken, they're the Australian distributor, I think? Cheers, Terry.;D