Author Topic: SOHC4 Relay Across America, Canada, and Beyond  (Read 52583 times)

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: SOHC4 Relay Across America, Canada, and Beyond
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2010, 09:43:22 pm »
     Going by the map on page 5, if who ever comes out of Indy or there about (MCRider/IndyFour?) would swing down to Cincinnati, I could pick up the torch from there and head up to Columbus and get the capital shot, then go on to meet Tripps or KSmith0034

That line going through IN and OH can be adapted to whatever you guys decide on  ;D It's your area and your ride. ENJOY IT  ;)
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2010, 09:49:22 pm »
Also going by the map on page 5.......I'm assuming this will run from San Diego on up the coast to the Bay Area and on towards Reno (on the west coast). I don't know which riders are interested here but I wouldn't mind headin' southwest from Modesto and joining the ride from maybe Monterey on up north and over to Reno.From there....I would head back home.
Anyone out here in Cali that would join in anywhere between those points.....lemme know!!! Jerry is wanting us to start planning our own segment of this run so we should start setting something up.We will need to know when it will roll through our zone (so as to be able to take time off work,get bike ready,save $$ up for the trip).
Haven't seen Sean Condon,Two Tired,chime in on this but this would be a ride not to be missed!!!!

I haven't heard fron Sean in a while. I think he's been devoting time to school. That would be great if he could join in. I enjoyed riding up the coast with him and I know you would too. TT is always around. I think he's just waiting for an outcome (VERY analytical  ;))  The routing is up to you guys to enjoy. My suggestions are just that - Suggestions based on what I've ridden there (I just wish the coast wasn't fogged in when I rode it  :'()
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline gregimotis

• poet laureate; SOHC4.
  • Expert
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2010, 10:10:36 pm »
PM sent for NM and maybe some AZ with Scottly etc..  SWestern NM and SEastern AZ are filled with great riding.
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »
But, but, but Susan Dey ( Partridge ) might be on the bus  :o :o
Awww HELL!!!!.............ya had ta go & remind me................yup .....gotta admit........she is hot. She could jump on back....BUT!!!!....no bus!!! ;D
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline Grnrngr

• Master
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2010, 12:56:13 am »
Oh Susan!!  Geez I was hot for her back then... ;D 
We are talkin about a yr and a half off, for the west coast anyway...can't really commit yet, but I'd like to make the SD to Reno run. At the very least, I'll do Portland to the North US border..I'm hopin with some scrimpin and savin, maybe I can do both. Portland to SD on I-5 is a little over 1000 miles, with some side trippin, looks close to 2500 total for that round trip. Heh..if I run down and touch the TJ border, then the BC border, it'll be a top to bottom west coast round trip for me. Too cool.... 8) now to decide if I want to do it all on the same bike, or part on my K and part on my A... ;D
'72 CB750-K2 "PopCycle"
'73 CB750-K2 "Barney"
'77 CB750A   
'83 Virago 500 (red)
'83 Virago 500 (black)

"and so on and so on and scoobydoobydooby..oooooooshasha"  Sly Stone

Offline joerizzo0

« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2010, 05:42:12 am »
i would love to be a part of the Indy leg of the voyage.. Any of you Indy guys think Dreyer Honda would want any part of this? 
1976 cb400f

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2010, 06:03:29 am »
i would love to be a part of the Indy leg of the voyage.. Any of you Indy guys think Dreyer Honda would want any part of this? 
Have you seen the original K0 they have on display? For those who may not know, Dreyer Honda in Indianapolis is the oldest honda Motorcycle dealer in the USA.
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2010, 06:59:28 am »
Yeah but this is the one that will be getting on the Bus

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2010, 07:01:10 am »
mrbreeze, jerry,

I'll lead the group up the coast of CA and then over to Reno and can meet up with you. We'll figure that out when the time gets near. I need to know what CA slackers are coming too. I know Grnrngr is on board but that's it. I know a few SOHCers here locally that would likely go but that route up the coast is beautiful and nothing says we can't come back 15 through Zion and Utah. Maybe around a three day leg. Not clear how the gnome would work into this. As I recall from the last Godzilla movie, there were lots of little gnome-etts running around. Maybe we need the big momma Godzilla and a bunch or baby off-spring routes ;D

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:18 am »

You might have to 'help' her onto the bus. She was born in '52. Let's be kind to elders, OK.  ;D
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

bollingball

« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2010, 08:10:28 am »
Watch out now I'm 61 and don't need any help ;) well maybe if I have to pick it up after forgetting to put the kick stand down ;D ;D ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2010, 08:32:51 am »
Bollingball, I didn't see your name on the list? No Partridges in a pear tree or on a bus for you unless you're ridin'  ;)

Offline Brown Bomber

• Don't mess with me cause I'm a SOHC/4
  • Expert
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2010, 12:04:10 pm »
But, but, but Susan Dey ( Partridge ) might be on the bus  :o :o

You might have to 'help' her onto the bus. She was born in '52. Let's be kind to elders, OK.  ;D
I'd say she's aging quite well, besides I like older women :) 7 years isn't that much older anyway :-[
Keep the Shiny side up!

1987 ZG1000 "King Crimson"
1972 CB750K2 "Stout"
1976 CB500T "Witch's Promise"
1973 CL450K5 Cafe Project
I'd rather go homeless than chromeless

People get maddest when I've told the truth.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.......
                                                                          Vito Corleone

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2010, 12:08:30 pm »
MyCB75076.......as you travel up the PCH, the Topanga Canyon Road is a nice little ride up the bluff just before you get to Malibu..........Stever McQueen and I traded rides for the day in January or Februrary, 1970. I rode his Triumph and he hide the widest grin ever on my 750 when we stopped near there for a smoke and a cup of coffee.  I'm glad I quite smoking!
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline Brown Bomber

• Don't mess with me cause I'm a SOHC/4
  • Expert
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2010, 12:35:30 pm »
     Going by the map on page 5, if who ever comes out of Indy or there about (MCRider/IndyFour?) would swing down to Cincinnati, I could pick up the torch from there and head up to Columbus and get the capital shot, then go on to meet Tripps or KSmith0034

That line going through IN and OH can be adapted to whatever you guys decide on  ;D It's your area and your ride. ENJOY IT  ;)
     OK, I just heard back from MCRider, he said he may not be much of a participant for focusing on his project. I'm hoping whoever comes through Indiana to Ohio will meet with me near Cincinnati, so I can head east from there.
     Joerizzo0 mentioned Dreyer Honda, and I'm right down the road from Western Hills Honda. I think it'd be cool to have pics with these well known Honda shops along the way.
     Getting shots of the state capitals was also mentioned and I could head up to Columbus from here.
     So those that want to work on a route, PM me so we can get started.
Allen
Keep the Shiny side up!

1987 ZG1000 "King Crimson"
1972 CB750K2 "Stout"
1976 CB500T "Witch's Promise"
1973 CL450K5 Cafe Project
I'd rather go homeless than chromeless

People get maddest when I've told the truth.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.......
                                                                          Vito Corleone

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2010, 01:19:46 pm »
Old Scrambler,

I used to ride Topanga and Malibu canyon roads on my 71 when I lived in the valley in the early seventies. Never met Steve McQueen though. He died early of asbestos poisoning from working in the construction industry. Those were the days when "everyone" smoked cigarettes.

So I have an idea on how to solve the gnome problem starting location since this was all my idea wasn't it? We get two Godzillas, a male and a female ( or a male dressed on drag) , and one starts from each coast. When they meet up somewhere, they spawn and then everyone can head in different directions with their baby Godzilla. And I think it appropriate that the Godzilla in drag start from the bay area. Hope that doesn't offend anyone. Wasn't meant to.

Offline Freaky1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2010, 01:23:43 pm »
Aside from the image of Godzilla being in drag, I'm not offended.
That which does not kill you leaves cool scabs which turn into awesome scars.

'77 CB750F Come on...were almost there!

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2010, 01:35:34 pm »

Hmmmm....this was the only image I came across of Godzilla in drag... :-* :-*

Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline Damfino

• Really Old Timer ...
Your Message Here!

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline Grnrngr

• Master
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2010, 07:27:00 pm »
Heh...don't know if you're ready for this but....I wasn't sure if the three headed flying guy was Rodan or not (he's not, he's Ghidorah) but while checking out the history of Godzilla...the first movie (along with several others) was directed and co-written by....ready??...

...Ishiro HONDA
'72 CB750-K2 "PopCycle"
'73 CB750-K2 "Barney"
'77 CB750A   
'83 Virago 500 (red)
'83 Virago 500 (black)

"and so on and so on and scoobydoobydooby..oooooooshasha"  Sly Stone

Offline Damfino

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2010, 07:30:50 pm »

See!? It was destiny! :D :D
Your Message Here!

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX

Charles Manson

Offline ZanVooden

• I don't need no stinkin' title
  • Hot Shot
  • This was suppose to be a quick one month job...
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2010, 07:35:32 pm »
I've Updated the Spreadsheet tracking everyone.
Only a couple of states missing!

Here, This might help people see where we still need people to join in and help out.
Its a google Doc. For those of you who dont know its a excel spreedsheet that anyone can view.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnAgJYsshlFSdFNNYmFwWXpCWUZKT05zQmViMnBpaVE&hl=en&authkey=COrQx5kN

I set this up based on the drawing that Jerry posted back on page 5 for the rough routing (starts in Florida and ends .....never???). I think I've getten everyone on there that has offered to join so far.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2010, 08:45:30 pm »
Maybe the St. Louis to Indy leg can leg can go north to Quad cities then Chitown then back down to Indy. We can't count out all the Chicago area riders. Maybe I could go St louis to Quad cities, or if no QC guys step up. on to chicago!
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »
Yes!  We definitely want to get Chicago in on the ride!  If the run up from QC doesn't work out, perhaps Sean,  and I can hand off with the Chicago riders as we ride around Lake Michigan.  That is if Team Chicago can get Soichio-san back up to Wisconsin or over to Minnesota. 

Whatda yasay Chicago?  You want a piece of this?
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2010, 10:58:24 pm »
There is this post from ProTeal55 (Halffast)
His site: http://www.halffastchicago.com/

I'll do what I can to help this out here in Chicago.
Tell me what you guys want/need and i will make it happen...

.: Scott :.

Edit: Just a note, I only posted this to state that Proteal55 is on board with this project and linked his site because he has some cool stuff there. Not because he posted any thing on his site about this project. I don't believe he has. Sorry about the confusion if there was any.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:33:43 am by Zaipai »
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  |