Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1276357 times)

Terry in Australia and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #17425 on: November 21, 2020, 12:56:06 pm »
 The grandkids XR70R began to leak fuel on the rubber soft floor it's sitting on. The part that pisses me off is Grandma bought it for kids that don't ride a bike yet and their parents aren't really wanting them on a motorcycle. Yet, here is the Papa buying parts for it already. L0L!
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #17426 on: November 22, 2020, 09:30:35 am »
Local county commissioners here really piss me off. You see my wife is the accountant for the public library in town, the county commissioners normally have a meeting once a month and an additional one at the end of the year before new years and that last meeting is critical for my wife because that's when she'll know how much money the library will need to cover all its expense for the month of December. For what ever reason the commissioners don't want to have that last end of the year meeting and have asked my wife to simply encumber funds .... and that's the problem. She simply doesn't know what bills the library may receive between the regular December meeting and the end of the year so therefore she has no clue how much to encumber. It wouldn't be an astronomical amount, it's simply the numbers almost certainly wont add up at the end of the year and guess who will pay hell for it? My wife and she's not happy about it and I'm not either. She's try repeatedly to explain why they need to have that last end of the year meeting but the commissioners still feel no need for it.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #17427 on: November 23, 2020, 08:36:51 am »
4” of snow overnight..... putting the bikes away for 5 months. That pisses me off.

Offline WhyNot2

• I'm finally an
  • Master
« Reply #17428 on: November 24, 2020, 02:45:37 pm »
Start the bike with one push of the button.........idles, revs, no hic-ups............shut it down, go get ready to ride, and the efer won't even start now. WTF.....

That's what pizzes me off.
If it ain't raining, I'm riding.....~~{iii}?~~prost

If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, it's because I cut and pasted from someone else.

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #17429 on: November 24, 2020, 05:36:36 pm »
Start the bike with one push of the button.........idles, revs, no hic-ups............shut it down, go get ready to ride, and the efer won't even start now. WTF.....

That one will always piss a man off.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #17430 on: November 24, 2020, 06:29:23 pm »

Main fuse blow or did the right hand switch housing short to ground?
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #17431 on: November 25, 2020, 02:55:09 pm »
Petcock open?

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #17432 on: November 25, 2020, 05:47:34 pm »
Why am I pissed off?
I'm pissed off because Uncle Tez will have completed four rebuilds before I even manage to do a preliminary check and first start on my new (only) project bike. :(

FOR FCUK SAKE TEZ TAKE A BREAK.

Oh......and happy thanksgiving to our American cousins. ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:49:22 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #17433 on: November 25, 2020, 06:16:35 pm »
Ha ha, thanks Brian, as I was pouring Baileys over my weetbix and topping up my coffee with Jameson’s for my “Irish breakfast” this morning I realised that, as horrible as the Corona Virus is, “working from home” has been a real bonus for me, whenever I decide that I need a “sanity break” I wander outside and do some bike work. My shipment of candy red paint arrived just before lunch, so I quickly shot the headlight bucket, and it’ll be good to install on the weekend. Hopefully the K0 will be running by Sunday.... ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #17434 on: November 26, 2020, 12:09:13 am »
Spray bombs Terry? Or, are you using a spray gun?
Looks delicious 😋

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17435 on: November 27, 2020, 03:24:56 pm »
Rattle cans David, I have several compressors and good quality guns, as I used to paint cars for money, but nowadays find that I can get an excellent result from rattle cans. ;D

K0 F2 Saturday 21 Nov 2020 9e by Terry Prendergast, on Flickr 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #17436 on: November 27, 2020, 05:33:57 pm »
Rattle cans David, I have several compressors and good quality guns, as I used to paint cars for money, but nowadays find that I can get an excellent result from rattle cans. ;D

Terry,do the paint stores you go to for those rattle cans mix up the color and amount of other additives you prescribe:by the custom order ?
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17437 on: November 27, 2020, 11:29:14 pm »

Terry,do the paint stores you go to for those rattle cans mix up the color and amount of other additives you prescribe:by the custom order ?

G'Day Bill, no mate, I just saw them on Ebay and ordered a "kit" (silver base, red color and clear coat) and was surprised that it matched a NOS K0 headlight ear I have in a tub, exactly. I need to order another kit as I have two K2 sidecovers that need painting after I took off the nice red ones I had and put them on the "Swamp Rat" last year. ;D

Online PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
« Reply #17438 on: November 28, 2020, 01:02:26 am »
Yes, work from home thing is really good!
I was close to blow a gasket yesterday due to idiots in a far eastern country I had to answer at my job.
Not many steps to the warm garage where I replaced the alternator and shift cover gaskets while cooling down my heart before giving a professional and not angry answer about technical incompetence.

Garage job combined with a few km walks is a good way to stay sane when working from home.
Alcohol on Friday after work only. Yesterday triple GT's.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 01:09:25 am by PeWe »
CB750 K6-76 1005cc JMR Billet block.
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #17439 on: November 28, 2020, 08:56:19 am »

G'Day Bill, no mate, I just saw them on Ebay and ordered a "kit" (silver base, red color and clear coat) and was surprised that it matched a NOS K0 headlight ear I have in a tub, exactly. I need to order another kit as I have two K2 sidecovers that need painting after I took off the nice red ones I had and put them on the "Swamp Rat" last year. ;D

Hi Terry,ok I appreciate that.How about the local stores to you? Will they mix-up ingredients in a custom rattle can for you ?
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline WhyNot2

• I'm finally an
  • Master
« Reply #17440 on: November 28, 2020, 09:33:14 am »

That one will always piss a man off.

Petcock open?

yes

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Main fuse blow or did the right hand switch housing short to ground?

No blown fuse, wires seem fine.....just won't fire up
If it ain't raining, I'm riding.....~~{iii}?~~prost

If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, it's because I cut and pasted from someone else.

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #17441 on: November 28, 2020, 12:15:30 pm »
Well, start with basics and write everything down, battery voltage, voltage at red wire into ignition switch, black wire with switch ON, voltage at coils, voltage at solenoid with starter button pressed. Voltage at kill switch, verify voltage on input to starter button and output of starter button. Does bike start or starter run if you put a section of steel rod or momentarily jumper starter solenoid?
If bike has stock fuse remove fuse to see if it falls apart, sometimes they burn in two and it is so fine a crack/gap it is hard to see. You wouldn't be the first to be bitten by that...
Then when we know these things more can be done to diagnose.  Start a thread about the issue and we will continue there...
Otherwise, more might get pissed off... ;)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17442 on: November 29, 2020, 01:35:01 am »
What pisses me off today? Reproduction carb inlet rubbers that don't fcuking fit! Fcuk me sideways, in 2017 when I built my "Bitsa" K2, I bought a set that didn't fit, so threw them back into one of my tubs of new parts, and bought new OEM ones. 3 years was enough to forget that there are some sh1tty repros that don't fit, so I ordered another set from a different seller, and guess what? They don't fcuking fit either! Fcuk it, I threw in the towel, jumped on Ebay and bought a set of OEM ones from the same seller I bought the last set from! Oh well, that'll teach me for cheaping out, again...... ;D

Online Trevor from Warragul

• Expert
« Reply #17443 on: November 29, 2020, 04:43:12 am »
No blown fuse, wires seem fine.....just won't fire up

My 350F did this recently.  Using the sage advice from here I tracked it down to a broken black wire somewhere within the right hand switch block.  A repro switch block from David Silver Spares cured the problem. 
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Ducati Monster 750

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #17444 on: November 29, 2020, 09:09:03 am »
What pisses me off today? Reproduction carb inlet rubbers that don't fcuking fit! Fcuk me sideways, in 2017 when I built my "Bitsa" K2, I bought a set that didn't fit, so threw them back into one of my tubs of new parts, and bought new OEM ones. 3 years was enough to forget that there are some sh1tty repros that don't fit, so I ordered another set from a different seller, and guess what? They don't fcuking fit either! Fcuk it, I threw in the towel, jumped on Ebay and bought a set of OEM ones from the same seller I bought the last set from! Oh well, that'll teach me for cheaping out, again...... ;D

Terry, write yourself a note and put it in the box of spare carb boots!  Or you can just save them for your next project............the latter is the route I usually end up doing!
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17445 on: November 29, 2020, 05:49:35 pm »
 I bought two boxes of 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust tubing, the X kit is 304 polished stainless and the other kit is 409 not polished. Dang I could be rolling on it by now. I cut down the 3 x 2.5" reducers to make flare adapters for the ram Air manifolds and got the measurements for the middle.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17446 on: November 29, 2020, 07:06:22 pm »
Woooah, one of my bike buddies has a dirt bike he rides around town, Last night he ran over a loose running board off of a truck. Didn't see it at all, it tossed him off and he did a face plant in the street. Thank goodness he had a full face helmet on. He needs a new helmet but has the same face as the day before. Minimal damage to the bike too.
 Loose sh1t in the street pisses me off. A couple years ago I was leaned over on my favorite tight low speed 120* turn and just missed a piece of sheet metal laying there. I stopped and took it as a souvenir.

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #17447 on: November 29, 2020, 07:41:06 pm »
Whoo doggie, domestic disturbance on my block.
Big man shouting out what he's gonna do when he gets his hands on.
Pissed off I gotta go deal with that b s. again.
Ready to light someone up when the realization strikes.  This tough guy is screaming into his video game.
What an Idiot.

Real talk though, witnessing domestic violence sucks.  Knowing the victim is afraid to be honest and the cops don't have a second poop to give.  Also pisses me off.

Life lesson, don't be an abusive piece of trash.  That pisses people off.
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17448 on: November 30, 2020, 02:23:34 am »
Woooah, one of my bike buddies has a dirt bike he rides around town, Last night he ran over a loose running board off of a truck. Didn't see it at all, it tossed him off and he did a face plant in the street. Thank goodness he had a full face helmet on. He needs a new helmet but has the same face as the day before. Minimal damage to the bike too.
 Loose sh1t in the street pisses me off. A couple years ago I was leaned over on my favorite tight low speed 120* turn and just missed a piece of sheet metal laying there. I stopped and took it as a souvenir.

That is scary Don. in 1999 I was riding my BMW R100RS on the new opened Western Ring Road @ 60 MPH, and an aluminium extension ladder fell off the roof of an electrician's van, and landed on the road filling my lane, at right angles to my bike. All I could do was hold on and ride over it, but it then flicked the ladder up into the windscreen of a Mercedes behind me.

The electrician had pulled over to the side of the road to retrieve his ladder, but when he saw it hit the Merc, he decided that discretion is the better part of valour, and took off. I pulled over to where the van had been parked, took off my helmet and lit a cigarette, and watched the Mercedes chasing the van into the distance. The ladder continued to bounce around off cars on the the freeway like a pinball until it landed on the median strip. I finished my smoke, put my helmet back on and rode on, congratulating myself on yet another survival......... ;D 

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #17449 on: November 30, 2020, 05:50:48 am »
 I had a good chuckle one day riding. I was getting gas and taking a smoke break in a hick country town on one of my favorite quiet country roads. The classic old pick-up loaded down with scrap metal went through. Shortly after I took off knowing he had enough time to get ahead of me and not ruin my ride through the curvies. Well I came up on a nice fast sweeper and guess what was laying in the middle of the road. It was the old rooftop cable TV dish I saw sitting on top of his pile  :D :D I turned around and got it off the road.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:05:57 am by ekpent »