Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1383686 times)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #8650 on: September 03, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »
Good on ya Mick, and I won't care if you've got a ticket or not, I'll just be happy to be dry again.  How extreme are your employers work health and safety rules? I think I remember you talking about an audit you had last year? If whoever you work for are keen for you to have a license then they should pay for your training, it's only a 2 day course, the company I used to work for paid for my license renewal and paid for my guys training whenever I hired anyone who didn't have a license, I think it came under their "Duty of Care" obligation? Anyway, you'll be OK, do a bit of research to get you up to date, and you'll be good to go. ;D
There'll be no out of pocket expenses for me mate for the FL Ticket which will be covered.

We get audited every 12 months for our Environment, Safety and Quality Management Systems to keep our accreditation up to speed.
The goal is to get our Federal Accreditation but we've gotta jump through flaming hoops of fire to achieve that.
It's a challenge and we'll get there eventually.
One of the biggest hurdles is to keep everybody who is employed here on the same plateau and that has been a downfall over the years due to various reasons.

So, I've been given the task of raising the bar and keeping the level maintained which will keep us heading in the right direction so that we can achieve our goal.
A bit of diplomacy and communicating goes a long way with the fellas and gets them on side so that everybody works together and keeps the required standards up where they should be.

At the end of the day, the non compliers are beginning to realise that I might be a good bloke to have a beer with, but I'm a kunt to work for if ya don't tow the fcuking line.
That pisses 'em off.  ;D

Best of luck with that Mick, trying to manage staff fairly and equally is like herding fcuking cats, but you've gotta try........ ;D
And Or a flock of fcuking Seagulls.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #8651 on: September 03, 2015, 10:30:34 pm »
Good on ya Mick, and I won't care if you've got a ticket or not, I'll just be happy to be dry again.  How extreme are your employers work health and safety rules? I think I remember you talking about an audit you had last year? If whoever you work for are keen for you to have a license then they should pay for your training, it's only a 2 day course, the company I used to work for paid for my license renewal and paid for my guys training whenever I hired anyone who didn't have a license, I think it came under their "Duty of Care" obligation? Anyway, you'll be OK, do a bit of research to get you up to date, and you'll be good to go. ;D
There'll be no out of pocket expenses for me mate for the FL Ticket which will be covered.

We get audited every 12 months for our Environment, Safety and Quality Management Systems to keep our accreditation up to speed.
The goal is to get our Federal Accreditation but we've gotta jump through flaming hoops of fire to achieve that.
It's a challenge and we'll get there eventually.
One of the biggest hurdles is to keep everybody who is employed here on the same plateau and that has been a downfall over the years due to various reasons.

So, I've been given the task of raising the bar and keeping the level maintained which will keep us heading in the right direction so that we can achieve our goal.
A bit of diplomacy and communicating goes a long way with the fellas and gets them on side so that everybody works together and keeps the required standards up where they should be.

At the end of the day, the non compliers are beginning to realise that I might be a good bloke to have a beer with, but I'm a kunt to work for if ya don't tow the fcuking line.
That pisses 'em off.  ;D

Best of luck with that Mick, trying to manage staff fairly and equally is like herding fcuking cats, but you've gotta try........ ;D
And Or a flock of fcuking Seagulls.  ;D

They were fairly dire, even by the pitiful standards of the time.

Kev

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #8652 on: September 03, 2015, 11:48:15 pm »
I have  found that going too hard for the rear brake pedal tends to invite additional woe. Personally, I would be going for app 75% braking force on the front brake, applied as progressively as circumstances permit to get heat into the tyre improving grip and avoiding lockup, and using the rear mostly to help steady things.

Of course, prevention is always better than cure.

Kev

I would add to the above:
Ride at a speed at which you can stop in the distance you can see.
You can never be certain what awaits on a blind bend or crest.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8653 on: September 04, 2015, 01:33:29 am »
Well, today I began the Forklift and High Risk Work license theory test.
In between phone calls and the daily head fcuks that needed to be addressed, I can honestly say that it was a kuntofaday.

I reckon that the biggest things that got the ol' gander ruffed up was some of the stupid fcuking questions that they asked in the theory test that I took as a fcuking insult to my intelligence.
It's just a load of fcuking horse sh1t.

One of the questions was " Why wouldn't raise a load on a forklift and hold it over a persons head?"
Obviously the answer that they required was that the load might fall off and kill the poor bastard.
But instead they got "You'd use your common bloody sense"

Now, if that answer pisses 'em off, that's good.
I know Big Bazza the assessor and I'm sure that he'll understand where I'm coming from being an old school lad who can read between the lines.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8654 on: September 04, 2015, 02:19:37 am »
Trouble is Mick there are people who would find that question challenging....some of the apprentices I used to deal with would have had nfi. ::)
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8655 on: September 04, 2015, 02:46:55 am »
Trouble is Mick there are people who would find that question challenging....some of the apprentices I used to deal with would have had nfi. ::)
  We had a crim a couple of weeks ago who applied for a job as a unit cleaner, and when he was given a mop he honestly had no clue on how to use it.  He couldn't understand why he had to use such a complicated piece of equipment to clean a unit.  Tough thing to figure out them mops and buckets. ??? ???
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8656 on: September 04, 2015, 03:05:26 am »
  We had a crim a couple of weeks ago who applied for a job as a unit cleaner, and when he was given a mop he honestly had no clue on how to use it.  He couldn't understand why he had to use such a complicated piece of equipment to clean a unit.  Tough thing to figure out them mops and buckets. ??? ???
I keep telling my mrs that I don't know how to use the vacuum cleaner. ..that pisses her off.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8657 on: September 04, 2015, 03:17:06 am »
I can understand what you're saying Pete.
Several years ago, I trained a couple of young fellas and got them ticketed
in the motor trade.

One of them, Jamie, ended up (and still is) working underground in the mining industry and making a good quid.
He's got a missus and a couple of good kids and is doing well.
Young Jack, turned to the piss and drugs and has messed up his mind a
bit.

Anyway, Jack came back to work after doing his theory at Charles Darwin Uni for me to sign him off so that he could get his ticket.
Before I signed him off, I took him out to the workshop and told him to sharpen up a couple drill bits that he ended up fcuk'n up so I told him that it was nothing personal, but I'm not signing you off.

Long story short, the fcuking meat head trainer from the Uni paid me a visit and I told him that all he was good for was fcuking up our kids and that he's not doing his job properly.

Then he reckoned that he didn't like the way that I was talking to him.
In the end, I signed Jack off after he sharpened up a box full of rooted drill bits.

My point was, that this Uni Bufoon had signed Jack off for his theory including sharpening drill bits and he no idea about how to do it.

So Jack was a happy camper in the end and the Uni Knob Head was fairly pissed off with me.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #8658 on: September 04, 2015, 03:57:59 am »
For a while now, well maybe a long while, I've been having a little, well maybe more than a little, trouble hearing so I've had a hearing test and will now be getting hearing aids, which pisses me off. I have enough trouble looking after my reading glasses because something always happens to my prescription Specsaver reading goggles, I either bust or lose them in short order and my medical insurance only allows me to replace every two years. So when I buy cheapo readers from the dollar shop I somehow manage not to lose or break 'em. Go figure.
Now, these hearing aids are delicate little items that I'm gonna have to be careful with. At least I'll no longer have to ask people to repeat stuff all the time which possibly pisses them off. So now I'm grumpy, deaf and blind old fart which pisses me off somewhat but not as much as it pisses off the minister for war and finance. Small consolation.
BTW Is there stuff I need to know about hearing aids and riding motorbicycles?
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #8659 on: September 04, 2015, 04:09:14 am »
I keep telling my mrs that I don't know how to use the vacuum cleaner. ..that pisses her off.
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8660 on: September 04, 2015, 04:27:36 am »
For a while now, well maybe a long while, I've been having a little, well maybe more than a little, trouble hearing so I've had a hearing test and will now be getting hearing aids, which pisses me off. I have enough trouble looking after my reading glasses because something always happens to my prescription Specsaver reading goggles, I either bust or lose them in short order and my medical insurance only allows me to replace every two years. So when I buy cheapo readers from the dollar shop I somehow manage not to lose or break 'em. Go figure.
Now, these hearing aids are delicate little items that I'm gonna have to be careful with. At least I'll no longer have to ask people to repeat stuff all the time which possibly pisses them off. So now I'm grumpy, deaf and blind old fart which pisses me off somewhat but not as much as it pisses off the minister for war and finance. Small consolation.
BTW Is there stuff I need to know about hearing aids and riding motorbicycles?

Turn them up full blast and listen to the mighty cb roaring mate  :D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8661 on: September 04, 2015, 04:28:47 am »

He needs more choke.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #8662 on: September 04, 2015, 04:33:34 am »
I've got dimished hearing as well Andrew but it's mainly the left ear which is generally facing in the direction of the missus.
I call it Led Zepplin ear that I attribute to the years gone by when you'd flake out in front of the speakers with about 17 beers and a couple of joints on board and Physical Grafitti cranked up on Number 10.

Ahh, the memories.   ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Online 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #8663 on: September 04, 2015, 05:43:44 am »
haha, all valid arguments and true to the core, but impossible to convince somebody who already has their opinion and are righteous about it.   

Go easy on them, they just follow what the media tells them too, not their own opinin either.

Come on, Terry, you're whinging about something you haven't got completely right. I do hunt, and like Andrew, it's goes on the table. BUT, as for Africa, I've been there too. Those massive fees serve numerous purposes: economy into a 3.5 world state. Guide fees, lodging, travel and transport, etc.

As for shooting defeneseless animals, you could not be more wrong. The high end fees for shooting dangerous game (like lions, elephants, rhino, leopards, and even crocs and hippos) is in large due to conservation expenses and very limited harvesting control. Personally, I have zero interest in shooting one of these animals and always prefer the smaller, abundant plains game for eating while there. But the elephants do get eaten by locals. In fact, a single elephant provides good enough for up to 300 people for 30 days.

And people do not recognize the destruction an elephant does when their habitat overlaps with people. Think feral pigs tear up a place? See what an elephant does while he's tromping about. It's like someone drunk dolt took a Caterpillar D-11 through with his blade down and went on a bender. It literally destroy all vegetation and uproots the soil making it do near unusable for growing food for about a decade.

Africa hunting gets an awful rap, but it's completely unlike what you've read or seen. It's far from lining up outside the fence, pointing out your pick and squeezing away. Heaps of hunters go with unfilled tags if they simply trophy hunt. Others, like me, go for the adventure and the experience. The meat is a pure bonus. And it's a major amount of work while there. And humans are not the top of the food chain on Africa. Whether you've got a big gun or not.

Not for everyone certainly and clearly agree. But that Dentist was the victim of unscrupulous or a negligent Professional Hunter (a license guide required by African laws). And your buddy's mate may be ticking off a bucket list item. Be glad he didn't use that $50k and buy up a large lot of sandcasts or other valuable motorcycles to sit in a pretty window and not ride them. Collectors piss me off!

Really Prokop,  thinking that anyone that dislikes these morons killing, in a lot of cases, beasts on endangered lists,  can't think for themselves and simply follow the media is absolute bull#$%* ...? Says more about you than it does about us.... ::)  Cal, that dentist is a #$%*ing parasite, don't make excuses for him mate.... ;D ;)

Point by point:

- Lions are not on endangered list, they are VU (Vulnerable) in the interval of Threatened, that is hardly verge of extinction.  See for yourself - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion   On top of that the cub mortality is 1 surviving out of 8 for male lions.  If there was a need to boost the lion population - which is not - it can easily be done by helping more cubs survive.
- Follow the media?  Of course you are, or did you know Cecil existed before media mentioned it?   Yes, I know you kept an eye on Cecil since he was a cub in 2002, ROFLMAO
- Your rants speak volumes about your lack of knowledge and intellectual laziness. Just because you are loud and use 4 letter words does not mean you are right.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:45:27 am by 70CB750 »

Offline DWS

• Enthusiast
  • Treat others as you would like to be treated .
« Reply #8664 on: September 04, 2015, 10:56:45 am »
When you think your going for a nice ride around the mountain canyon roads and on the why back to home and your in a nice tight right hand corner, doing 50 mph and a van is stopped in the middle of the road looking at deer, you have a split second to make a move to go right ( no cant go that way not enough room) then you look left and can't see if there are any cars coming, so you push hard on the back brake peddle and pucker ass  while your clamp down on the front break and your screaming at them at the same time as you stop 15 feet from there fing bumper, then they take off as fast as they can, you catch up to them and pass while there doing 80 mph, you kick there door and scream some more, while they look at you like, what did i do.
 That really pisses me off. One thing i do know now my brakes work! LOL

I'd be pissed off at who ever taught you to brake mate, leave the rear alone and work on proper braking technique, if the first thing you go for is the rear brake, prepare yourself for some future road rash.....

WOW ,really ,that's all you have to say MATE! Why don't you go ahead and teach me how you're expertise in breaking and using your gears to stop.
 I bought this bike in 1978 new and it has never been on its side or me with road rash, its not the first time some idiot has done stupid #$%* in front of me.
Tell me have you ever been down on a bike, just wondering?
Please teach me how to brake maybe i will learn something.
You know what really pisses me off, is that, i almost was hamburger on the road and someone tells you,  learn how to brake , instead of glad you still here to talk about it mate. Just saying.
To tell you the truth i don't remember how or what i did , it was all instinct, i just know I am still alive!!

Harden up mate, I wasn't trying to provoke a defensive response, you said that the first thing you did was "  push hard on the back brake peddle and pucker ass", that is the WRONG thing to do in any emergency situation on a bike, I don't care what you say, the simple fact that you said it was reason enough for me to comment, if you knew it was wrong you wouldn't have written it. I'm glad you managed to get around the idiot stopped in the middle of the road but, if that rear wheel had locked you would really be pissed off as it would have all gone pear shaped.  I would willingly teach you how to emergency brake properly if you weren't so far away, I suspect you probably wouldn't be interested though. And, Yes. I've been down the road twice in 36 years, one was a hit and run that got me from behind and left me in the bush bleeding out for about 7 hours, with a fractured skull, broken jaw, badly broken arm, wrist and collar bone and  severed artery in my left wrist as well as internal injuries I still deal with today, I was found by a kid on his way home from a party at around midnight, I'd almost bled out, and the second,  I was on the back of a mates bike and it was raining, just slid down the road a bit and wasn't hurt badly, why is that even relevant, I know some brilliant riders that have had horrible accidents, some are dead, the fact that you say you've never had one is PURE LUCK ?. petercb750 is a rider trainer, he's saying exactly what I said, did you think I just posted this just to piss you off, i'm in the right place and all but,  that was not my intention....?

You are absolutely right, and i'am glad the kid found you, and your still here, i do have some skill though its not all luck. lol
i would like it if you where closer always love to ride, all people can learn something new.
Always looking for friends.

78CB750F3
PD 42A with original breadbox
4 into 1
valves adjusted to .003 (intake and exhaust) ( as was suggested for cooling )
slow jets#35 Main #110
 turned out to 1.5 some paper work says 1.75
4800 feet altitude

78 Honda CB 750 F3 Restoring now(Almost done)
BSA MX 50 Next
BSA b50T Parts

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8665 on: September 04, 2015, 11:10:47 am »
When you think your going for a nice ride around the mountain canyon roads and on the why back to home and your in a nice tight right hand corner, doing 50 mph and a van is stopped in the middle of the road looking at deer, you have a split second to make a move to go right ( no cant go that way not enough room) then you look left and can't see if there are any cars coming, so you push hard on the back brake peddle and pucker ass  while your clamp down on the front break and your screaming at them at the same time as you stop 15 feet from there fing bumper, then they take off as fast as they can, you catch up to them and pass while there doing 80 mph, you kick there door and scream some more, while they look at you like, what did i do.
 That really pisses me off. One thing i do know now my brakes work! LOL

I'd be pissed off at who ever taught you to brake mate, leave the rear alone and work on proper braking technique, if the first thing you go for is the rear brake, prepare yourself for some future road rash.....

WOW ,really ,that's all you have to say MATE! Why don't you go ahead and teach me how you're expertise in breaking and using your gears to stop.
 I bought this bike in 1978 new and it has never been on its side or me with road rash, its not the first time some idiot has done stupid #$%* in front of me.
Tell me have you ever been down on a bike, just wondering?
Please teach me how to brake maybe i will learn something.
You know what really pisses me off, is that, i almost was hamburger on the road and someone tells you,  learn how to brake , instead of glad you still here to talk about it mate. Just saying.
To tell you the truth i don't remember how or what i did , it was all instinct, i just know I am still alive!!

Harden up mate, I wasn't trying to provoke a defensive response, you said that the first thing you did was "  push hard on the back brake peddle and pucker ass", that is the WRONG thing to do in any emergency situation on a bike, I don't care what you say, the simple fact that you said it was reason enough for me to comment, if you knew it was wrong you wouldn't have written it. I'm glad you managed to get around the idiot stopped in the middle of the road but, if that rear wheel had locked you would really be pissed off as it would have all gone pear shaped.  I would willingly teach you how to emergency brake properly if you weren't so far away, I suspect you probably wouldn't be interested though. And, Yes. I've been down the road twice in 36 years, one was a hit and run that got me from behind and left me in the bush bleeding out for about 7 hours, with a fractured skull, broken jaw, badly broken arm, wrist and collar bone and  severed artery in my left wrist as well as internal injuries I still deal with today, I was found by a kid on his way home from a party at around midnight, I'd almost bled out, and the second,  I was on the back of a mates bike and it was raining, just slid down the road a bit and wasn't hurt badly, why is that even relevant, I know some brilliant riders that have had horrible accidents, some are dead, the fact that you say you've never had one is PURE LUCK ?. petercb750 is a rider trainer, he's saying exactly what I said, did you think I just posted this just to piss you off, i'm in the right place and all but,  that was not my intention....?

You are absolutely right, and i'am glad the kid found you, and your still here, i do have some skill though its not all luck. lol
i would like it if you where closer always love to ride, all people can learn something new.

Glad you are still here also ! I think everyone here on this forum learns something new quite frequently. There will be the occasional spat, but generally we all get along.

Hopefully some of the feedback gave you the possibility to reflect that perhaps you were quite lucky.

Take care,

Kev

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8666 on: September 04, 2015, 11:20:14 am »
Stepping in dog sh#t pisses me off big time especially when it's a fresh one. I just got done tuning my kids bike a bit and decided to take it for a test ride and while at an intersection I'm wondering why my right foot feels kind of slick on the foot peg so I reach down and feel under my shoe and guess what I ended up with a handful of? GRRRrrrrr!! >:(
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline vfourfreak

• Master
« Reply #8667 on: September 04, 2015, 11:39:00 am »
Stepping in dog sh#t pisses me off big time especially when it's a fresh one. I just got done tuning my kids bike a bit and decided to take it for a test ride and while at an intersection I'm wondering why my right foot feels kind of slick on the foot peg so I reach down and feel under my shoe and guess what I ended up with a handful of? GRRRrrrrr!! >:(

Goodness, by all that is sacred in life, never come to visit France Scott. There are more dogs than people here and they #$%*e everywhere. Honestly, you have to have your eyes peeled cos there are turds on every footpath. And they don't smell pleasant in Summer heat.

What really gets my goat, and that is a more elevated level of pissed offedness, is cnuts who live in apartments or townhouses with no gardens who bring their unfeasibly large dogs for a walk to where I live (where we have nice green verges and gardens, watered at huge expense) let them off the leash and turn away to smoke a ciggy. Meantime Fido is laying a few big ones right out side my house. One of these days I'll pluck up enough (Dutch) courage to follow both back home and deliver the steaming parcel on the rightful doorstep.

The town put up dispensers of plastic bags for dog owners to recuperate their pets leavings. Never used at all. One aspect of life in France that pisses me off.

Kev

Offline DWS

• Enthusiast
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:20:22 pm by DWS »

78CB750F3
4 into 1
slow jets#35 Main #110
4800 feet altitude

BSA MX 50 Next
BSA b50T Parts

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8669 on: September 04, 2015, 04:05:08 pm »

Goodness, by all that is sacred in life, never come to visit France Scott. There are more dogs than people here and they #$%*e everywhere. Honestly, you have to have your eyes peeled cos there are turds on every footpath. And they don't smell pleasant in Summer heat.

What really gets my goat, and that is a more elevated level of pissed offedness, is cnuts who live in apartments or townhouses with no gardens who bring their unfeasibly large dogs for a walk to where I live (where we have nice green verges and gardens, watered at huge expense) let them off the leash and turn away to smoke a ciggy. Meantime Fido is laying a few big ones right out side my house. One of these days I'll pluck up enough (Dutch) courage to follow both back home and deliver the steaming parcel on the rightful doorstep.

The town put up dispensers of plastic bags for dog owners to recuperate their pets leavings. Never used at all. One aspect of life in France that pisses me off.

Kev
In my state, the dog owner is expected to carry a small plastic bag (provided in parks and popular walking tracks on roll dispensers) and when fido lets one rip the turds are picked up and dropped in bins. Those that don't can be fined. It actually works quite well, and it's now quite uncommon to see one or step in one.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #8670 on: September 04, 2015, 04:09:03 pm »
haha, all valid arguments and true to the core, but impossible to convince somebody who already has their opinion and are righteous about it.   

Go easy on them, they just follow what the media tells them too, not their own opinin either.

Come on, Terry, you're whinging about something you haven't got completely right. I do hunt, and like Andrew, it's goes on the table. BUT, as for Africa, I've been there too. Those massive fees serve numerous purposes: economy into a 3.5 world state. Guide fees, lodging, travel and transport, etc.

As for shooting defeneseless animals, you could not be more wrong. The high end fees for shooting dangerous game (like lions, elephants, rhino, leopards, and even crocs and hippos) is in large due to conservation expenses and very limited harvesting control. Personally, I have zero interest in shooting one of these animals and always prefer the smaller, abundant plains game for eating while there. But the elephants do get eaten by locals. In fact, a single elephant provides good enough for up to 300 people for 30 days.

And people do not recognize the destruction an elephant does when their habitat overlaps with people. Think feral pigs tear up a place? See what an elephant does while he's tromping about. It's like someone drunk dolt took a Caterpillar D-11 through with his blade down and went on a bender. It literally destroy all vegetation and uproots the soil making it do near unusable for growing food for about a decade.

Africa hunting gets an awful rap, but it's completely unlike what you've read or seen. It's far from lining up outside the fence, pointing out your pick and squeezing away. Heaps of hunters go with unfilled tags if they simply trophy hunt. Others, like me, go for the adventure and the experience. The meat is a pure bonus. And it's a major amount of work while there. And humans are not the top of the food chain on Africa. Whether you've got a big gun or not.

Not for everyone certainly and clearly agree. But that Dentist was the victim of unscrupulous or a negligent Professional Hunter (a license guide required by African laws). And your buddy's mate may be ticking off a bucket list item. Be glad he didn't use that $50k and buy up a large lot of sandcasts or other valuable motorcycles to sit in a pretty window and not ride them. Collectors piss me off!

Really Prokop,  thinking that anyone that dislikes these morons killing, in a lot of cases, beasts on endangered lists,  can't think for themselves and simply follow the media is absolute bull#$%* ...? Says more about you than it does about us.... ::)  Cal, that dentist is a #$%*ing parasite, don't make excuses for him mate.... ;D ;)

Point by point:

- Lions are not on endangered list, they are VU (Vulnerable) in the interval of Threatened, that is hardly verge of extinction.  See for yourself - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion   On top of that the cub mortality is 1 surviving out of 8 for male lions.  If there was a need to boost the lion population - which is not - it can easily be done by helping more cubs survive.
- Follow the media?  Of course you are, or did you know Cecil existed before media mentioned it?   Yes, I know you kept an eye on Cecil since he was a cub in 2002, ROFLMAO
- Your rants speak volumes about your lack of knowledge and intellectual laziness. Just because you are loud and use 4 letter words does not mean you are right.
I'm not a full greeny or anything, but the thing I find most remarkable about your stance is the arrogance and all mightier than thou attitude (of you and others with the same mind set) that in your head justifies the killing of a wild animal for nothing more than pleasure. It pisses me off.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:23:18 pm by petercb750 »
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #8671 on: September 04, 2015, 05:02:35 pm »

Point by point:

I'm not a full greeny or anything, but the thing I find most remarkable about your stance is the arrogance and all mightier than thou attitude (of you and others with the same mind set) that in your head justifies the killing of a wild animal for nothing more than pleasure. It pisses me off.

Yes Peter, thats how he talks to anyone who doesn't agree with his one eyed  ideological, redneck rants, everyone is either stupid, a greenie, a loony leftie, a socialist, a communist or just plain ignorant, he pops up just to make  statements like that everywhere, and post his tea party political views.  I didn't even mention Cecil, but since he brought it up, are you that stupid that you think the media made up the fact that this dentist idiot shot the lion after it was ILLEGALLY lured out of its sanctuary, do you think he's now in hiding because everyone thinks it was the right thing to do..?.  And seeings though your a bit slow on the uptake mate, I was commenting on the general state of African wildlife being used as target practice by rich pigs all over the world under the guise of Conservation, its pathetic and laughable, I see absolutely nothing wrong with culling feral pigs, massive over population of kangaroo's as is here in Australia or removing feral animals in general, buy vulnerable native species, give me a break, ever heard of nature..? It tends to take care of itself quite well until the morons turn up.... Your lack of comprehension  is quite funny , Beasts was a reference to all African species hunted for the sake of it, you, once again pick a part of a point to rant like a goose on a tangent, at least you are consistent.... There are a couple of Ex Australian SAS personal in Africa with full teams at the moment with shoot to kill orders,  to stop illegal hunting and poaching , i'm just sorry they weren't able to get these grubs as they lured Cecil out to simply kill him for a trophy, it totally disgusts me and I can garantee you i'm no socialist greenie mate, your assumption are so far from reality they are laughable, I'm absolutely positive that if someone lured you pet dog out and shot it for fun, you'd be out to kill.... ::)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Online calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #8672 on: September 04, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »
Cheers, Peter - not sure to whom that is directed, but I certainly hope you have not misunderstood anything I've written that would convey the ideal that I hunt for "pleasure" versus hunt animals that I end up eating also (well, those where it's feasible to carry the meat home).

It can be a very unpopular pursuit to some, and I concur there are those who trophy hunt only which is still sporting, but perhaps not always necessary from a conservation perspective. The point I tried to make (maybe clumsily) was there is a significant conservation component performed by those who hunt. As humans sprawl and encroach on the habitat of animals, herd size needs to be managed to populations that can be supported by the habitat. Over population of animals creates physically smaller animals, disease spreading, and a reduction in the maturity of all the animals. Not to mention the greater interaction of humans and animals via vehicle accidents, property destruction, and on rare occasions mauling, and death.

The fees paid by those who hunt actually contributes heavily to Fish and Game departments nationally (here, and abroad) as well as tourism, industry and so on. Conservation programs are quite deeply funded by "hunters" and other enthusiasts as are land grants and reserves. Hunting gets a bad reputation mostly from the ill informed or those who oppose the notion. And that's perfectly reasonable. But it's quite untrue in my experience and many myths are quickly dispelled once actual dialogue occurs.

So I will reiterate something I posted earlier; if my earlier post offended anyone, my sincere apologies. It was unintentional and nothing I've written is intended to be arrogant or pious, or interpreted as condescending. And if your post was not directed at me, well then, Nevermind!  :D
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #8673 on: September 04, 2015, 06:01:11 pm »

Kev
In my state, the dog owner is expected to carry a small plastic bag (provided in parks and popular walking tracks on roll dispensers) and when fido lets one rip the turds are picked up and dropped in bins. Those that don't can be fined. It actually works quite well, and it's now quite uncommon to see one or step in one.

Yeah but there's a problem with that, the turd in question was from my own dog that deposited it near the driveway I just didn't realize it until I was about 2 blocks from my house. Try riding a bike with dog turd all over your hand and trying to keep from getting it all over the throttle and brake lever, I had to pull over and wipe my hand off in the grass then head home to hose my shoe and foot peg off and wash my hands some more. I first realized sumtin was up when while at a stop at the intersection I almost dropped the bike because my shoe was so slick it was slipping on the pavement and almost made me loose my balance, imagine me having to explain to you guys about dropping a bike because I had dog sh#t on my feet. Of course while I was grumbling about it at home my wife was laughing.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline DWS

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8674 on: September 04, 2015, 06:04:18 pm »
Turd in question, now thats funny s***

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

78CB750F3
4 into 1
slow jets#35 Main #110
4800 feet altitude

BSA MX 50 Next
BSA b50T Parts