Author Topic: SOHC4 Relay Across America, Canada, and Beyond  (Read 52580 times)

Offline zzpete

• You better get an
  • Expert
  • 1969 CB750, 1971 CB750
Re: SOHC4 Relay Across America, Canada, and Beyond
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2010, 06:23:59 pm »
 8)  ;D  :D COOL!! We'll have to paint it up like this!!!
"One of the things that make motorcycling so great because it never fails to give you a feeling of freedom and adventure." - Steve McQueen

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2010, 06:26:38 pm »

8)  ;D  :D COOL!! We'll have to paint it up like this!!!

But not like this?   ;D ;D

Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline seaweb11

• 1st Mate &
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride & Smile
    • Playground Directory
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2010, 06:47:23 pm »

Offline patricke9

• Enthusiast
  • SOHC4 #2037
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2010, 07:17:49 pm »
I'm down for some road time here in WA.  Plenty of guys between Portland and Seattle.
I can pickup on Mercer Island area, do the TT with whomever does the dropoff  8), and run the bugger to the top of the Space Needle.  Better yet, sit him on the "Freemont Bridge Troll" for a snapshot, before heading North to Marysville/Everett area for dropoff....

FB1

edit. Yes, as a matter of fact, that IS a VW in his hand.(CA plates too  :-* )

That would be cool- I have lived within walking distance to the Needle since I moved here in '97 & never been to the top.  I was thinking about the Hat & Boots in Georgetown:
"I did everything by the seat of my pants. That's why I got hurt so much."

Evel Knievel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1978 Kawasaki KZ650

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2010, 07:36:36 pm »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Grnrngr

• Master
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »
OOoooooo...and Paul Bunyan and those big Dinos from PeeWee's Big Adventure too.....
'72 CB750-K2 "PopCycle"
'73 CB750-K2 "Barney"
'77 CB750A   
'83 Virago 500 (red)
'83 Virago 500 (black)

"and so on and so on and scoobydoobydooby..oooooooshasha"  Sly Stone

Offline seaweb11

• 1st Mate &
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride & Smile
    • Playground Directory
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2010, 07:50:17 pm »

Is that "the magic bus"?

Sorry, I fixed that for you Jerry 8)
I apologize to the sensitivities of other members here that don't get Jerry's humor ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2010, 07:57:16 pm »
Hey Scotty,
Looks like you are down near the Mex boarder though. I was hoping the route would head up 15 through Zion National Park
I'm pretty much in the center of AZ; about 200 miles North of the border. (and about as close as I care to get)
A loop through the Zion area would be excellent!!
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2010, 08:12:06 pm »
Somebody needs to put together a chronologically ordered list of entry/exit points for each state so we can get in touch with our fellow riders to exchange contact info and arrange meeting places.

As far as I know, I'm doing Michigan's UP solo unless somebody else wants to join me.  There is one other Yooper on this forum, but they don't know if they will have their bike up and running in time.
I wanna do the U.P. too.  Sounds like I will meet whoever in Detroit, Ride on up, throught he u.p., man, I love going to Milwaukee too, geez might as well go home all the way around L. Michigan.  That should make for a nice summer vacation...

I'm planning to ride Lower Michigan too!  Sean, since we're both in Kazoo, what say we ride together to meet up with Team Ontario either in Windsor or on the Michigan side (I don't have a passport yet, so I may not be able get back if I cross).  Or maybe Team Ontario will wana ride with us to the UP and they can cross back at the Souix.  Just spitballing here.  

Some landmarks I'd like to hit are the biker bar in Hell (yes, there really is a Hell, Michigan!) and the old Gibson guitar factory back here in Kazoo.   Keep your shorts on Nashville!  I know you think the Gibson factory is in Tennessee, but during the 70's, it was HERE in Kalamazoo!  

We can prolly overnight in Kazoo before heading up to meet Rat.  Depending on the time of the week, there is a crew of "vintage Rice Burners" in Grand Rapids that might ride with us.  My neighbor rides a Triumph and wants to tag along too.  

Depending on the situation, I may turn around at the bridge or circle the lake with ya.  This might be a way to get Team Chicago in on the event if they can get Soichio-san back to the Cheese Heads or over to Minnesota.   Again, just spitball'n!
Yeah, sounds like definate possibilities.  I know there is tons of sight-seeing/photo-ops in Detroit plus at least a couple forum members.  Yeah, I probably won't try to deal with passport/border crossing.  But yeah, being in the same town to start with, we are bound to be doing some riding together!
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2010, 08:25:49 pm »
Oh yeah, any forum members and their traveling companions are welcome to crash at my house.  Can't promise ya the lap of luxury, but it's big, nicer than a tent, and cheaper than a motel room.  I'm pretty used to guys and gals stayin' over as I often put up underpayed touring rock and roll musicians.  I can certainly say for myself, that how much of this trip I personally participate in will depend on how much couch surfing is possible.  Thanks to Old Scrambler for the offer! 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:28:28 pm by seanbarney41 »
If it works good, it looks good...

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »
Here, This might help people see where we still need people to join in and help out.
Its a google Doc. For those of you who dont know its a excel spreedsheet that anyone can view.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnAgJYsshlFSdFNNYmFwWXpCWUZKT05zQmViMnBpaVE&hl=en&authkey=COrQx5kN

I set this up based on the drawing that Jerry posted back on page 5 for the rough routing (starts in Florida and ends .....never???). I think I've getten everyone on there that has offered to join so far.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave,

Nice tracking. I didn't check to see if everyone is included but it's looking good. I hadn't planned on tracking just yet so I'm glad you did it. Would you continue to maintain this as I add the new riders? I'm picking new riders up from this thread and the PM's I have asked for. I'm on the road so I'm limited until later this weekend. Should you number everyone according to the list to help determine if everyone is included? Working with Glenn, he is planning on finding the best possible map to add to make it functionably relevant to what we are doing but that may take a week or so.

I had asked the riders to send me a PM and I would continue to ask that. I save the PM's in order to be able to better track them and I respond directly also. I'm trying to keep the thread as clean as possible and I plan on switching over to the new thread when I get home te first of the week.

Keep it going boys!!
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2010, 09:24:26 pm »
Scott,

It IS now sanctioned. Check out Owners Club forums ; World Tour!!  ;)

I hope to navigate this over to the new area the first of the week when I'm back home. This takes considerable time and it's hard to do while I'm on the road. STAY TUNED  ;D  
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:48:30 pm by Jerry Rxman Griffin »

Offline fatmatt650

• Part Deux
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2010, 09:41:39 pm »
SOHC SUPPORT BUS?

So much to do, so little time.

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2010, 09:54:37 pm »
OK, let's hear from the rest of you Arizonans! Most of you are in the Phoenix area, and I know there are some near Tucson. Don't be left out, 'cause if it gets left up to me, there will be a Northern route. Shenanigans??
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Freaky1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2010, 05:43:25 am »

SOHC Support Bus?? ;D ;D

All we'd need is to cut in a lift where the luggage boxes are and you could ride up along side, park on the lift, raise it up, slide it in and rolling workshop!! Background, my Brother-in-Law had one of these outside his barn and I have done some staring at it with a few beers in me and well...isn't that how all great ideas are launched?? ;D

I'm down for the Colorado leg, maybe Hwy 40 from Utah, down and around to Mt. Evans, 285 out to Franktown, out to Limon-ish and Hwy 36 into Kansas. I've got a family thing in Omaha and might be able to push this to K.C. if someone has the desire to join me in the great vast wasteland that is Kansas, or even jump into Nebraska, I'm open to suggestions.
That which does not kill you leaves cool scabs which turn into awesome scars.

'77 CB750F Come on...were almost there!

Offline bender01

• Master
  • "Follow the leader.He's on a Honda"
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2010, 05:54:02 am »
"The bus came by and I got on. Thats when it all began!"
75 550 K1
74 750 K4
1968 450 K1 Super Sport
74 750k 836 project
http://www.bikepics.com/members/bender01/
So, the strategy is to lie to people you are asking for help?

I think I'll be busy going for a ride.

Good luck!
Two Tired Quote !

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2010, 07:13:29 am »
That would be cool- I have lived within walking distance to the Needle since I moved here in '97 & never been to the top.  I was thinking about the Hat & Boots in Georgetown:

Patricke9
Hoping its Godzilla.  A clever shot of him attacking/climbing the Needle would be sweeeet!  8)
Hope to hook up with you on a leg of this adventure!
FB1
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mine…"

Offline ZanVooden

• I don't need no stinkin' title
  • Hot Shot
  • This was suppose to be a quick one month job...
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2010, 07:21:08 am »
Here, This might help people see where we still need people to join in and help out.
Its a google Doc. For those of you who dont know its a excel spreedsheet that anyone can view.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnAgJYsshlFSdFNNYmFwWXpCWUZKT05zQmViMnBpaVE&hl=en&authkey=COrQx5kN

I set this up based on the drawing that Jerry posted back on page 5 for the rough routing (starts in Florida and ends .....never???). I think I've getten everyone on there that has offered to join so far.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave,

Nice tracking. I didn't check to see if everyone is included but it's looking good. I hadn't planned on tracking just yet so I'm glad you did it. Would you continue to maintain this as I add the new riders? I'm picking new riders up from this thread and the PM's I have asked for. I'm on the road so I'm limited until later this weekend. Should you number everyone according to the list to help determine if everyone is included? Working with Glenn, he is planning on finding the best possible map to add to make it functionably relevant to what we are doing but that may take a week or so.

I had asked the riders to send me a PM and I would continue to ask that. I save the PM's in order to be able to better track them and I respond directly also. I'm trying to keep the thread as clean as possible and I plan on switching over to the new thread when I get home te first of the week.

Keep it going boys!!

I will gladly maintain this list. I can certainly put the numbers by members names. I will just continue to update it as you update the post on page 1.

Offline patricke9

• Enthusiast
  • SOHC4 #2037
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2010, 07:46:58 am »

Patricke9
Hoping its Godzilla.  A clever shot of him attacking/climbing the Needle would be sweeeet!  8)
FB1

That would be great!  Looking forward to meeting a few more members in person.  I also know of several other SOHC4's in town, some lurk here, some don't but I think it will be a great turnout.
"I did everything by the seat of my pants. That's why I got hurt so much."

Evel Knievel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1978 Kawasaki KZ650

Offline Duanob

• Bold Timer
  • Old Timer
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2010, 11:34:38 am »

Patricke9
FB1

That would be great!  Looking forward to meeting a few more members in person.  I also know of several other SOHC4's in town, some lurk here, some don't but I think it will be a great turnout.

Hey don't forget me! As long as it's summer time and I'm not out on my boat I'll throw a leg over and and rip up some 2 lane with you guys.
"Just because you flush a boatload of money down the toilet, doesn't make the toilet worth more",  My Stepfather the Unknown Poet

1974 CB360T
1976 CB550K2 Resurrected
1976 CB550F2 Barn Find
1979 CX500 VG "HONDA-GUZZI"
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie
2015 BMW F700GS
Another 1976 CB550K Cafe?

__o
_- \_<,
(*) /' (*)

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2010, 12:23:19 pm »
No Way D!  Hoping for a good turnout  8)
this will be EPIC!
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mine…"

Offline Brown Bomber

• Don't mess with me cause I'm a SOHC/4
  • Expert
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2010, 12:26:09 pm »
     Going by the map on page 5, if who ever comes out of Indy or there about (MCRider/IndyFour?) would swing down to Cincinnati, I could pick up the torch from there and head up to Columbus and get the capital shot, then go on to meet Tripps or KSmith0034
Keep the Shiny side up!

1987 ZG1000 "King Crimson"
1972 CB750K2 "Stout"
1976 CB500T "Witch's Promise"
1973 CL450K5 Cafe Project
I'd rather go homeless than chromeless

People get maddest when I've told the truth.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.......
                                                                          Vito Corleone

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2010, 08:11:43 pm »
Also going by the map on page 5.......I'm assuming this will run from San Diego on up the coast to the Bay Area and on towards Reno (on the west coast). I don't know which riders are interested here but I wouldn't mind headin' southwest from Modesto and joining the ride from maybe Monterey on up north and over to Reno.From there....I would head back home.
Anyone out here in Cali that would join in anywhere between those points.....lemme know!!! Jerry is wanting us to start planning our own segment of this run so we should start setting something up.We will need to know when it will roll through our zone (so as to be able to take time off work,get bike ready,save $$ up for the trip).
Haven't seen Sean Condon,Two Tired,chime in on this but this would be a ride not to be missed!!!!
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »
Oh.......by the way.....there will be no hippie,Partridge family buses traveling with me (no way in hell they could keep up!!!!) ;D
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline Spanner 1

• Old Timer
  • CB 750 K0 ( always thought it was a K1!) + CB750K8
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2010, 09:18:20 pm »
But, but, but Susan Dey ( Partridge ) might be on the bus  :o :o
If your sure it's a carb problem; it's ignition,
If your sure it's an ignition problem; it's carbs....