Author Topic: RIDERS......**-POST LOGS HERE-**....Rider Logs Only - PLEASE DON'T POST COMMENTS  (Read 65025 times)

Offline larecords

• Master of none Jack of all
  • Enthusiast
  • love,love, love this
Post a few pics of the Saturday July 16th ride from Ottawa to Algonquin Park Story and more pics to follow
Don't wake me until I'm DEAD
1977 550 Honda ride
1978 550 Honda cafe in waitin'

Offline wohali

• What, me worry?
  • Hot Shot
  • Don Pardo, tell 'em what they've won!
Full gallery is online HERE.

Brooze72 and Wohali (me) in downtown Toronto

GZ gettin' ready to take on Canadian National Healthcare

At the Skydome / Rogers Centre, home of the Toronto Blue Jays

Flying up to smash the world's tallest freestanding tower with his mighty piston!

More to come from the ride tomorrow! \o/

Offline larecords

• Master of none Jack of all
  • Enthusiast
  • love,love, love this
here goes .... Sat morn. wake up and filled with this naggin' uncertainty, not sure what, but know l've put myself in the riders seat to put this Gman on to "the park" and is the bike really up for it? As well as myself. Back is achin'  and my neck worst, do a few Dan Millman exercises and feelin' a little better but this lingerin' feelin' sayin, not to sure this is going to be pleasant when l get back home, ifin l make it home.... gatherin' courage l  wander outside to take a look at Lazie...short for Lazarus as this ole girl's been resurrected 1 too many times... go diggin' for the wind screen my bro in law gave me and after a mad search for parts attain a faring that in hind sight made the trip bearable ....checked the chain  and had a few loose spots on it but knowin' if l tightened it, it would have a tight spot and a loose spot is better than tight... lube it up pretty good ...put on the saddle bags to store the rain gear even though they are callin' for heat and sun in the mid to high 20's C. Any biker worth his salt is prepared.   City crews workin' the catch basin on my street wander by curious as to.. .well could be a number of things, my 64 Chevy... me dressin my 77 550. We get to talkin' bikes and they are all blowin' away with the ride... all start tellin' me about their youth ridin SOHC4's... what a blast... so REVI'N KEVIN havin' worked his magic on Lazie still leaves me wonderin' it still is runnin' too rich so l pull the air filter adjust the carbs a little leaner and take it out for a test run... pipes are way to efin loud... yet sound saweet... figure l'll take the filter and if it starts to act up badly l'll put it back in.. then l remember as l'm about to take off that l wanted to change the oil as all the playin' around REV"N KEVIN did to get the ole girl runnin' left residule... reluctantly get out the oil pan and drain er ...put new oil in and kisses and good wishes for a save return from my lovely lady JUD l head off ... just outta my driveway and my phone rings. It's Alan who I scream at tellin' him I'll call back in five as I'm waitin at a light... Al and I agree to meet at the overpass on the 417 in 10 min...more to follow as l'm off to bed
and here I am again...

Al meets me at said junction,  I'm thinkin' he's gonna stop and chat, so I take out the banner as I wanna take a few pics. I take a couple with it on the bike, buddy in a van stops to see if I'm OK (turns out his ride is a SOHC4) ...he takes a pic after hearing what I'm doing ... Al comes by and goes on through,   
                   BREAK ON THROUGH...

we meet up in ARNPRIOR Tim Horton's. Shoot the #$%* with a few ole boys, find out one of the guys (biker) had his son involved in a serious crash in Algonquin Park day before... leaves us less than..., yet motor on to meet up with my buddy Pat. He's been ridin since he was outta  the womb and mostly on SOHC4's but today is on BLUE THUNDER somewhat modified 1300 Yamy that has blowin the doors of anythin' local.... Pat and I have been on the outs cause me wantin' to spend $$$ on the 550 instead of the '08 Shadow, but all is healed when he hears ole Lasie pullin' up... off to meet up with my sister and her better half in Golden Lake
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:10:56 pm by larecords »
Don't wake me until I'm DEAD
1977 550 Honda ride
1978 550 Honda cafe in waitin'

Offline wohali

• What, me worry?
  • Hot Shot
  • Don Pardo, tell 'em what they've won!
36 new Niagara Falls and Detroit rally pictures are ONLINE HERE! Lots of great closeup glamour shots of the ladies. All have been colour corrected, so these are definitely print-worthy, gents!

The US Army called in a B-23 to dispatch GZ!

I think we set the rally record at 11 bikes in one location :D

All the riders

Riders, please help me with your names/handles so I can update the gallery with captions. Also, if you would like full resolution copies with no watermarks, PM me.

Travel log tomorrow when my right hand isn't so cramped I can barely type :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:40:53 pm by wohali »

Offline brooze72

• Talk to my friends here at SOHC4 if you need an
  • Expert
Here is my report for the Coboconk to Niagara Falls leg.  Have to do it in three parts as Photobucket won't let me open an account to post all pictures  >:(

Saturday July 16 – Rode out with Bobbofresh (09 Ninja 650) & Curveball (08 Suzuki M50) as GZ security for the handoff.  Got word from Strawhouse that Godzilla is running 3 ½ hours late, so back to Beaverton to meet up with Cookindaddy, Buk_tony & HondanutRider.  Most couldn’t wait any longer for GZ .  Bobbofresh & I returned to Coboconk where Strawhouse arrived with the lizard.

We stopped in at HondanutRider’s place on the return trip for a visit & see his amazing collection of mostly red 60’s vintage Hondas, wow they were in great shape! He rode a few miles with us on the 350/4 & got his name on the banner.  Thanks for the tour Bob.  Back to Pickering for a late dinner, 247 total miles covered today, 81 with Zilla.

2011, 2012 & 2013 Godzilla Relay Rally Rider
"Hold on loosely...don't let go
 If you cling too tightly...you're gonna lose control"
1972 CB500K1 - restored rider
1981 CB650C - new project

Offline brooze72

• Expert
Sunday July 17 – A blazing hot day (35C) to tour Toronto.  I rode west from Pickering with DivineD (my wife Deb) as my passenger to the downtown Toronto waterfront, plan was to meet  other SOHCers but only Wohali showed up on her ‘78 750F.   
We planned a short tour of the sights & headed first to the outer harbor to show GZ the city skyline with the CN Tower & sailboats on the water in the foreground.  Then off to the Princess Gates, a part of the Canadian National Exhibition grounds where there has been an annual fair since 1879 (also the site of the Toronto Indy races) Next stop was thru the University of Toronto grounds (Wohali’s finishing another degree there) to Queen’s Park, seat of the provincial government. 

Offline brooze72

• Expert
Sunday July 17 - continued...By this time GZ is getting a powerful thirst so we headed for the Skydome where my daughter tends bar across the street.  GZ climbed up on the beer taps & wouldn’t leave until he drank his fill, my bar tab was outrageous!  After a walk back to the bikes we unfurled the banner & a couple on a nearby Triumph took our photos, thanks guys.  We were now melting in the heat & headed home, a good day, thanks to Wohali, DivineD & Godzilla.  63 miles covered.

Offline brooze72

• Expert
Monday July 18 – Still very hot out, GZ chilled by the pool & teased the dog.  He seemed bored so I strapped him to the CB & went to Lake Ontario at the Pickering shore line.  When he saw the nuclear plant, he told me to wait while he went for a battery recharge.  He came back with a weird glow about him (don’t ever ask what happened down there) and he was overheated.  After a quick dip in the lake I told him to stand by the big fan (North America’s largest wind turbine, don’t tell him).  With the sun going down over the city & lake, that wrapped up the day, only a 5 mile ride today.

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
Some of the Michgan Contigent (plus me in the orange jacket) at the foot of the Mackinac Bridge. I am still on site. I promise to add names and handles later when I an at a computer.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline brooze72

• Expert
Final post, I know, I can't count.
Friday July 22 – My final day with Godzilla, I drove into Toronto with Curveball again to Wohali’s place.  A quick greeting & then Joan spotted some cracked chain links on the pre trip inspection.  After a brief discussion of options, she wheeled the bike back around to the garage & proceeded to install the old chain.
I texted Tripps to keep him up to date & we set off later than planned.  All two lane roads thru Toronto & along the lakeshore made for slow going, her bike also doesn’t have a 5th gear so superslabs had to be avoided.  She also had a few stops with electrical gremlins cutting out the power.  It might have been a loose main fuse holder, as eventually GZ scared the gremlins away & things got smoother.  A little bragging here, my ‘72 500K1 ran flawlessly & never missed a beat the whole trip (thanks to my good bud Clamo, master rebuilder extrordinaire).
After crossing the Burlington Bay lift bridge we had a nice tour thru wine country, would have loved to stop & sample the products but Tripps was waiting…  Arrived in Niagara Falls about 2:30 & found Tripps at the Skylon Tower.  We then walked down to the falls for some photo ops & boy, was it hot, especially the hike back up hill to the bikes!  We exchanged the banner & lizard & said our goodbyes.  Tripps & Wohali heading for Windsor, Curveball & I back towards Toronto via the Niagara parkway.  247 total miles today & 98 with Godzilla.  Can’t wait to do it again next year!

Offline Bankerdanny

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
Big G checks out Munison Falls 7/29/11, Munison, Mi, UP
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline Johnie

• Really Old Timer ...
old scrambler picked up GZ in Iron Mt. MI from the guys about 2 hours ago. He will head straight south to Green Bay. I warned him about the storms moving toward him and Green Bay which is where he is headed. Should arrive there around 5PM depending on how heavy the rain is. We have severe thunderstorm warnings now and Dennis said he would pull off if it got bad. They were saying 65 MPH winds. I got as far north as Kaukauna and turned back as the black skies got worse. I think if he waits it out in Green Bay the storms will head over the lake and he should have a dry ride to his home near Sheboygan for the night. Ride safe Dennis!!!
1970 CB750K0 - Candy Ruby Red
1973 CB750K3 - Candy Bacchus Olive or Sunflake Orange
1970 Chevy Chevelle SS396 - Cortez Silver
1976 GL1000 sulphur yellow (current project)

Oshkosh, WI  USA

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
GZ (Cheezee while in Wisconsin) has been passed to Skamegedon in Milwaukee where he will stay for the night and see some local sights.........Along with Zanvooden (meet up at the Fuel Cafe) will travel to Madison on Monday

He had an event-filled ride from Iron Mountain Michigan to Green Bay including 65 mph winds and rain........then a stomp at Lambeau Field and a nice eveing ride to Sheboygan County while our clothes dried in the breeze.  Johnie tried to join us but was turned back by the storm.

Today we (MJ, Seanbarny42, Bankerdan, Cheezee and me) stopped for pics at Road America (it was closed) and then were off to the beaches along Lake Michigan. Cheezee discovered a new beer he liked (Tyvenera?) and the bar-mistress was interested in the ride because she is also a biker. I traveled a total of 595 miles over 2 days.  GZ, the log books, and the banner were with me for 335 miles.

I will post pics after my camera charges..........tip: No clouds in the sky and a sunny 2-day forecast..........don't believe it..........pack some rain gear and a baggie for the camera.

Question for Jerry and all...........The back of the banner is full of signitures...........should someone attach another piece of vinyl?......or something else for the rest of the signitures.

Pics starting with MI riders arriving in Iron Mountain.........[/img]

Bikes at Lambeau Field

Road America

Sheboygan Harbor

High-Noon Bartendress that rides!

CHEEZEE (only while in Wisconsin) tastes the local brew

Old Scrambler; Seanbarny42; Bankerdanny; & MJStone in my driveway near Cascade

Handoff to Skamagedon in Milwaukee on July 31st

CHEEZEE has a new ride!

Bikes at Milwaukee Handoff to Jon - Skamagedon

MJ; Sean & Dan leaving McDonald's at State Fair Park
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:58:58 pm by Old Scrambler »
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Question for Jerry and all...........The back of the banner is full of signitures...........should someone attach another piece of vinyl?......or something else for the rest of the signitures.
Oh crap! :o   
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Dennis,

That's a FANTASTIC problem to have!  ;D  Many happy riders.  :) I was wondering if that might happen. I think we should utilize the front now but be aware that future signers need to conserve space for the rest of the upcoming riders. Keep it small and compact. Work the border areas first then head inward. That will prevent any secondary forms from being misplaced etc PLUS it will look better with the front and back filled ;) Hopefully the word is being relayed also that the banner is ONLY for those carrying CheeseZilla but the log books are for all participants. I'd guesstimate we are now beyond 75% of the Relay so there should be room. The riders will become more scarce as it heads across the vast westward stretches. How's the first log book coming? 200 pages and I'd bet it's getting close.

Great job Dennis. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  ;)

Jerry
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Bankerdanny

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
I thought it was the other way around, all participants sign but only those who carry GZ write in the book.

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
I thought it was the other way around, all participants sign but only those who carry GZ write in the book.

That was my understanding, too.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!

That was my understanding, too.

Me three!!
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Sounds like at this point that's irrelavent  ;)  ;D  Carry on, just save some space. The more the merrier as long as we're having fun.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline myhondas

• Not really such a
  • Expert
Jerry,
I am out of town on the road right now , I do you have another identical banner  that we could utilize . Once I get back home , I could possibly ship it  to someone & we could start the second group of riders on that one. Just a thought & suggestion.

Ray
1974 CB 750 K4 SHOWROOM
1974 CB 750 K4 IN PART-OUT PROCESS (my original bike)
1965 C100 CUB 50 (PIT BIKE)
1996 VF 750 CD daily rider
1983 VF 1100 V65 Magna in restoration process
SOHC# 5105 11228

Offline madmtnmotors

• When did I get to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Sunny Central Florida
I'm with Jerry on this one, I would switch to the front and keep going! I, too, thought all participants were signing the banner and/or logbook, let the rider decide.
TAMTF...

Wilbur

Projects:
"Evolution": http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=100352.0
"P.O. Debacle": http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,126692.msg1441661.html#msg1441661
F2/F3 O-rings: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=113672.msg1300721#msg1300721
Cam Tower Studs: https://www.mcmaster.com/#93210a017/=t19sgp
Clean up that nasty harness: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=137351.msg1549191#msg1549191
                                           http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,148188.msg1688494.html#msg1688494
                                           http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,139544.msg1579364.html#msg1579364
                                           http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/wiring750K1.html
Charging system diagnosis: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=1012.msg8345#msg8345
Get the manuals: http://manuals.sohc4.net/cb750k/
The Dragon: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.msg1571675#msg1571675
Headlight Switch: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=113986.msg1283236#msg1283236
Branden's leak free top end thread: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=107040.0
Engine Lifting Made Easy: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,58210.msg1684742.html#msg1684742
                                      http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,100352.msg1675840.html#msg1675840
Static and Dynamic Timing: http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/carb_info/timing/timing1.html
Airbox Gasket Replacement: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,114485.msg1290000.html#msg1290000
"Café" : http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,84697.msg953814.html#msg953814
PD Carb Choke Linkage: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,100352.msg1669248.html#msg1669248
                                    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,110931.msg1248354.html#msg1248354
                                    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,48858.msg515204.html#msg515204
Follow up on your damn posts: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,144305.msg1791605.html#msg1791605
Taiwanese Cam Chain Tensioners:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,155043.msg1774841.html#msg1774841
Gumtwo Seat Cover: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,164440.msg1897366.html#msg1897366
Primary Drive: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,166063.msg1919278.html#msg1919278
Tank Latch: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,165975.msg1919495.html#msg1919495
Shorten your forks: http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/How-to-shorten-forks-td4042465.html DO NOT CUT THE SPRINGS!
Clutch How To: http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/How-to-change-and-adjust-a-clutch-SOHC-td4040391.html
Late model K7/K8/F2/F3 front sprocket cover removal: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,178428.msg2072279.html#msg2072279
630 to 530 conversion: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180710.msg2094423.html#msg2094423

Sent from my Tandy TRS-80!

Offline skamagedon

• Mad Scientist-Gearhead
  • Hot Shot
  • My other car is a motorcycle
    • Arcade and pinball repair
i wrote a decent amount in the book.  why was there a Bullet? also< hollow points are illegal in WI....
 pics and vids
check it out......  http://www.flickr.com/photos/57177301@N08/?saved=1
also this....    http://www.youtube.com/user/skamagedon?feature=mhee
go go go Gojira!
and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:39:22 pm by skamagedon »
1976 CB550 mutt "Tiger Pain"
(stock carb setup, unifilter, 4-2 baffled)
1976 CB360T "Resto Wifebike...wink wink"
Hot glue is your friend

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
i wrote a decent amount in the book.  why was there a Bullet? also< hollow points are illegal in WI....
 pics and vids
check it out......  http://www.flickr.com/photos/57177301@N08/?saved=1
also this....    http://www.youtube.com/user/skamagedon?feature=mhee
go go go Gojira!
and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oops sorry...my roomate gave me that for good luck...it was inconsiderate of me to not consider various state laws...also we should also certainly get that outta there before any international border crossings
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
alright I got some catching up to do...this log goes all the way back to the 23rd for the eastern Canada/Michigan handoff in Detroit...I met up with Old Scool is Cool and GreenManalishi in Kalamazoo...it was raining a little when we left...then it dried up...then it rained some more...dried up etc.  We had some decent photo ops on the way although GZ would really have liked to meet some of these characters...also the second rain seemed to trigger some slight mechanical difficulties...Green's ignition key switched had to be jiggled and Old School's ignition got wet.  Both these problems were quickly remedied and we were on our way...just a little late...

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
a few more pics on the way to Detroit...